• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

dreamstudio.ai beta just launched - A free AI image generator just as good as Dalle 2

Razorback

https://beta.dreamstudio.ai/dream

This thing is insane. I truly have no clue what this means for the future of art.

I just made these after messing around for a few minutes.

There's a bit of a learning curve on knowing what prompts give the best results.

dGoqooS.png

Prompt: Strange alien rock formations on a desert landscape, by Simon Stalenhag, retro futurism painting trending on artstation HQ crisp details vibrant colors.
LDTOPq4.png

Prompt: Beautiful modern digital art of an unnerving alien landscape with strange ossified rock formations in the style Giger. Moody atmosphere, artistic composition, trending on Artstation HQ 4k

Give it a try and share it here.

Razorback

Better than Midjourney AI?

I tweaked a bit with that one, seen some community results, and that thing is also utterly amazing.

From what I've read, this (Stable Diffusion) Midjourney and Dalle 2 all have strengths and weakness compared to each other. I haven't tried the others but at least the UI of this is super easy to use. I saw a tutorial on how to use Midjourney and despite really wanting to try it I knew this was coming so I decided to wait.

Chittagong

Gold Member
As a designer, I feel for the first time that we are witnessing a transformation of the entire design industry and creativity that compares to the impact of Photoshop and 3D in the mid-90s.

It resulted in an absolute explosion of visual expression as people could suddenly express their creative ideas in all new ways.

But this transformation is even more profound. It requires less technical skills and less practice, and more sheer creative thinking and taste. Cultivating your sense of style and creativity will be more important than learning a software package.

https://beta.dreamstudio.ai/dream

This thing is insane. I truly have no clue what this means for the future of art.

I just made these after messing around for a few minutes.

There's a bit of a learning curve on knowing what prompts give the best results.

dGoqooS.png

Prompt: Strange alien rock formations on a desert landscape, by Simon Stalenhag, retro futurism painting trending on artstation HQ crisp details vibrant colors.
LDTOPq4.png

Prompt: Beautiful modern digital art of an unnerving alien landscape with strange ossified rock formations in the style Giger. Moody atmosphere, artistic composition, trending on Artstation HQ 4k

Give it a try and share it here.
Does this require some kind of waitlist or subscription? I'm on the waitlist for Dalle 2 and am subscribed to Midjourney.

Pejo

Gold Member
I hope it lets me, a guy that can't even draw stick figures correctly, make my own memes. I have lots of good ideas, great even, but no artistic ability to see them come to life.

WITNESS ME GAF

*edit*

Oh, you have to sign up for it? No thanks.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Y4AZPGa.png

Kratos fighting a release date in the style Bisley
I'm afraid it has already gone full woke though
RRP9RE2.png

An unclothed warrior in the style of Bisley

Last edited:

Porcile

As a designer, I feel for the first time that we are witnessing a transformation of the entire design industry and creativity that compares to the impact of Photoshop and 3D in the mid-90s.

It resulted in an absolute explosion of visual expression as people could suddenly express their creative ideas in all new ways.

But this transformation is even more profound. It requires less technical skills and less practice, and more sheer creative thinking and taste. Cultivating your sense of style and creativity will be more important than learning a software package.

The issue is turning the images you generate from these things into a marketable product like a game, a movie, a book, a job etc. At the end of the day this is just another tool like digital cameras or drawing tablets.

Razorback

A good tip to improve quality is to be more specific about the style. If you're going for photorealism drop that term in the prompt. Mention how good the lighting is. That usually helps the algorithm narrow it down to only sample from the good stuff. Just mentioning Artstation.com seems to make a lot of difference since it goes for the style of art that's usually posted there, high quality stuff.

I'm imagining a future where humans use AI like wizards usa magic, casting spells with weird incantations.

GHG

Gold Member
Having had a play with this I'd say that while it's impressive in it's own right Dalle is still miles ahead of it.

Razorback

1Ei0Rqf.png

Master Chief in heroic pose, cinematic lighting, armor reflections, hyper realistic render, RTX, octane render, cgsociety, trending on Artstation HQ Unreal Engine.

The first image can genuinely pass as the official concept art if you were to tweak those cars slightly to make them look less distorted.
I find it funny how much the AI values that pose when you include Bloodborne, it's in almost every image it generate. Same for the TLoU, it almost always try to include some sort of Joel and Ellie like in the cover.

Generated some more:
The-Last-of-US-cinematic-lighting-armor-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render-cgsocie.png

The-Last-of-Us-cinematic-lighting-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render-2.png

The-Last-of-Us-cinematic-lighting-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render.png

The-Last-of-Us-Bloodborne-cinematic-lighting-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render-cg.png

Tom-Raider-Uncharted.png

Spider-man-2-Imnsoniac-reflections-realistic-render.png

Last edited:
I find it funny how much the AI values that pose when you include Bloodborne, it's in almost every image it generate. Same for the TLoU, it almost always try to include some sort of Joel and Ellie like in the cover.

Generated some more:
The-Last-of-US-cinematic-lighting-armor-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render-cgsocie.png

The-Last-of-Us-cinematic-lighting-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render-2.png

The-Last-of-Us-cinematic-lighting-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render.png

The-Last-of-Us-Bloodborne-cinematic-lighting-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render-cg.png

Tom-Raider-Uncharted.png

The-Last-of-Us-Bloodborne-cinematic-lighting-reflections-hyper-realistic-render-RTX-octane-render.png
Wow, this tool is perfect for me because I am not an artist, nor will I ever be, so these images can be a perfect wallpaper material, all I have to do is a little Photoshop work to stitch them together and fix minor things here and there.

Top Bottom