• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRESS LIKE J ALLARD

Raistlin

Nightmarecast25 said:
Why is XL sold out?! :lol
Huh?! Why GAF?! *looks at all the GAF'ers with Black Hoodie Blazers*
Huh!?!

I need a large, not because I am fat but because I like to wear oversized clothing, it makes me look like Dave Chappelle.

Large ... not because your fat?

How the hell can large be oversized on you? Are you 4'8" or just emaciated?

Senretsu

It's not a bad hoodie. For $45 I'd get it. Pesonally the best dressed person in the game industry has to be Kojima with the badass turtle necks he wears every single day. (I'm kidding)

Onix said:
Large ... not because your fat?

How the hell can large be oversized on you? Are you 4'8" or just emaciated?
Well it depends on the large, sometimes large is just right and others it's too big, so I dunno, I am 5'8' and 170 pounds.

Westonian said:
Seriously, wearing nice looking clothes doesn't make you a shallow prick, it helps you succeed in the real world. You can cry all you want about not judging a book by its cover, but the fact is people do judge, and if you want to get anywhere in the real world, it doesn't hurt to "fit in." Having a nice wardrobe isn't conforming, it's being smart.

If I'm deciding between two hirees, one wearing a shirt and tie, the other dressed like he's just come from a drug binge, I'm hiring the shirt and tie guy.

How about hiring the one who could do the job better? You know, "smarts" for the "real world" and ethics aren't always cooperative. Just because people do judge people on how they look doesn't mean that we should all just pander to such small minded bullshit.

Somehow I don't believe you when you infer that you aren't a shallow prick.

Jeff-DSA

buckfutter said:
How about hiring the one who could do the job better? You know, "smarts" for the "real world" and ethics aren't always cooperative. Just because people do judge people on how they look doesn't mean that we should all just pander to such small minded bullshit.

Somehow I don't believe you when you infer that you aren't a shallow prick.

It's amazing how you could miss what he's talking about that bad. He's implying that they have similar resumes except that one dresses like a slob. If you can't manage to put nice clothes on to go to a job interview (where it is expected), what does that say about how organized you are likely to be on the job?

I think there is a DS vs. PSP sales thread on the first page...go misinterpret some posts there.

Last Hope

What "hip" and cool with all the kids clothing will he wear at this year's E3?

Bet it is something ridiculous looking like he wore last year.

I didn't misinterpret anything. I was, however, being glib. If he's going to oversimplify something so grossly, then I don't see why my response should be any more complicated than it needs to be. It was a moral statement, not "ONMG I BROKE UOUR LOGIC".

In addition, there's a vast difference between following fashion, or "looking good", and looking professional.

Jeff-DSA

buckfutter said:
I didn't misinterpret anything. I was, however, being glib. If he's going to oversimplify something so grossly, then I don't see why my response should be any more complicated than it needs to be. It was a moral statement, not "ONMG I BROKE UOUR LOGIC".

In addition, there's a vast difference between following fashion, or "looking good", and looking professional.

I refuse to debate fashion because it's such a stupid thing to waste any sort of energy or effort on. However, it's pretty simple to know what looks nice when walking into a job interview. Leave your emo makeup and ripped pants at home.

Jeff-DSA said:
I refuse to debate fashion because it's such a stupid thing to waste any sort of energy or effort on. However, it's pretty simple to know what looks nice when walking into a job interview. Leave your emo makeup and ripped pants at home.

Translation: I was wrong, so now I'm quickly exiting. Here's a parting shot to illustrate how badly I misinterpreted your original post.

For your information, assuming you seek to shove me into the emo camp, I've never followed any trend. I've never even used hair gel. That was kind of my position in the first place. I can guess with fair certainty that that other guy has worn more cosmetic products than I've ever paid attention to an ad for. All for job interviews, I suppose? Because that was what his post and my posts and this whole thread was about, right? Job interviews?

But I bet he sure looks pretty for his boss.

dorio

Banned
Andy787 said:
Hahaha.

I still can't believe this guy:

kaigai05.jpg

Is the same person as this guy:

j_allard_old.jpg

And the first one is the older version! :p
Really though. There's hope for me.

Westonian

buckfutter said:
Translation: I was wrong, so now I'm quickly exiting. Here's a parting shot to illustrate how badly I misinterpreted your original post.

For your information, assuming you seek to shove me into the emo camp, I've never followed any trend. I've never even used hair gel. That was kind of my position in the first place. I can guess with fair certainty that that other guy has worn more cosmetic products than I've ever paid attention to an ad for. All for job interviews, I suppose? Because that was what his post and my posts and this whole thread was about, right? Job interviews?

But I bet he sure looks pretty for his boss.

It's called reality. The fact that prejudices exist doesn't mean I endorse them. You can try and rationalize it all you want, but the reality is we can't all be rock stars. The cold cruel world demands a level of conformity. If girls want to dress like sluts in rap videos and guys want to tattoo their bodies and wear dirty clothes, more power to them. Unfortunately the odds are stacked against them to succeed in life. Especially if they have an attitude about it. There is no shame in compromising something as pointless as what you wear. Clothes aren't your personality or your character, they're merely a tool that can convince people to take you seriously. Or not.

You can patronize me all you want, but the truth of the matter is undeniable. I don't spend money on cosmetic products. I don't drop hundreds of dollars on designer labels. I'm simply aware of how the real world works.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
sorry but J Allard just seems to try too hard.. i bet hes making up for the lack of props and ass he had for the better part of his life.. and i think whats even worse than that hoodie is that played earring..especially with that shiny dome of his..

hes a toolbag

Top Bottom