• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub DLC broken?

le-seb

And the game is most certainly not 3 GB - I believe it's around 17-20. That could be part of the issue?
Nope, 3GB is the initial download size required to start playing the game (PlayGo system, folks).

Hmm, I've faced this problem and was able to solve it by reinstalling the game (because other things didn't work).
Sorry to see it's not always working.

Thinking of it, I wonder if I haven't read someone on GAF saying (s)he had to boot his(her) console in maintenance mode and rebuild the database to get the problem solved.

IKizzLE

erm yeah i had this prob but solved it before sony emailed me with solutions that i didnt need:

Same issues here last night - so what i did was deleted game and re-downloaded but issues still appeared, then i went into the psn store through the console and saw liveries and other items that such as cars that were available to purchase and download right away [i purchased ignition expansion pack via browser before hence these issues] and any other stuff that you can get your hands on.

After that i still had issue, then i deleted my saves [backed them up first] and rebooted system, started a new save and finally able to enter the new tours.

I copied back my save and it was fine. What a nightmare, but hey it worked in the end.

Try the above before re-downloading the whole game [digital users], just get the dlc the liveries and cars etc, reboot and try it, if fails, try all of the above.

good luck!

Did all that. Still doesn't work.

Sooo...I've done everything outside of running an initialization. Is this worth a shot? I'd really prefer not having to reinstall everything if this is an unproven solution.

Yes, just suggested restoring licenses and rebuilding database

If I were you I'd call them back and tell them it didn't work. I'd tell them to stay on the line as you try their suggestions.

If you don't feel they are helping you ask for a supervisor.

Don't take any shit from anybody. Take charge and demand it get fixed or you get compensated in some way.

You've tried the forum route but obviously we aren't tech support and can only do so much. It's in Sony's hands now.

Just my opinion.

My brother brought his PS4 over and wanted to try DC, so I let him borrow mine. He's having the same issue with the Ignition DLC cars as well. Really strange...

I'm experiencing this issue too. en-ca digital pre-order $49.99 PS+ version. I can access the Ignition tour, but the Ignition cars direct me to the store where they are already purchased.

I've cold-booted, restored licenses, deleted and re-downloaded, signed-out and back in to PSN, deactivated and reactivated as the primary ps4, rebuilt database from safe mode. None of this worked.

When I select the game in the whatever they call xmb and then press down on the d-pad, below "Start" and "Like" is a buy button. When I go to the PSN web store, I see this:
3BMD1kz.png

When I click on the Ignition Pack, it takes me to the page for it and it shows Free and "Download to your PS4"
9YHSQt7.png

When I click download to PS4, my mouse cursor turns into the spinny ball (hourglass) and instead of taking me to the download queue, nothing happens.

Thinking of it, I wonder if I haven't read someone on GAF saying (s)he had to boot his(her) console in maintenance mode and rebuild the database to get the problem solved.

I did that, no dice.

Also get the same problem as someone else has with the web store: click download to ps4 and get the infinite wait. Is there even a download for ignition pack? I never saw one happen. Perhaps it is just a key.

IKizzLE

I'm experiencing this issue too. en-ca digital pre-order $49.99 PS+ version. I can access the Ignition tour, but the Ignition cars direct me to the store where they are already purchased.

I've cold-booted, restored licenses, deleted and re-downloaded, signed-out and back in to PSN, deactivated and reactivated as the primary ps4, rebuilt database from safe mode. None of this worked.

When I select the game in the whatever they call xmb and then press down on the d-pad, below "Start" and "Like" is a buy button. When I go to the PSN web store, I see this:
3BMD1kz.png

When I click on the Ignition Pack, it takes me to the page for it and it shows Free and "Download to your PS4"
9YHSQt7.png

When I click download to PS4, my mouse cursor turns into the spinny ball (hourglass) and instead of taking me to the download queue, nothing happens.

100% identical situation for me as well.

Add another having this issue. I have a disc verion of the game. Can't seem to download some of the dlc and I can't purchase one of the IIgnition packs. I get an error.

Just says "Purchased" for me with no option to re-download.

exactly
and if you go to your ps4 -> library -> Driveclub -> addons, you can see the items all in a list, with download icons next to them, that you cannot click, because the console thinks they are already there.

and if you go to the web store, there maybe a button to "add to ps4 download queue" but it just hangs after you click on it.

I faced issues with the PS4 telling me something was installed when it in fact was not. With Fifa 15 I had to leave it in rest mode overnight before I could access the full game.

So before doing anything drastic like wiping your data, leave it in rest mode for a full night and check back the next day. Can't hurt.

I faced issues with the PS4 telling me something was installed when it in fact was not. With Fifa 15 I had to leave it in rest mode overnight before I could access the full game.

So before doing anything drastic like wiping your data, leave it in rest mode for a full night and check back the next day. Can't hurt.

Ha, I'll try it tonight

That was probably just the play as you download feature. You can launch some games with limited functionality once the initial download is complete, while it downloads the rest in the background.

I agree about not doing anything drastic. Sony and/or Evo will figure it out eventually.

Dude I've seen many people seem to be having this issue. If you dl the dlc in the ps store and not through driveclub it seems to happen. THis oversight is not acceptable and if it causes the DLC to not work, it's broken in a way.

I downloaded through the game and got the error as well.

Antti

I'm European, and I had bought the game using my alt US account. The DLC works now that I redeemed it from the store with my US account (aka the account I bought the game with).

had or have?
Have, still can't access tge dlc. Bought it from inside the game, not from psn.

Well, I bought one free car dlc from psn store, then get the rest from inside the game.

Btw, I bought the driveclub digitally, but when I search driveclub on psn store now, there are 2 driveclub. One is driveclub tm, and the other pne just driveclub. Even though I already bought driveclub, the game still allow me to buy another one. The one with ps+ offer for $50. Is that normal? The other driveclub listing only said I can't purchase it.

Has there been any official comment from DC on this? I see them responding to a few people on twitter, but they are just throwing out troubleshooting suggestions that are not working for most.

mackattk

I am having this problem as well. I got my PS4 last week, the game yesterday. I have the ignition pack, but none of the DLC cars. The PS4 says that I have them downloaded; and I have tried just about every fix that has been suggested in this thread without success.

Dude I've seen many people seem to be having this issue. If you dl the dlc in the ps store and not through driveclub it seems to happen. THis oversight is not acceptable and if it causes the DLC to not work, it's broken in a way.
That's not why it happens. My theory is if you download the cars first (through the garage for example), you will have a better chance of it working as the cars are the ones that get locked out.

NewDust

Seeing as someone in the Driveclub OT responded that Rushy's solutinon of setiing PS4 as primary, rebooting and restoring licenses did not work for them... Maybe I have another solution. TBH I have no issues with the DLC and have no means to test this, but you might give it a try.

As the current DLC is free you might want to try this. Create a new PSN account, set PS4 as primary. Download the DLC again under that account. Like Rushy said, problems seem to be store side and DLC usually works across account. Again no garantees, but hope this will work out for some of you.

IKizzLE

Seeing as someone in the Driveclub OT responded that Rushy's solutinon of setiing PS4 as primary, rebooting and restoring licenses did not work for them... Maybe I have another solution. TBH I have no issues with the DLC and have no means to test this, but you might give it a try.

As the current DLC is free you might want to try this. Create a new PSN account, set PS4 as primary. Download the DLC again under that account. Like Rushy said, problems seem to be store side and DLC usually works across account. Again no garantees, but hope this will work out for some of you.

Hmmm, this is a good idea.
I'm gonna try this when i get home.

thectzn

Neo Member
Possibly fixed now... via DriveClub Twitter:

@DRIVECLUB 9 minutes ago

If you had issues d/ling & playing the free IGNITION Expansion, please try again (go to IGNITION Tour in the game, select event, d/l cars)

Top Bottom