• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamhack Summer 2012 Thread: SC2/DOTA2/HoN/LoL/CS/Quake/BF3/SF4AE/SFxT June 16-18

Haunted

dat Stephano. He really beat Keen? Goddamn. Hero beats Taeja and is the last Korean standing. He has better chances vs Nerchio than Stephano.

Nerchio has one of the best ZvZs in the world, but Stephano has the better ZvT and ZvP. Should be interesting!

Lower bracket has Naniwa and Dimaga advancing as expected, winner of Sase vs ret will cruise through to the semis.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Na'Vi domination, snore. Wake me up when The International happens so Zenith and DK can provide a challenge.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
It must be pretty hard playing a game nobody cares about.
yu4qG.png

Not sure where those numbers are coming from. Dota has ~30k people watching on all the Streams and LoL has 70k.

Deadly

I hear Tobi/Synderen mentioning Artstyle alot suddenly while Na'Vi is playing, is he subbing for someone or something?

Boken

Banned
:lol, looks like he touched a nerve.
No salt pls. 2GD dislikes moba games as a whole. We must stick together

In other news, CLGeu showing that they're still top tier material.

EDIT: no salt goes for soda too
I do find it interesting that LoL has so many viewers but nobody on GAF really posts about it.
It's the casual factor of LoL + the hardcore factor of DotA which means on core GAF # of players is skewed in DotA's favour. We also hide in our own thread.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Hey dudes. Do they archive the games on twitch? I'm gonna miss the finals on for dota =(

you quoted the wrong guy

Haunted

ret crushing Sase with Mutas in game 1 right now.

I do find it interesting that LoL has so many viewers but nobody on GAF really posts about it.
Yeah, I really wonder where all these LoL-loving people are hiding. :lol Game is terrible to watch, imo. Probably the worst out of all the games at DH. Really puzzling to me that it consistently has the highest numbers.

oh well

SaberVulcan

Yeah, I really wonder where all these LoL-loving people are hiding. :lol Game is terrible to watch, imo. Probably the worst out of all the games at DH. Really puzzling to me that it consistently has the highest numbers.

oh well

Alot of people play it, and its easy to get into so that attracts even more people.

DotA and SC2 have higher skillcaps, one is in beta and the other costs $60.

So yeah, people probably have more positive experiences, and overall playtime with LoL then the rest.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

EDIT: no salt goes for soda too

It's the casual factor of LoL + the hardcore factor of DotA which means on core GAF # of players is skewed in DotA's favour. We also hide in our own thread.

2GD is a huge Dota fan.

Even so, whenever I check the thread it's only ever a few people talking about the games, and then it's just a handful of posts. It does seem like not that many people talk about LoL in general either.

SaberVulcan

I think we need to make a League of Legends vs DotA thread to settle which game is the best.

But why? While they were built from the same bricks, they are totally different games. I have no hate for LoL or its community, and I really dont understand why people need to bash them. Im fairly certain as the years go by, both LoL and DotA will survive and have thriving communities (who probably hate eachother).

HoN on the otherhand, unfortunately, will probably die. I dont see it surviving for another year if DotA2 hits the mass market in the next few months.
Edit: Or if they don't change their formula from a Dota clone.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
But why? While they were built from the same bricks, they are totally different games. I have no hate for LoL or its community, and I really dont understand why people need to bash them. Im fairly certain as the years go by, both LoL and DotA will survive and have thriving communities (who probably hate eachother).

HoN on the otherhand, unfortunately, will probably die. I dont see it surviving for another year if DotA2 hits the mass market in the next few months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAZ8xwXE5UY

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm really just joking. It was something posted by Joe Miller yesterday on twitter. I thought there were more interesting Dota 2 games than League games this weekend from what I saw.
Our League community is really tiny, especially in comparison to the number of people who play the game.

SaberVulcan

Oh, well then. I havent paid attention to HoN in a while, so I guess it is already on the decline. I assumed it was doing OK since its prize pot is more then DotA.

Oh well, it was a good substitute for DotA for a good while, played from closed beta until Aluna (?) (the WR pseudo clone) was released.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm really just joking. It was something posted by Joe Miller yesterday on twitter. I thought there were more interesting Dota 2 games than League games this weekend from what I saw.

Our League community is really tiny, especially in comparison to the number of people who play the game.

The end of M5 vs CLG.eu was better than any Dota game this weekend.

Boken

Banned
2GD is a huge Dota fan.
I still think he'd still rather any other FPS.
Even so, whenever I check the thread it's only ever a few people talking about the games, and then it's just a handful of posts. It does seem like not that many people talk about LoL in general either.
If we use reddit as a measuring stick, LoL and SC2 have over 100k subs and DotA2, 30k. What does it mean!? I don't know.

KingKong

nice first map by Rapha, love how he was baiting cypher to go after him from the YA room so he could just rocket him over and over in the small hallway

ksan

rapha should become POTUS, then there wouldn't be any contest which nation would be the most powerful on earth ever again

I don't care about the whole league vs. dota 2 thing, but please don't neglect to mention that the US servers were down the entire day yesterday. That would be something that would boost numbers for viewers.

I hope it isn't na'vi domination at TI2.

twofold

Good finals. Great play from both players.. Just Rapha was that bit better. Hope Cypher can put up a better fight at Quakecon.

Top Bottom