• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub (Evolution Studios/PS4) announcement trailer. [PS3 WHEELS ARE SUPPORTED]

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This looked incredibly good, both cars and environments. There's also sense of lighting integration in here that's great and evocative and really even beyond anything I've seen from latest PC efforts like Cars, which not only look less photoreal but also more sterile.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Visually I thought this was really impressive (dat detail) but the actual showing was a bit meh. It definitely got overshadowed by Killzone and inFamous in the first party spotlight.

Way more Bizarre than I thought it would be.

Asynchronous racing with cars clubs is my dream racing game. Very, very stoked about what they showed.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wait, a PGR/ Test Drive like game made by the Evolution guys with some previous Liverpool guys?

Count me the fuck in. Launch title? Fucking yes.

You could tell this was made by people that love cars, dat detail!

I hope it's not exclusively first person. Did anyone else notice Lucid in the 3rd parties montage? Could they be working on this too rather than the Microsoft racer?

Some links to the images we've released. Just logos right now, but I'll post new stuff as its officially released:

318119_424767604274272_1616758752_n.jpg

551559_424604377623928_1559074742_n.jpg

Driveclub Facebook

@DriveclubGame #Driveclub

Logitech G27 support?

Anteo

The whole idea of the game is amazing, but they will need an active comunity to pull it off. This game is on my radar now.

Dibbz

I'm excited for it, but a big part of enjoyment for me, will come from how the cars handle. Evo Studios can certainly do arcade and fun driving as shown by Motorstorm but how they will translate over to real cars should be interesting.

I do really dig the whole first person stuff, would be cool if you could walk around and chat then get in your car, pull up to the track and race. Would add a nice layer of immersion.

AngryMoth

Looks great but I thought it felt really wierd when they were geeking out about the detail they've gone too modelling the cars with the spectre of Gran Turismo looming large

Spat_triate

I usually could give a rat's ass about racing games, but this got my heart pounding. It looks excellent! Might even be the first driving game I ever buy.

Ploid 3.0

Before the guy hopped on the car I thought that the head movement was very realistic, obviously it went static once inside but I hope that they change this.

Head tracking will most likely be a feature since every PS4 will have a PSeye. PSeyes*

Zaventem

Look good but i dunno i expected more after looking Autovista cars in forza.Maybe it's me just being more hyped for GT6.

If that tweet about this game might make it for launch is true, then it will be the first PS4 game ill buy Day 1

And yes, G27 support please :(

Stasis

Looks great, and I'll definitely want a gorgeous racer to be part of my day-one package if I go that route, but I'll need to know I'm not forced into this online group stuff. I'd try it out, but I generally just like racing solo.

the cars looked amazing, but fuck in car view. the first car he got into only had about one fifth of the screen showing the road. in car view makes no sense like that. pair it with something like the Oculus and we can talk. that camera looked utterly horrible.

matmanx1

I'm excited about this one. The idea of team racing in a game that is gorgeous and highly detailed is something that's right up my alley. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

Himself

My response in another thread where someone said DriveClub looked awesome: As a follow-up to MotorStorm? I think not. Tweets and Instant messages arent enough to make a fundamentally dull looking game seem fun. We have enough damn street racing games, i was looking forward to some variety in the genre. WaveStorm. Something cool.

Cant believe Evolution and Media Molecule let me down.

DBT85

My question is if they are going so balls to the wall with the models, are they not collaborating with Polyphony?

Why model the same cars twice in such mental detail.

Looking forward to it regardless.

I love the concept and the passion.

The on-stage demo was strange though. Each time I thought the trailer was about to push the pedal to the floor, it "froze" to show-off a social element.

It's a racing game. Show cars tearing up the track and going fast. Please.

They basically showed forzaH2/PGR5 for the ps4. Its like all those homogenised car games and the natural progression there.. except evolution showed first and beat them to the punch.

I expect to spend hours with this baby

BadAss2961

While the concept sounds interesting and the graphics incredible, I thought this stepped on the toes of GT a bit.

I would've preferred to see how a MotorStorm would look on PS4. The series hasn't sold so well lately, but I think it would do great again as the launch window racer for the system.

orioto

Good Art™
It's a shame we cannot really see how the background looks.. I'm expecting a crazy leap for thos kind of games where the background was full of crap this gen. This will make a difference.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Makes me tingly inside. I know so many people who will refuse to play this though because there is no behind the car view.

Top Bottom