• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams opens lower than 1.5k in Japan (Retail only, does not factor early access, policestationx tries to start console war)

scalman

yh i mean what is it. i knew what was LBP, it was game first. and then tons levels to play from other people , simple. here all its not that simple kinda its kinda game but not much of game and its kinda game engine, they need to promote this with some great creations, but they mostly kinda generic and simple. i think its problem that its gone to 3d world, in LBP all was more simple and it was great i played it and bought it from first day when LBP came out and enjoyed it with new friends i found at Home space. wow it was good times in Home.
so now we went to 3d and all games must kinda be that way , and i duno if thats works in favor for this all.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Well this sucks. I really liked project spark when it came out. This is like that game on steroids so it's sad to see it doing badly. I think it'll grow on people once the content gets publicized. I thought about buying it myself, but I'm no developer and I'm honestly hoping for a PC release, just for ease of use and frame rate.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LBP games sold millions on a PS3 user base that never even reached 90M. PS4 is over 100M.

Will be interesting to see how sales stack up.

Zelda has more ratio on overseas market than MGS.

No it doesn't.

Zelda sells better than MGS in Japan on average, the western Ratio can be up to nearly the entirety of the game sales, specifically America.

Did you look at the chart? BoW would be the only recent exception to this rule, Phantom Pain didn't even sell 500k in Japan with all the versions. It barely met up with Majors Mask 3DS remaster.

Heck even if we align MGS 1 1998 with OoT 1998, the overseas ratio is higher for MGS, in fact, Kojima didn't even think the game was going to go anwher, the military and American theming played a part in that.

No it doesn't.

Zelda sells better than MGS in Japan on average, the western Ratio can be up to nearly the entirety of the game sales, specifically America.

Did you look at the chart? BoW would be the only recent exception to this rule, Phantom Pain didn't even sell 500k in Japan with all the versions. It barely met up with Majors Mask 3DS remaster.

Heck even if we align MGS 1 1998 with OoT 1998, the overseas ratio is higher for MGS, in fact, Kojima didn't even think the game was going to go anwher, the military and American theming played a part in that.
Do you have the shipment data for MGSV? I'd love to see the regions breakdown for the sales vs BOTW.

Do you have the shipment data for MGSV? I'd love to see the regions breakdown for the sales vs BOTW.

That comparison doesn't make any sense since MGSV is a 2015 game, and BOTW is inflated by being one of the only few games people brought for nearly a year on two consoles that were software starved (for different reasons) outside of japan.

I already gave you an example that make sense with MGS 1 and OoT.

Want another example?

MGSV and OoT 3D(3DS) came out the same year and sold nearly the same.

MGS V sold over 6 million copies with 448k in Japan.

OoT 3D on the 3DS (which at the time has a lot more sales than PS4/Xbox combined at the time,) sold 4 million copies, and 448k in Japan.

The ratio for the west is and always will be hire with MGS..

Don't get me started on the re-releases, some of which sold over 50k in japan.

Also there's the whole Mega man thing you omitted as well. Another franchise that has a bigger overseas ratio than Zelda.

I'm thinking of something older, turn of the century maybe, but yeah that seems to agree with those memories~

Mega Man? Once you go below 1998 you only got a few choices.

That comparison doesn't make any sense since MGSV is a 2015 game, and BOTW is inflated by being one of the only few games people brought for nearly a year on two consoles that were software starved (for different reasons) outside of japan.

I already gave you an example that make sense with MGS 1 and OoT.

Want another example?

MGSV and OoT 3D(3DS) came out the same year and sold nearly the same.

MGS V sold over 6 million copies with 448k in Japan.

OoT 3D on the 3DS (which at the time has a lot more sales than PS4/Xbox combined at the time,) sold 4 million copies, and 448k in Japan.

The ratio for the west is and always will be hire with MGS..

Don't get me started on the re-releases, some of which sold over 50k in japan.

Also there's the whole Mega man thing you omitted as well. Another franchise that has a bigger overseas ratio than Zelda.

Mega Man? Once you go below 1998 you only got a few choices.
That was physical sales alone, I need a full shipment breakdown to analyze it propely.

That was physical sales alone, I need a full shipment breakdown to analyze it propely.

Analyze what properly? This seems like spin if anything, MG1 and OoT didn't have a digital version when they released, MGSV's 6 million includes digital. There's nothing to analyze.

Even MGS Survive has a wide overseas ratio, the whole series is robot nukes in fake American land this shouldn't surprise you.

The only game I can think of that has more overseas ratio than MGS is Mega Man (outside of BN/SF.)

Analyze what properly? This seems like spin if anything, MG1 and OoT didn't have a digital version when they released, MGSV's 6 million includes digital. There's nothing to analyze.

Even MGS Survive has a wide overseas ratio, the whole series is robot nukes in fake American land this shouldn't surprise you.

The only game I can think of that has more overseas ratio than MGS is Mega Man (outside of BN/SF.)
I wanted to see the actual number of MGSV sales in Japan.

LMJ

policestationx policestationx , I get from your post history that you have a strong bias when it comes to platform of choice, but there is a difference between being a fanboy (preference for a particular IP, publisher or dev) and being a blind loyalist...

I can only picture the slimy smile that crept upon your lips as you eagerly typed out this OP...The fact it's the labor and blood sweat and tears of numerous employees for 7 years means nothing to you...

The fact that a poor or great performance doesn't impact MS in anyway means nothing to you, your bias demands failure, the fact the game reviewed as well as it did likely eats you up inside...

You and your ilk are the very worst of gamers out there, blind devotion to your side regardless of thier actions and damn everyone else...

Not enough your favorite's succeed, others must fail to appease you...

DISGUSTING!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This is how you track sales:

Number of followers = number of users (everybody automatically follows that account)

Campaign still sits at less than 100.000 players:

Last edited:
I wanted to see the actual number of MGSV sales in Japan.

It's on the chart I showed you, Media Create

PS4Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain [All Versions]448.554Konami02/09/2015

You also need to consider how many variations of these games are in Japan while Zelda generally just has one version.

Last edited:
This is how you track sales:

Number of followers = number of users (everybody automatically follows that account)

Campaign still sits at less than 100.000 players:

That's lower than W101 WiiU.

That's physical sales only

No that's physical and Digital, Media Create moved to digital later on for in 2015, this is the final known tally for MGSV long after release when they added digital sales to their line-up. It was 402 when it was dead and barely selling some thousands a week at the bottom of the chart. so the 448k in total includes digital (and then there's the Xbox version which adds 3000)

policestationx policestationx , I get from your post history that you have a strong bias when it comes to platform of choice, but there is a difference between being a fanboy (preference for a particular IP, publisher or dev) and being a blind loyalist...

I can only picture the slimy smile that crept upon your lips as you eagerly typed out this OP...The fact it's the labor and blood sweat and tears of numerous employees for 7 years means nothing to you...

The fact that a poor or great performance doesn't impact MS in anyway means nothing to you, your bias demands failure, the fact the game reviewed as well as it did likely eats you up inside...

You and your ilk are the very worst of gamers out there, blind devotion to your side regardless of thier actions and damn everyone else...

Not enough your favorite's succeed, others must fail to appease you...

DISGUSTING!
I owned 0 XBOX hardware.

There's nothing wrong in reporting sales number of recently released game.

No that's physical and Digital, Media Create moved to digital later on for in 2015, this is the final known tally for MGSV long after release when they added digital sales to their line-up. It was 402 when it was dead and barely selling some thousands a week at the bottom of the chart. so the 448k in total includes digital (and then there's the Xbox version which adds 3000)
That's wrong MediaCreate has never included digital number.

Unless it was from Konami itself.

Can you please get off the sales and reviews scores. If you like something follow it, if it intrigues you go play it, very simple philosophy. If you need verification of what to buy or not buy something, i have some magic beans that will give you all the answers.

Increasing focus on digital =! Digital number

Don't be stupid, if you're going to twists post to make up narrative just say you lost an move on. The best course of action for you is to learn when the Media Create when to Digital itself, and by the time of the final numbers they had all the digital numbers for most games and that includes MGS 5, feel free to use the search box since it was pre 2017 period here when the final sales came out so there was no reset at the time, or just sit here and whine some more twisting posts.

Don't be stupid, if you're going to twists post to make up narrative just say you lost an move on. The best course of action for you is to learn when the Media Create when to Digital itself, and by the time of the final numbers they had all the digital numbers for most games and that includes MGS 5, feel free to use the search box since it was pre 2017 period here when the final sales came out so there was no reset at the time, or just sit here and whine some more twisting posts.
Narrative? Go take a look at MediaCreate silver book for yourself. They're reporting physical sales only!

Gamedatalibrary is using MediaCreate silver book physical sales data!

Vawn

Banned
I was comparing it to life of a black tiger on PS4 in term of sales tier! Is that even considered as console war?

miscellaneous-right_way-hole-digging-digs-shovels-atan1624_low.jpg

Enjay

Banned
Periods aren't your enemy.

Banned
I played Dreams today after a friend downloaded it on my Pro through his account... and after an hour of browsing the best/hottest/highest voted creations I have not encountered a single "game" worth playing for more than 30 seconds.
and as I understand it all the stuff people made during the months of preview is still online right?

the best one in there was a 3D Sonic game that had a single level finished and somewhat broken mechanics...

everything else so far is just either completely unplayable or a decent looking but awfully feeling copy of another popular game.

so there is literally nothing worth trying out yet, and I wonder if that will ever change.
the tools seem extremely tedious to use with a controller and anything that looks even remotely complex runs like absolute ass even in performance mode on PS4pro.

I really don't see this game getting traction.

Last edited:

devilNprada

Oh g
I played Dreams today after a friend downloaded it on my Pro through his account... and after an hour of browsing the best/hottest/highest voted creations I have not encountered a single "game" worth playing for more than 30 seconds.
and as I understand it all the stuff people made during the months of preview is still online right?

the best one in there was a 3D Sonic game that had a single level finished and somewhat broken mechanics...

everything else so far is just either completely unplayable or a decent looking but awfully feeling copy of another popular game.

so there is literally nothing worth trying out yet, and I wonder if that will ever change.
the tools seem extremely tedious to use with a controller and anything that looks even remotely complex runs like absolute ass even in performance mode on PS4pro.

So make us a great game with it.

That's true.

I don’t think it will be pretty. Most people that wanted it had it already, and with no marketing it will be a blip on an already really slow month.
Without any big AAA releases in February it should've no problem to be in the top 10 best selling games in that month but if it failed to enter the 10 ten chart it's definitely a flop.

Kagey K

Banned
Without any big AAA releases in February it should've no problem to be in the top 10 best selling games in that month but if it failed to enter the 10 ten chart it's definitely a flop.
It might enter the top 10, just because I can’t think of anything else that could, but consumer spending and video games as a whole are about to hit rock bottom lows in Feb NPD I think.

Top Bottom