• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So how the hell do I convince this guy that this game is NOT like Forza? I told him that the game uses plenty of social functions that Forza doesn't have, like being able to play against each other without the player actually being there etc but he kept saying "identically to Forza".

What do I say/show him in order to convince him?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Last i head, one of the IGN Australia crew will be reviewing it and their pretty big on racing games.

Yes, they said this on the last pod cast. I really hope its not that fanboy Ryan.

Caayn

I wouldn't risk it, as far as I know you need to be authorized to stream before the embargo is up.
If you got the game through a retailer you're not under an embargo, as you didn't sign any contract. So if you're one of the lucky ones I don't see why not.
So how the hell do I convince this guy that this game is NOT like Forza? I told him that the game uses plenty of social functions that Forza doesn't have, like being able to play against each other without the player actually being there etc but he kept saying "identically to Forza".

Uhmm, no offense but that's one of the features in Forza since they introduced Drivatars....

Punch him in the mouth.

jayu26

You don't. You move on with your life...

Fight him in a corridor.

ShapeGSX

I'm not sure who needs the convincing here. Maybe pick a different feature.

tell him no cardboard was harmed during the making of this game

"Don't buy Driveclub until you've read our magazine two weeks later (please)"

This is stupid and acting like this game is horrible by advising not to buy. People who listen to this are even stupid because everyone knows that this game has 8 months of updates planned, saw game in action for gameplay and graphics and know everything mostly so far. There is nothing to hide from the game other than review scores to appear based on the opinions of the reviewer.

Fight him in a corridor.
4013730-loki_ooh3vu9l1.gif

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
The one thing that's frustrating me about this game is the livery editor.

In all the promo material for this game you see some really sleek liveries but the best you could manage realistically is a badge that looks like three stickers stuck on top of each other... which are stuck to the car.

It's really hit or miss whether you can make the club paintjob blend in well with your club badge. From a graphic design standpoint it's extremely frustrating.

ElsaDanceSnow.gif

Realistic graphics, highly detailed sports/super cars only and handling between simulation and arcade along with options to setup the race with challenges, dynamic weather and day/night cycle with the tracks around the world using social functions of working as Team in Club to win instead of solo.

CRA5H

It's a shame clubs are limited to 6 people. I know a bunch of people at work that would want to be in the same club. Are there groups as well? Kind of like how Destiny has both groups and clans?

NotBacon

Just gonna leave this here

yaqakv.gif

adfgjadgjkfdnksjf
Can't wait to play this in front of my parents on a 60" and make them do a double-take

Side-note: I know a couple months ago some people played some demos of this and thought the gameplay was pretty dry. Is this still the case?

Vestax

Banned

Ignore him.

Enjoy DC, and let him enjoy FH 1.5.

Isn't that the point of Drivatars in Forza?

It's a shame clubs are limited to 6 people. I know a bunch of people at work that would want to be in the same club. Are there groups as well? Kind of like how Destiny has both groups and clans?

This club limit of 6 is not final and it will change if the players want to change after release in updates which developers have confirmed and only reason for this is that developers wanted tight clubs to race in 6 vs 6. There is no need to worry about this and just wait for some time so the developers can receive feedback about this and many other features so they can change as the players wanted.

rich7sena

Banned
I'm really curious to see how reviewers receive this game early next week. From what I've seen, I'm having a hard time believing this will score anything above a 6-7. Perhaps there's more to the game that we haven't seen yet, but this game seems to suffer a bit from what what the first Motorstorm did: lack of content.

We know the game looks gorgeous, and the dynamic nature of the day/night cycle and upcoming weather patch looks splendid, but there seems to be something lacking in the overall package. Added to that, annoying implementation of corner penalties, car reset timers, and hamstrung customization really curb expectations for me.

Top to bottom game just doesn't seem different enough to separate itself form the pack (I expect this to be a common line next week).

I'm really curious to see how reviewers receive this game early next week. From what I've seen, I'm having a hard time believing this will score anything above a 6-7. Perhaps there's more to the game that we haven't seen yet, but this game seems to suffer a bit from what what the first Motorstorm did: lack of content.

We know the game looks gorgeous, and the dynamic nature of the day/night cycle and upcoming weather patch looks splendid, but there seems to be something lacking in the overall package. Added to that, annoying implementation of corner penalties, car reset timers, and hamstrung customization really curb expectations for me.

Top to bottom game just doesn't seem different enough to separate itself form the pack (I expect this to be a common line next week).

In my experience, games that score 6/10 are always the best games. That good old Edge 6.

Jamesways

I'm really curious to see how reviewers receive this game early next week. From what I've seen, I'm having a hard time believing this will score anything above a 6-7.

Yeah, there's so many other 4 wheel circuit racers out for the ps4 right now...

Let's see, there's...
uh
well, there's also,
er,
Zero

Zero four wheel circuit racers. Should probably just get those instead.

Jesting aside, I fully expect IGN and other major ones to hammer it.

Good thing I don't put any stock in racing game reviews whatsoever.

I think the game is going to be amazing, and will keep me busy for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom