• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIV3R - 2.5 million shipped

BuddyC

http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/7003/

In a press release issued today, Atari announced they have shipped 2.5 million units of DRIV3R worldwide. Consumer demand for the the title, which just recently hit store shelves, has been reported as "extremely strong."

"Our worldwide shipment is right in line with our plan for DRIV3R," stated Bruno Bonnell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Atari. "The global Driver fan base is as robust and passionate as ever, as indicated by retail reaction in the U.S., the U.K., Germany, France, and other key territories."

"With just three days of sales, DRIV3R is certain to be one of our top three sellers for the month of June. We had high expectations for the title and it is meeting them." said Debbie Mola, Divisional Vice President of Merchandising of Electronics Boutique Holdings Corp.

Sounds like they're trying to use the same strategy as the music industry: tell the public that it's popular (regardless of actual popularity) and hope they'll buy it so they don't miss out on the next big thing.

I hope gamers stay away and Atari and retailers take a bath on this.

BuddyC

Wario64 said:

Page 2? I expect every laughable DRIV3R story to have it's own thread!

rolleyesbarf2.gif

Mustang

Banned
Driv3r 3 and Atari bashing sure has been at a fever pitch the last couple of days.

Must be slow in the game world right now. :/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BuddyChrist83 said:
Page 2? I expect every laughable DRIV3R story to have it's own thread!

rolleyesbarf2.gif

To be fair, it did have its own thread but the mods think it's a good idea to keep all Driv3r threads in one place

rolleyesbarf.gif

BuddyC

Wario64 said:
To be fair, it did have its own thread but the mods think it's a good idea to keep all Driv3r threads in one place

rolleyesbarf.gif

Oh, okay then. Sorry.

By the way, mine's better. More rolleyes.

rolleyesbarf2.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mine is bigger and uses an authentic rolleyes smilie, unlike your cheap ripoff version made in Mspaint

rolleyesbarf.gif

Kudie

Looks like Atari may have another Enter the Matrix on their hands, which is good from their standpoint.

----

Banned
I'm sorry no way. Enter the Matrix was way better than this game. There's bad and then there's really bad. Driver 3 is really really bad.

Top Bottom