• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub DLC broken?

I've seen a couple people reporting this but have not seen a fix or response from evolution posted. Basically, I dl'd the DLC from the store but when I try to play the new tour all the cars are locked and telling me I need to purchase them. When I go tot the store through Driveclub it says I've already purchased them. I can't even find the download file to try and uninstall and redownload. Anyone know a fix?

chadskin

Tried this, did not work for me. Did you do anything else?

Well, I first deleted the game (game content + my profile/save), re-downloaded the game in rest mode (digital version) and the next day, I downloaded the save from the cloud, started the game and the DLCs still weren't available. Then someone here told me to reboot the console and that did the trick for me.

In case you bought DC digitally as well, maybe give deleting everything from DC from your HDD and redownloading the game a try. There's not much else I can think of.

Did you "buy" the DLC for the same region your game is from, i.e. EU game / DLC from the EU PSN store?

Well, I first deleted the game (game content + my profile/save), re-downloaded the game in rest mode (digital version) and the next day, I downloaded the save from the cloud, started the game and the DLCs still weren't available. Then someone here told me to reboot the console and that did the trick for me.

In case you bought DC digitally as well, maybe give deleting everything from DC from your HDD and redownloading the game a try. There's not much else I can think of.

Did you "buy" the DLC for the same region your game is from, i.e. EU game / DLC from the EU PSN store?

alright i deleted the game. does that mean all my progress is lost?

chadskin

alright i deleted the game. does that mean all my progress is lost?

Go to the PS4 settings -> System Storage Management -> Applications and Applications Saved Data to check for the Driveclub data on the HDD.

02-PS4-Storage-Management.jpg

I guess you deleted the game from the main menu? Then your profile/save should be viewable there under Application Saved Data and you can back it up, either on a USB drive or the cloud.

Go to the PS4 settings -> System Storage Management -> Applications and Applications Saved Data to check for the Driveclub data on the HDD.

02-PS4-Storage-Management.jpg

I guess you deleted the game from the main menu? Then your profile/save should be viewable there under Application Saved Data and you can back it up, either on a USB drive or the cloud.

thank god it's still there :)

hope this works. they really can't get it together with this game it seems

Vroadstar

Btw, I think the thread title is a bit misleading and needs some correction, because it's written like the DLC is broken for MOST people but it's not really the case

Btw, I think the thread title is a bit misleading and needs some correction, because it's written like the DLC is broken for MOST people but it's not really the case

Dude I've seen many people seem to be having this issue. If you dl the dlc in the ps store and not through driveclub it seems to happen. THis oversight is not acceptable and if it causes the DLC to not work, it's broken in a way.

Yeah all the Ignition/Photo Finish stuff has been working fine for me. I wonder, can people start here start posting info so we can narrow it down:

1. Is the free DLC content available in the game for you?
2. How long have you had the game?
3. What region are you in?
4. Digital or disc version?

I'll start:

1. Yes, I can use all the cars from the DLC pack.
2. Since launch
3. NA (Canada)
4. Digital

Dude I've seen many people seem to be having this issue. If you dl the dlc in the ps store and not through driveclub it seems to happen. THis oversight is not acceptable and if it causes the DLC to not work, it's broken in a way.

I indeed purchased it through the PS Store and it works fine for me.

Its more of a PS4 issue with registering content. Has been an issue across many games for a good while. There is a thread about it somewhere.

Yeah all the Ignition/Photo Finish stuff has been working fine for me. I wonder, can people start here start posting info so we can narrow it down:

I'll start:

1. Yes, I can use all the cars from the DLC pack.
2. Since launch
3. NA (Canada)
4. Digital

1. Yes, but i can't use ignition pack
2. launch
3. NA (US)
4. Digital

Completely turning the PS4 off (not going into rest mode) should rebuild the library database for the PS4 too, that could be what the issue is.

Nah I grabbed it and all the other DLC through the store rather than the game.

1. Yes
2. Since launch
3. Australia
4. Disc

Jrags87

Neo Member
I can confirm this issue on my end as well ... currently in the process of re-installing Driveclub to see if that has any effect.

I installed the DLC through the game before. I'll try going through the store this time.

Its more of a PS4 issue with registering content. Has been an issue across many games for a good while. There is a thread about it somewhere.

I was going to mention this, I've seen some really weird issues with people accessing content from the store, DLC or otherwise. Lots of it seems to be to due with not having their system activated as primary but there's been other causes as well I think.

I also wonder if this has something to due with the latest patch.

I "purchased" and downloaded the DLC prior to the weather patch being installed.

For the people having trouble - how about you?

Famassu

A few people seem to have this problem in the OT, but I think most have found a fix for it after they brought it up in the thread and were helped by Rushy from Evolution or they tried the tricks other people have tried which has made the DLC work.

1) For some a reboot of the game or PS4 helped (somehow it didn't register in game that the DLC was installed until a reboot)

2) are the game and DLC from the same PS Store? if not, there might be a problem and you need to try to download the DLC from the same region's store

3) is your user account from the same region as the game and/or DLC? if, say, your game is from the US Store but you use an European account to play the game, make sure both accounts (the one you bought the game with & the one you use to play the game) have your PS4 set as their Primary consoles. Or make sure that your PS4 is the primary console no matter if the DLC & game are from the same store.

4) if none of these work, then you might have to re-download the game & DLCs. Try to download the DLC differently from how you did before. So if you previously downloaded it from the PS Store, perhaps now try to do it through the game.

I also wonder if this has something to due with the latest patch.

I "purchased" and downloaded the DLC prior to the weather patch being installed.

For the people having trouble - how about you?

I grabbed the DLC before the patch since I did it on the store rather than ingame waiting for the patch to download and install, I can access the DLC in game.

Just for the record, the Ignition and Photo Finish packs came out last month, not two days ago. I know that probably doesn't help you, just clarifying. The only thing that came out yesterday was the weather patch.

Vroadstar

Nope Dude, I downloaded the DLC thru the ps store as well and no issues on my END just like MOST of us here. So I believe the thread title is misleading

To answer the question

1. Yes I can use all cars and new tours
2. 2 days before launch
3. Region3
4. Disc

Go to your drive club and go to my add ons, if you don't see your add on dlc, that means you didn't download it. If you do see it, it will have faded dotted arrow on it. You can download or install from right there.

Go to your drive club and go to my add ons, if you don't see your add on dlc, that means you didn't download it. If you do see it, it will have faded dotted arrow on it. You can download or install from right there.

I think the issue these people are facing is that the content is in their library and shows as downloaded/installed, but they are simply locked out of using it when they boot up the game.

Nope Dude, I downloaded the DLC thru the ps store as well and no issues on my END just like MOST of us here. So I believe the thread title is misleading

To answer the question

1. Yes I can use all cars and new tours
2. 2 days before launch
3. Region3
4. Disc

Two other people in this thread alone have had issues. something is wrong. Don't really see while you are trying to defend this

how is this game only 3GB?

2) are the game and DLC from the same PS Store? if not, there might be a problem and you need to try to download the DLC from the same region's store

3) is your user account from the same region as the game and/or DLC? if, say, your game is from the US Store but you use an European account to play the game, make sure both accounts (the one you bought the game with & the one you use to play the game) have your PS4 set as their Primary consoles. Or make sure that your PS4 is the primary console no matter if the DLC & game are from the same store.

Good point on these 2, hadn't thought of that. This created issues on PS3 sometimes since different regions had different versions of the DLC due to warnings/licence/localisation/etc.

Two other people in this thread alone have had issues. something is wrong. Don't really see while you are trying to defend this

We aren't saying there's not something wrong, there's just not really sufficient evidence yet that this is a problem for a large number of people.

This DLC has been out since last month and this is the first I've seen people talk about it.

And the game is most certainly not 3 GB - I believe it's around 17-20. That could be part of the issue?

Jrags87

Neo Member
I have re-installed Driveclub and the problem still persists...

My PS4 is primary, all DLC shows as purchased in the store.

Don't know what's going on here...

I've had this issue with multiple dlc on PS4 for different games. Apparently some people get this issue and you just have to wait for it to get fixed if power cycling/restoring licenses doesn't work.

I downloaded the DLC from the PS store and it all shows up when I boot the game.

Vroadstar

Dude I'm not trying to defend anything and I'm not saying it's not broken ON YOUR END
because I believe it probably is since I experienced issues with DC downloading patch 1.07 (the photomode patch) myself.

Take a chill pill man and I do hope that you get own issues sorted out.

The most logical thing for people in here having issues would be to simply contact Playstation support. Yeah dealing with support sucks but it's probably going to get you more success than random speculation in this thread.

If any of you get a solution please report back, I'm curious to know what the cause is.

Top Bottom