• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

I'm posting way too much in here. Expecting a buddy on twitter to share detailed impressions about the game (he got it early as well). Will share them here when I get them.

Time to check for DRIVECLUB-GAF friend requests and then play some velocity 2x.

Ciao!

Kssio_Aug

Some of the less dramatic crashes are looking unintentionally hilarious. I'm kind of ok with it:

ibzs6FLCSrZhW8.gif

LOL, the car was thrown away like this because of that corner penalty, or was it a bug? Too much of a push for such penalty!

Not limited to preorders. Will be there for a while. Nothing is forever ;)

Damn it. Last post. Closing laptop. Bye

Ok thanks! So I'm safe to buy it for 50 dollars after testing the Plus version, right?
Will do it then.

Majmun

Flawless post.

Yeah! The last racing game I've really enjoyed was Burnout 3. I'm not really a racing fan myself tbh. I like playing Mario Kart casually, but that's it.

But this game looks really good. Watched a few streams, read the impressions and looked at the screenshots - I really want to play it. Can't wait.

LOL, the car was thrown away like this because of that corner penalty, or was it a bug? Too much of a push for such penalty!

Penalty drastically cuts your accelerator temporarily

Bounded of the left fence, and went full speed across the road into the other side.
Got a boost from the ground, because it looked like the car was airborne before impact.
High speed impact on front corner + airborne = holy shit.

nikos

NYC stores saying to check back on Monday now. :/

Might just go digital and save $10 if it ends up being Tuesday.

viveks86

So... I'm back :/

Received the detailed impressions sooner than I thought!

Driveclub Hands On Impression.

Right so I got the game today and had the chance to literally play it for about 3-4 hours allowing me to reach Level 11 for today. My primary focus were tour events altogether, and then I played couple of Multiplayer Games.

- Game's visuals, environments, car model are gorgeous. Specially the environments stand out. Very detailed with soft lightning and breath taking scenery. I have played many racing games in past but the country side Evolution has captured is miles apart. Jaw was Dropped literally. Imagine how weather will make it standout further.
- Car Handling is solid, fluid, tight and intuitive. The game is arcadey but the fundamental elements of under steer and over steer are present. Cars had weight. Overall fluid as hell and responsive as a blink of an eye. But I found it towards the easier side of gameplay. If you are into racing and knows the basics of apex, braking etc then you can easily control your car. Felt forgiving and less challenging. Well its not a Sim of course :)
- Sense of Speed is what I enjoyed the most whoaaa I mean literally the 2nd tier cars felt so speedy imagine a Hennesy Venom. Brilliant and scary at times.
- AI is aggressive although I was playing on Semi Pro so yes AI will give you tough work to do once you progress higher into tour events.
- There is a log of every race you do created and you can send challenges to Solo or Club mates so easily. Loved it. Leader board at the end of race and eyeing at your friends score better than you really wants you go back and beat him up.
- I am a casual racer but Driveclub is turning me out to shave off those tenth of seconds which I never bothered before and man this is good stuff.
- Main menu is easy simple straight forward with one of the best soundtracks after NFS 6 and Most wanted. Brilliant. Pumps you up further.
- Multiplayer has prebuilt events which you can register and wait for a minute and a half to get into matches which was annoying. However the racing was exhilarating and very fast. I got a loaned Marrusia and wooof I go. was hell fun. Driving it across Norway was thrilling. There were less people and many disconnections from DC Servers too. Multiplayer helped in progression too. And it separates you in two teams to race Red and Blue and one that gets most points wins the race.
- Locations are very good and point to point is most fun. Some circuits and race tracks are really silly in terms of how casually small and easy they are. Plus circuit laps will not provide enough variety across the race as point to point does.
- India was least impressive of all and Norway, Scottland and Canada were breathtaking. Chile had great environments too.
- You have rumble intensity options, you can change Dual Shock button mapping which I did for Handbrake and mapped it to Square from Circle, you have some steering wheel assists etc
- Weather is phenomenal clouds, stormy clouds, clear, time of dawn and dusk superb.
- There is some aliasing here and there but not much. I don't know but I found environments more detailed than cars. Some flickering shadows too but wouldn't bother.
- Tours is really fun it hooked me up bad. Progression and races and specially those individual objectives are really fun plus add those face offs which are extremely fun to beat.

- The game is overall very fun and impressive plus the cherry on top are its environments,, sound and gameply combined with social aspects. The only Con I think it has is the forgiving driving model. Once you get the feel of it and you know the track it will be an easy thing but shaving those drift points, cornering, sectors etc will add on to its challenge.

And yes I dont know if its a bug or what but if a car hits you from behind, your Fame score deducts point which was plain stupid. I mean it was not my fault :/

And yes I am somewhere 1000 on the leader-board :D Imagine :p

9/10 - STUNNING!!!!

Ok thanks! So I'm safe to buy it for 50 dollars after testing the Plus version, right?
Will do it then.

Yes. You are safe :)

Need some driveclub friends add me psn KGoogle

Add PSN: DRIVECLUB-GAF and you will not look for friends ever again! ;)

Dinjooh

Is there any benefit of getting this day one or should I just wait until the weather is added before getting it?

With this being a very social game, you're gonna lose out on some of the competition that there is early on, but besides that.. eh.. not really, no.

aro52

Is it weird that I'm giddy to simply start the preload tonight?

giddy-conan.gif

But then 2 days of seeing it locked on the menu...

tease.gif

With this being a very social game, you're gonna lose out on some of the competition that there is early on, but besides that.. eh.. not really, no.

I don't think I'll be doing any of the social stuff actually, as much as that negates the title. I'll be playing it on a borrowed console so I'm not bothering with PS+.

Is there any benefit of getting this day one or should I just wait until the weather is added before getting it?
I assume you have PS Plus, why not at least get your toes wet with the free version? There's no additional cost to you and you're not limited by game modes. Just cars and tracks.

edit: Oh, well I guess you just answered my question. ^^^^

Tux

Instead of calling it "bullshit" try research how such lighting conditions look in real life and then come back...

It is not an "illusion" I've spent 35 years living/driving to know that the freaking tyres of a car dont look like that when the sun is behind you...

You made the front page of N4G and an article from Duel Shockers for that comment. So much for that 35 years of living/driving experience. And good one, trying to save face to the Evolution Developer. :|

I assume you have PS Plus, why not at least get your toes wet with the free version? There's no additional cost to you and you're not limited by game modes. Just cars and tracks.

Nah, I'm not getting PS+ (which I said just above you, I assume you were typing as I posted).

I'm definitely getting the full thing because I want to experience every car, but I feel like it's more worthwhile waiting for the weather, because it'll be more feature-complete by then, as well as the fact that photomode will likely be in by then too.

psn

all is left is to order a wheel, i dont think i can hold out for long on the T300RS

You should get a t500rs maybe. In germany it's cheaper than the t300rs, even new! You can get it for 340€ new here. t300 is 360€. So

I still have a DFGT and a G25, I may sell both and get a t500. I would even buy it used, if it is in a good condition. Saw them for 220€.

viveks86

Only 9/10?? Flickering shadows?

Looks like I'll have to skip another title this year...

Haha. He thinks it's a bit too easy right now. Will get updated impressions when he is 10 hours in. After seeing how the guy at ISR got slaughtered without mercy, I have no doubt he is going to change his mind on that particular issue.

psn

Only 9/10?? Flickering shadows?

Looks like I'll have to skip another title this year...

I know youre not serious, but I want to add something to his impression:

The first cars are much easier to control. If you have around 200 - 300hp, it's much easier as the super and hyper cars. Im used to Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Gran Turismo, but they are really challenging. Not unfair, just challenging.

They are really close to GT or Forza imo (with a controller).

I have no ps4 compatible wheel yet so I can't say how they compare with a wheel.

Haha. He thinks it's a bit too easy right now. Will get updated impressions when he is 10 hours in. After seeing how the guy at ISR got slaughtered without mercy, I have no doubt he is going to change his mind on that particular issue.

Yeah I can tell the AI is no joke at higher difficulties. I can't wait to play this.

I know youre not serious, but I want to add something to his impression:

The first cars are much easier to control. If you have around 200 - 300hp, it's much easier as the super and hyper cars. Im used to Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Gran Turismo, but they are really challenging. Not unfair, just challenging.

They are really close to GT or Forza imo (with a controller).

I have no ps4 compatible wheel yet so I can't say how they compare with a wheel.

I don't play racers too much neither do i use a wheel when I do so the controller will be enough for me.

I'm posting way too much in here. Expecting a buddy on twitter to share detailed impressions about the game (he got it early as well). Will share them here when I get them.

Time to check for DRIVECLUB-GAF friend requests and then play some velocity 2x.

Ciao!

Sent you an invite earlier today. :)

Rixa

So... I'm back :/

Add PSN: DRIVECLUB-GAF and you will not look for friends ever again! ;)

Yep. Thanks for everyone who has added me to friendslist (there is still plenty room).
DRIVECLUB-GAF adds us togethere, no matter where you are. Even if you aint gonna buy the whole game, you still get plenty of new friends. SO

Send friend invite to DRIVECLUB-GAF and you get new friends (you can also send me a invite, Iam just casual PSN player).

Remember: DRIVECLUB-GAF is your friend.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
DRIVECLUB |OT| Gotta go fast

This game is too nerve racking. I was just attempting a new WR in Tapaca with the RUF CTR3 and gave up half way even though I had a good lead on the guy.

The way DC's driving model works is you have to have balls of steel to speed into a turn and sufficient control to back up your balls and make it out with your chassis intact.

Posting short clip soon.

Yeah I accepted it 30 mins ago. PSN is being a real bitch right now :/

So it's not just me then? Friend requests, viewing the friends list, trophies, and the Store have all been excruciatingly slow the last few days on my end. Don't even get me started on messages.

Rixa

Has Evo said why there are no Porches, only tuning shop carsRUF's. Is it due licensing issues? Same thing is with GT, no Porches, instead RUF's.

So it's not just me then? Friend requests, viewing the friends list, trophies, and the Store have all been excruciatingly slow the last few days on my end. Don't even get me started on messages.

Same problem with PS App in EU, wont work fluently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom