• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Aw shucks.

My girlfriend tried the 1080p prototype at a vendor show and she said it was incredible with NFS Rivals.

Anyway:

NEW RUF WORLD RECORD FAIL:
https://mega.co.nz/#!EBcGnaIS!qCAYqcVfi7CeF--ZSALk5twjskQDX7IsHHH5DX36oK4

I felt bad for you at the end. It seems like there should be a animation when a car stops like that after hitting something. I could imagine you hitting the steering wheel in a "aww shucks" fashion.

Thanks for the video, all throughout I was thinking about how good the game looks. This game looks so darn good. Also, I really like the multiple ghosts.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| Let It Snow and Make It Rain

Oh man, you guys hahaha.

Ploid 3.0

Hmm flatout what?

Or is he talking about the game Flatout? :p

Flatout as in straight up said, not holding back for fear of breaking embargo.

That's what I think he means.

Indeed they are, I will buy some when I move to my own house! =P

Tire stacks are best for indestructible barriers, as many racing games showed us. Or the cardboard advertisement banners. Heck even some rope work sometimes.

Eggbok

For what it is worth I was at Target and they broke street date on this and Skylanders Trap Team...

irzDIS1l.jpg

Seeing Amazing Spider-Man 2 makes me so happy to be done with that terrible game. Just got the Platinum today.

Vire

Why do video games come out on Tuesdays anyway? I have time now to play, I don't have time on Tuesday.

FFS.

Wondering the same thing! I really want to see Gaf's comments and reactions when DC drops. Looking like it will live up to the hype and deliver.

Lol, what hype? There isn't enough hype to salvage out of the shitposting and passive aggressive dismsal from people who have determined that it isn't doing enough as a game because it only does circuit racing.

Make no mistake, DC is an underdog. If it pans out, 2014 will official become the year of the unnderdog. (wolfenstein, shovel knight, shadow of mordor, alien isolation)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Just took the Italia around the Lytton track. Bliss.

The mountains in the background covered in pine trees and low hanging clouds, the birds flying over the tracks, the balloons and confetti thrown into the track as I drift past, the random god rays through the trees shimmering off the top of the cars ahead ...

tumblr_lsuqa1XYc51qlzlgo.gif

DOWN

Banned
How the heck does RUF not count as Porche? thats a rad licensing loophole to get around EA tax for Porches. Didn't Forza 4 add Porches as DLC?

Kumubou

How the heck does RUF not count as Porche? thats a rad licensing loophole to get around EA tax for Porches. Didn't Forza 4 add Porches as DLC?
IIRC that was because EA and Microsoft came to terms for it -- mainly because Microsoft had the rights to Ferrari cars at the time, so they basically swapped the rights (Microsoft also did the same with Sega so that Outrun Online Arcade could get published).

DOWN

Banned
Pretty much happened in every Motorstorm campaign when you get 3/4 of the way through it. Goddamnit.
Put on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) soundtrack and get in the mood to rip someone's head off and then you'll finish first like hella

Why do video games come out on Tuesdays anyway? I have time now to play, I don't have time on Tuesday.

FFS.
It is usually because of reporting periods.

Its weird because Bloodborne an The order is both coming out on Fridays.

LBP3 is on a Tuesday.
Hadn't paid attention to those - interesting that they're giving worldwide releases to Bloodborne and The Order but LBP3 and DC aren't.

inFamous was worldwide. Wonder if they do it for games with stories and traditional campaigns - though TLOU:R was split, but it was a remaster.

Ploid 3.0

Pretty much happened in every Motorstorm campaign when you get 3/4 of the way through it. Goddamnit.

The one of the thing that bugged me about Motorstorm (I love motorstorm) was the rubberbanding and how cheap the AI seemed with their boost. A strategy was not to use boost until the very last stretch so the AI wouldn't over use or something. At least Evolution says there's no rubberbanding in this game, and there's no NOS.

Maybe the AI is just pushing harder, but hopefully they aren't cheating. In a single model only race, I don't want to watch one spin out while I drive perfectly with speed only to be caught up by that same car at the last turn before the finish line.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

They just use the Porsche Chassis, but they're stripped down and the car is built from the ground up.

Forza 4 added Porsche as DLC but I'm sure had to pay a decent cost to get EA and Porsche to agree to let them use it.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I felt bad for you at the end. It seems like there should be a animation when a car stops like that after hitting something. I could imagine you hitting the steering wheel in a "aww shucks" fashion.

Thanks for the video, all throughout I was thinking about how good the game looks. This game looks so darn good. Also, I really like the multiple ghosts.

Oh I said a little more than just aw shucks, hahahaha

just-friends-car-scene-o.gif

NP man, just trying to keep the hype going strong so when GAF hits the road we hit it hard!

EDIT: Can someone make a combined GIF of me pulling over and the Ryan Reynolds scene above??

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The one of the thing that bugged me about Motorstorm (I love motorstorm) was the rubberbanding and how cheap the AI seemed with their boost. A strategy was not to use boost until the very last stretch so the AI wouldn't over use or something. At least Evolution says there's no rubberbanding in this game, and there's no NOS.

Maybe the AI is just pushing harder, but hopefully they aren't cheating. In a single model only race, I don't want to watch one spin out while I drive perfectly with speed only to be caught up by that same car at the last turn before the finish line.

Oh this is what irked me about Motorstorm badly.

There seemed to be no rhyme or reason with the AI, you'd be in the lead and then bam two or three guys would blow right by you. Crash and forget about it.

BiGBoSSMk23

Oh this is what irked me about Motorstorm badly.

There seemed to be no rhyme or reason with the AI, you'd be in the lead and then bam two or three guys would blow right by you. Crash and forget about it.

There's nothing of the sort going on with my play through so far. So, don't panic, please. :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
tried, the lady said they had it in back but it cant be scanned for sale

That's what the POS is designed to do, saves them from getting flagged and fined for selling before street date. Usually big time releases have a big "DO NOT SELL UNTIL X" on the top of the case, but I haven't seen it as much.

Mom and Pop shops can get away with this because they don't use them.

There's nothing of the sort going on with my play through so far. So, don't panic, please. :)

This is good to hear. :)

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey guys. What is the best vid on the net right now showing off Driveclubs visuals?

I want to show a friend of mine that thinks the graphics are on par with a PS3 game, but I refuse to show him a youtube video as it wont do the graphics any justice.

Gestault

There would be a brief install. 30 seconds is post installation. Having said that, PS installs are usually incredibly fast that you rarely notice it as a separate activity. Also if you are downloading, you just need 3.5 GB to start the game. Though the game would probably be slower at loading due to heavy hard disk activity from the background installation.

Still, that's really streamlined. Particularly after seeing the difference between games like GT5 to GT6, I always appreciate those more behind-the-scenes efforts.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hey guys. What is the best vid on the net right now showing off Driveclubs visuals?

I want to show a friend of mine that thinks the graphics are on par with a PS3 game, but I refuse to show him a youtube video as it wont do the graphics any justice.
why would you even waste your time?

I don't get people.

Stream or (even better) download some videos from Gamersyde at 1080p. I always watch gameplay videos from there whenever passing judgment at a game's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom