• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRESS LIKE J ALLARD

Willie Dynamite said:
Guess you guys haven't seen a clothing store on the inside for a couple of years. I agree it's a bit retarded, but it's nothing unusual.

"Fashion" these days is fucking retarded.

I guess if you want to look like you rolled out into the alley with a bottle in a paper bag in your hand, you'll be trendy nowadays...

jarosh

Error Macro said:
"Fashion" these days is fucking retarded.

I guess if you want to look like you rolled out into the alley with a bottle in a paper bag in your hand, you'll be trendy nowadays...
1. Fashion is not only about being "trendy". Clothes are fortunately not only about being "trendy".
2. Saying that fashion is "fucking retarded" "these days" is an ignorant and immature generalization.
3. Your "rolled into the alley" comment is equally stupid, because it's simply not true.

Adding "nowadays" and "these days" to your statements shows that you didn't put much thought into your post anyway.

jarosh said:
1. Fashion is not only about being "trendy". Clothes are fortunately not only about being "trendy".
2. Saying that fashion is "fucking retarded" "these days" is an ignorant and immature generalization.
3. Your "rolled into the alley" comment is equally stupid, because it's simply not true.

Adding "nowadays" and "these days" to your statements shows that you didn't put much thought into your post anyway.

We have a winner.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Lots of cranky fashionistas in this thread (which is why I love GAF!).

I'll bet you a dollar, Matlock, that Allard did not buy his blazer or hoodie or hoodieblazer at Hot Topic.

The biggest fashion offense Allard ever pulled were those god awful Xbox shoes. And Xbox fleece? GTFO.

Fashion is retarded. Clothes aren't.

If you make clothes to express yourself, that's fine. If you wear clothes to express yourself, that's fine. If you pick what you wear depending on what some computer buried beneath Paris says is hot right now, you're retarded.

Generalization? Yes. But at least I'm not retarded.

buckfutter said:

If you make clothes to express yourself, that's fine. If you wear clothes to express yourself, that's fine. If you pick what you wear depending on what some computer buried beneath Paris says is hot right now, you're retarded.

They have computers in the catacombs these days? le futur est maintenant.

Chittagong

Gold Member
YeOldSage said:
You payed 70 EURO to look like this:
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2005/0603/kaigai185_01.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

yeah, when you could have payed 0 EURO and looked like straight out of a LAN party!

devroadshow_day3_geeks_at_design_patterns.sized.jpg

jarosh

buckfutter said:

I agree with everything you said. Personally I wouldn't say that fashion only includes what other people say is trendy or "in", but you're right about the comparison between fashion and clothes.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Geek said:
I'll bet you a dollar, Matlock, that Allard did not buy his blazer or hoodie or hoodieblazer at Hot Topic.

If you wanna see an industry exec who really DID shop at Hot Topic, look no further:

1upwear.jpg

Accept no imitations.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Chittagong said:
Allard's clothing and look is cool, pretty standard Stockholm - San Francisco night club look. It's not over the top, and unless he would have been seen posing with the Xbox sneakers, I think few would pay attention.
Hoodie and blazer in a nightclub? Geez I'd be melting.

Anyways, I'm losing hair by the bucketload, so once all on top is gone, I'll be shaved.

Flynn

Defend fashion all you want, but the fact remains: dude got a makeover -- it's a very 2003 thing to do.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Prine said:
J Allard is great. MS got it right when they hired him
Considering he started their shift to focus on the internet in I believe 1994. Yeah, they got it right in many many ways.

jarosh said:

You are really a stupid idiot.

Your faux-analysis of my post is excruciatingly obnoxious. I'm glad you are so offended by what I have to say that you would take the time to respond in such lavish detail.

Yes, clothes are not only about being fashionable. However, I'd love to see you defend J. Allard's obviously calculated bum look because it is somehow functional. Like, what if you need to go to a business meeting but right afterwards have to bust out the skateboard on some handrails? No problem, we'll just throw on a blazer over a sweatshirt! Add to that some faded pants that look like they've been smothered in gutter water to disguise the urine stains, and we have ourselves a hot look!

I say "rolled into the alley," because when you wear a frumpy blazer or some semblance of a sport coat, over a faded hooded sweatshirt, you do indeed look like a vagrant on skid row.

Your critique of my post is so vapid, it is almost beyond criticism. Thanks for pointing out that I used the words "nowadays" and "these days" in my initial post, because they totally invalidate any point I was making.

Grug

Error Macro said:
You are really a stupid idiot.

Your faux-analysis of my post is excruciatingly obnoxious. I'm glad you are so offended by what I have to say that you would take the time to respond in such lavish detail.

Yes, clothes are not only about being fashionable. However, I'd love to see you defend J. Allard's obviously calculated bum look because it is somehow functional. Like, what if you need to go to a business meeting but right afterwards have to bust out the skateboard on some handrails? No problem, we'll just throw on a blazer over a sweatshirt! Add to that some faded pants that look like they've been smothered in gutter water to disguise the urine stains, and we have ourselves a hot look!

I say "rolled into the alley," because when you wear a frumpy blazer or some semblance of a sport coat, over a faded hooded sweatshirt, you do indeed look like a vagrant on skid row.

Your critique of my post is so vapid, it is almost beyond criticism. Thanks for pointing out that I used the words "nowadays" and "these days" in my initial post, because they totally invalidate any point I was making.

Burned!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Don't forget sitting on the floor. Its all part of the move to get x360 established as cool and hip *rolleyes*
patrnising marketing scheme ftw!

For the X720 launch, he'll get a make-over courtesy International Male. I recommend the Velvet Tux for E3 2010

I936Uzz.jpg

But knowing MS, they'll probably sent him out in nothing but a banana hammock.

ps - allard is a corporate tool.

Hyoushi

Guy LeDouche said:
For the X720 launch, he'll get a make-over courtesy International Male. I recommend the Velvet Tux for E3 2010

I936Uzz.jpg

But knowing MS, they'll probably sent him out in nothing but a banana hammock.

ps - allard is a corporate tool.
mhg21d.jpg

Hyoushi said:
um, that's not me, if that's what you mean. It's some Jersey douchebag who was posting stupid pics of himself on a MMA website. The link got passed around a week ago, lots of photoshops and hilarity insued. Somebody make an avatar sized version of one of his pics, so I changed mine for the hell of it.

Allard is still a tool.

qirex

Chittagong said:
Allard's clothing and look is cool, pretty standard Stockholm - San Francisco night club look. It's not over the top, and unless he would have been seen posing with the Xbox sneakers, I think few would pay attention..
I live in San Francisco and our douchey hipsters don't dress like that. Urban Outfitters is for 14-year-olds.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Chittagong said:
I think many gamers criticising him secretly hope they could also drop weight and have somebody to choose cool clothing to them.
:lol I wouldn't mind that! While my style isn't poor I'm not the modern day fashionista many people are these days.

Hyoushi

Guy LeDouche said:
um, that's not me, if that's what you mean. It's some Jersey douchebag who was posting stupid pics of himself on a MMA website. The link got passed around a week ago, lots of photoshops and hilarity insued. Somebody make an avatar sized version of one of his pics, so I changed mine for the hell of it.

Allard is still a tool.
Oh I know it's not you, i just thought of it as a better fashion tip :D

9_23.jpg

"I not amused by the bald, flaming, nightclub owner-looking whiteman. Weaksauce!"

bw02930.jpg

"Pa'ty with Big K. I show you heaven! TRUE Emotion Engine"

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Cool because it really matters how you look.

Oh...wait, no, no it doesn't really in the grand scheme of things. Only to morons on a day-to-day basis.

Kobold said:
Cool because it really matters how you look.

Oh...wait, no, no it doesn't really in the grand scheme of things. Only to morons on a day-to-day basis.

^ only ugly people say these things. Physically ugly, that is. Hobo-like, most likely. You might be a beautiful, beautiful tulip on the inside. A snowflake of love and snuggles... but you are an ugly beast to say such a thing.

Looks do matter- for job interviews, for romantic nights out on the town, for family pictures, in-case you get caught on tape getting your head stuck in an elephant's ass. Looks do matter, my good sir.

unfortunately not... but when I see that video that always shows on the 'Shocking Videos' programs, all I can think about is "If only that guy had on some GAP or perhaps a nice suit."

tragic.

Westonian

Grifter said:
Looks don't matter - ugly people
Fashion doesn't matter - stupid/naive people

Seriously, wearing nice looking clothes doesn't make you a shallow prick, it helps you succeed in the real world. You can cry all you want about not judging a book by its cover, but the fact is people do judge, and if you want to get anywhere in the real world, it doesn't hurt to "fit in." Having a nice wardrobe isn't conforming, it's being smart.

If I'm deciding between two hirees, one wearing a shirt and tie, the other dressed like he's just come from a drug binge, I'm hiring the shirt and tie guy.

I entered this thread thinking it was a dare or something, but now I see the true intentions of the thread, you want to assist us in making ourselves look too cool for school, nice.

I would totally wear that shit around the streets of los angeles, but I will also file a missing persons report for myself before going outside, so win win for me. :)

Flynn

Westonian said:
Seriously, wearing nice looking clothes doesn't make you a shallow prick, it helps you succeed in the real world. You can cry all you want about not judging a book by its cover, but the fact is people do judge, and if you want to get anywhere in the real world, it doesn't hurt to "fit in." Having a nice wardrobe isn't conforming, it's being smart.

If I'm deciding between two hirees, one wearing a shirt and tie, the other dressed like he's just come from a drug binge, I'm hiring the shirt and tie guy.

You prefer white collar criminals, then?

Why is XL sold out?! :lol
Huh?! Why GAF?! *looks at all the GAF'ers with Black Hoodie Blazers*
Huh!?!

I need a large, not because I am fat but because I like to wear oversized clothing, it makes me look like Dave Chappelle.

R.E.M., U2, Kevin Spacey?

Allard is emo like Moby:

moby6bw.jpg
=
kaigai05.jpg

Not enough Ken K. pics in this thread. Where are the ones of him modeling his pimp suit at some event he was at?

Top Bottom