• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunnel lighting has already been updated to look even better, you'll hopefully notice the improvements in a future game update ;)

is_such_a_thing_even_possible-9397.gif

fernoca

NA-Digital won't get the preorder cars? No biggie, already have the game and season pass waiting...but would've been nice.

ThatZedWord

Neo Member
Really looking forward to playing Driveclub, just disappointed that our only wheel options in the US are the non-FFB T80 and the legacy T500RS with no guarantee of future game support. Thrustmaster has pushed back the release of the T300RS in the US to 'sometime in October' from August and then 'the end of September.' Really looking to buy a new wheel, but don't want to spring for no FFB or no guarantee that my $500 wheel will work with other games. Harumph.

Really looking forward to playing Driveclub, just disappointed that our only wheel options in the US are the non-FFB T80 and the legacy T500RS with no guarantee of future game support. Thrustmaster has pushed back the release of the T300RS in the US to 'sometime in October' from August and then 'the end of September.' Really looking to buy a new wheel, but don't want to spring for no FFB or no guarantee that my $500 wheel will work with other games. Harumph.
I am in the same boat and plan to wait for the T300RS to release, and then wait a few week after that to see if there are any reliability issues with the NA version.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. But didn't Sony say, before the PS4 launch, that this game would be free? Is the game fully playable and functional without actually purchasing it?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. But didn't Sony say, before the PS4 launch, that this game would be free? Is the game fully playable and functional without actually purchasing it?

They said that there would be a PS+ Edition, which would be missing content from the full game but still offer a good experience. They never said the full game would be free. The info on PS+ edition is in the OP

DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition
• One location (India)
• 11 tracks
• 10 cars
• Access to all game modes.
• Free to download (17GB)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

God I freaking love this game.

One quick complaint though. The trackside flags are misleading; some red flagged turns are easily taken flat out.

Other than that, bliss.

hawk2025

The info is right on the OP, just search for PS+.

~20% of the content is in the PS+ version, including a platinum trophy.

The_Monk

As some of GAFfers know I went to a closed doors event yesterday for Driveclub and it was simply amazing. I managed to see in detail some real cars such Ferraris, Mercedes and a Bentley too.

Managed to talk quite a bit with Ben Gouldstone who is simply, an amazing and kind person. Very easy to talk to, funny and aware of the community surrounding him.

I asked something GAFfers were wondering like if they plan to add tracks with City environments and he said that they are very open to feedback so if if that's what the community really want, let us voice our opinion and hopefully, it can happen. Same happened when the game was delayed and they were wondering what people wanted and many fans answered dynamic weather which is going to a be a reality now.

I also managed to play the game and later on watched some races during rain and snow. The TV was a Sony 4K (I don't know the model but it's a big one with two front speakers, one the left and right) and the game is glorious. I mean I've seen my fair share of videos on the web but when I was in there I was simply amazed. After the event was over I talked to him a bit more and I spoke about the fact we are having two professional drivers with their own times so we can get (try) and beat their times. I'm sure it's not going to be easy but it's a great partnership. If you are looking for their names it's Tiago Monteiro and António Félix da Costa

Since he was still going to another event (I'm guessing it was for a open-to-everyone in that same day) I spoke to him about that photography Rushy posted in here, the one he took with his arms in the air so explain the shadows behind the car. He smiled and stated that it was understandable since we do not drive like that in real life.

There was many things I discussed with him and I also managed to try the game on my own as well during day, night and on a different selection of cars and tracks.. I took some photos but I can't share them yet, I'm very sorry. One thing I didn't knew is that, it's thanks to Ben Gouldstone that the race track in Algarve (Portugal) is a reality in GRID 2. I had no idea about this and that made me quite happy to be honest. I have played GRID 2 but for curiosity sake for those that do not know which track it is here it is:

k1YkpEl.jpg

And someone on Gamespot playing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rqqzy0iygk

In the end it was a great day and it only increased my hype to play the game and later on play during such weather conditions. It's going to be worth the wait my good GAFfers.

PS: The team wear such nice t-shirts! I really like the red + black combo on them with the logo.

The info is right on the OP, just search for PS+.

~20% of the content is in the PS+ version, including a platinum trophy.

I read it. I was just confused. I've not really followed anything about this at all I just remembered them saying it would be free. Appreciate the replies.

nib95

Banned
As some of GAFfers know I went to a closed doors event yesterday for Driveclub and it was simply amazing. I managed to see in detail some real cars such Ferraris, Mercedes and a Bentley too.

Managed to talk quite a bit with Ben Gouldstone who is simply, an amazing and kind person. Very easy to talk to, funny and aware of the community surrounding him.

I asked something GAFfers were wondering like if they plan to add tracks with City environments and he said that they are very open to feedback so if if that's what the community really want, let us voice our opinion and hopefully, it can happen. Same happened when the game was delayed and they were wondering what people wanted and many fans answered dynamic weather which is going to a be a reality now.

I also managed to play the game and later on watched some races during rain and snow. The TV was a Sony 4K (I don't know the model but it's a big one with two front speakers, one the left and right) and the game is glorious. I mean I've seen my fair share of videos on the web but when I was in there I was simply amazed. After the event was over I talked to him a bit more and I spoke about the fact we are having two professional drivers with their own times so we can get (try) and beat their times. I'm sure it's not going to be easy but it's a great partnership. If you are looking for their names it's Tiago Monteiro and António Félix da Costa

Since he was still going to another event (I'm guessing it was for a open-to-everyone in that same day) I spoke to him about that photography Rushy posted in here, the one he took with his arms in the air so explain the shadows behind the car. He smiled and stated that it was understandable since we do not drive like that in real life.

There was many things I discussed with him and I also managed to try the game on my own as well during day, night and on a different selection of cars and tracks.. I took some photos but I can't share them yet, I'm very sorry. One thing I didn't knew is that, it's thanks to Ben Gouldstone that the race track in Algarve (Portugal) is a reality in GRID 2. I had no idea about this and that made me quite happy to be honest. I have played GRID 2 but for curiosity sake for those that do not know which track it is here it is:

k1YkpEl.jpg

And someone on Gamespot playing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rqqzy0iygk

In the end it was a great day and it only increased my hype to play the game and later on play during such weather conditions. It's going to be worth the wait my good GAFfers.

PS: The team wear such nice t-shirts! I really like the red + black combo on them with the logo.

Thanks for the update dude. Sounds like you had a good time.

Jrags87

Neo Member
Does the season pass come included with the purchase of the full game? Is there a cars list for the season pass DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom