• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
soo. do we have confirmation about the PS+ Edition preload being able to play the day it goes up? i mean it's not like the full game. lets think of it as a demo and let us play, Sonny.

viveks86

soo. do we have confirmation about the PS+ Edition preload being able to play the day it goes up? i mean it's not like the full game. lets think of it as a demo and let us play, Sonny.

There is no preload for the PS+ edition. But you will be able to play it the day it goes up

Ploid 3.0

Every public server ever :( Just once I'd like a game where I don't have to dodge everyone in corner 1 or check my rear braking into a corner.

I never played many racing games online outside of GT 5 gaf, which were classy people. The last one was the crappy GTA5 races where people would try to spin you out at any chance. The thing was that it is easy to spin people out in that game even if you aren't trying.

~~Hasan~~

Man I have been playing the game since morning. I spent like 8 hours on it total. I am level 16 right now and its becoming very hard to proceed with the tour.the difculaty increase very much when you start to reach the semi pro curcuits .

I am loving this game. One thing I hate so much about it is the online bit where you can't invite someone u see in the lobby . Like u have to go go to players met and add them from there. And players met is not working for me at all. I am not sure why. I tried couple of profiles and it's not working with this game for me. I thought my ps4 is having a problem. So I tried that fee to play game I downloaded from the store(forgot it's name it's a horrible fps game) and fair enough I can see the players. So I believe it's something relalted to the game it self .

Also, I find it reaaly stupid that everyone can make a clan even level 1 players. Now the online section us full of empty clans. At least let them reach level 10 or so before abusing it. It's no fun really. And u can't see if those players are online right now and invite them to a lobby to race. At least I didn't find it.

jiiikoo

Banned
So if I pre-order the PS+ edition upgrade from PSN, do I just download the PS+ free version on 8th of october and I'll have the whole game then?

viveks86

what about PS+ upgrades? does that fall under full game preload or wait day of release?

Full game preload

So if I pre-order the PS+ edition upgrade from PSN, do I just download the PS+ free version on 8th of october and I'll have the whole game then?

No. The moment you purchase the upgrade, it will queue it up for preload. The WHOLE game.

Yeah I'm confused now. So if I preorder the game from PSN for 50 usd I can preload and play at midnight?

Yes. That's what I've done. It's already on my download queue for tomorrow.

jiiikoo

Banned
No. The moment you purchase the upgrade, it will queue it up for preload.

Ah, thank you. Going to pre-order it now then.

Done. And color me surprised, didn't know they don't charge you until it releases. I thought they charged the card immediately.

Trace

Banned

You download the full copy of the game. It's the "full" copy, they give it to you when you buy the upgrade.

le-seb

Yeah I'm confused now. So if I preorder the game from PSN for 50 usd I can preload and play at midnight?
It may start downloading as soon as tonight (not sure), but you won't be able to play it until it's officially released in your country.

Man, that point to point Canada track in the ISR video posted a few pages back... Looks incredible. I kept waiting for him to give impressions of the force feedback, but I guess those details are still under embargo.

viveks86

Man, that point to point Canada track in the ISR video posted a few pages back... Looks incredible. I kept waiting for him to give impressions of the force feedback, but I ad's me those details are still under embargo.

He did say that the force feedback is a little light but has 10 levels of adjustment. But yeah, he probably wasn't allowed to describe everything

still have no idea if the review embargo is monday or tuesday.

Tuesday 6 AM PST/9 AM EST

Man I have been playing the game since morning. I spent like 8 hours on it total. I am level 16 right now and its becoming very hard to proceed with the tour.the difculaty increase very much when you start to reach the semi bro curcuits .

I am loving this game. One thing I hate so much about it is the online bit where you can't invite someone u see in the lobby . Like u have to go go if players met and add them from there. And players met is not working for me at all. I am not sure why. I tried couple of profiles and it's not working with this game for me. I thought my ps4 is having a problem. So I tried that fee to play game I downloaded from the store(forgot it's name it's a horrible fps game) and fair enough I can see the players. So I believe it's something relalted to the game it self .

Also, I find it reaaly stupid that everyone can make a clan even level 1 players. Now the online section us full of empty ckabs. At least let them reach level 10 or so before abusing it. It's no fun really. And u can't see if those players are online right now and invite them to a lobby to race. At least I didn't find it.
Hmn, that would be great options to have actually.... Hopefully with a patch.

Any comments on controls, handling, graphics, smoothness?

Wait what? Really? I wasn't aware of this *goes to check credit card transactions*
I dunno. I added the funds to my wallet and bought it and those funds are gone from my wallet but I never actually checked my credit card balance.

Edit: ahhh the EU store... nvm

Man I have been playing the game since morning. I spent like 8 hours on it total. I am level 16 right now and its becoming very hard to proceed with the tour.the difculaty increase very much when you start to reach the semi pro curcuits .

I am loving this game. One thing I hate so much about it is the online bit where you can't invite someone u see in the lobby . Like u have to go go to players met and add them from there. And players met is not working for me at all. I am not sure why. I tried couple of profiles and it's not working with this game for me. I thought my ps4 is having a problem. So I tried that fee to play game I downloaded from the store(forgot it's name it's a horrible fps game) and fair enough I can see the players. So I believe it's something relalted to the game it self .

Also, I find it reaaly stupid that everyone can make a clan even level 1 players. Now the online section us full of empty clans. At least let them reach level 10 or so before abusing it. It's no fun really. And u can't see if those players are online right now and invite them to a lobby to race. At least I didn't find it.

The online stuff is not completely 'on' yet, sometimes I even receive the notification that I got disconnected. Let's wait until the official release to judge that part. :)

~~Hasan~~

Hmn, that would be great options to have actually.... Hopefully with a patch.

Any comments on controls, handling, graphics, smoothness?

I didn't experience any slow downs even during 12 cars races in the single player mode. The graphics you are in for a surprise how awesome it's. Make sure sharpness is zero in your tv.

Controls, it's very much like project Gotham to me only better. But the same style

viveks86

The online stuff is not completely 'on' yet, sometimes I even receive the notification that I got disconnected. Let's wait until the official release to judge that part. :)

I really wonder how people plan to review the multiplayer portion of the game, with empty lobbies, work in progress servers and not even full fledged clubs.

I'm in the US and my pre-orders for Driveclub & Unity were taken out right away.

Just checked. I got charged immediately as well.

I really wonder how people plan to review the multiplayer portion of the game, with empty lobbies, work in progress servers and not even full fledged clubs.

That won't be a consideration for the various mags et al. They gotta get dem reviews out sharpish. Which is silly.

I didn't experience any slow downs even during 12 cars races in the single player mode. The graphics you are in for a surprise how awesome it's. Make sure sharpness is zero in your tv.

Controls, it's very much like project Gotham to me only better. But the same style

This! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait!! :)

psn

Did you buy an Xbox One too? Every time it launches in a new country it gets an "lol look at those lines nobody wants an Xbox One" thread. It seems like a strange choice to buy something simply because people troll it. I'll try Driveclub when it hits PS+ and decide from there. It seems more rational to me to decide that way.

Wow, apples and oranges anyone?

There is nothing strange in his decision. He wants to support them because he feels they are a very passionate studio and they deserve it. Don't cut it down to the trolling.

BTW: The constant trolling in the driveclub threads IS annyoing and I just don't get it anymore. That has boosted his decision a bit, too.

Gestault

Just spotted the PSNation direct feed on youtube. Had missed the first few minutes when they were streaming. Game initial load time is indeed around 30 seconds. He also mentions that he has been playing for a week, mostly single player and still hasn't gotten through the last few events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biNBMvv2K-U

Are people mentioning the initial 30-second loads because of the Rushy bet about no loads above 15 seconds, or what? I've seen several mentions here, but I didn't know if there was more context.

viveks86

Are people mentioning the initial 30-second loads because of the Rushy bet about no loads above 15 seconds, or what? I've seen several mentions here, but I didn't know if there was more context.

No. This is the load from PS menu to game menu. Not in-game load times. In-game load times are exactly what Rushy claimed.

viveks86

Oh wow, is there no install or something? That's actually awesome.

There would be a brief install. 30 seconds is post installation. Having said that, PS installs are usually incredibly fast that you rarely notice it as a separate activity. Also if you are downloading, you just need 3.5 GB to start the game. Though the game would probably be slower at loading due to heavy hard disk activity from the background installation.

viveks86

I have no idea what your replies mean, some inside joke? lol

kitteninshoe-meme-generator-i-have-no-idea-what-you-re-talking-about-11293c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom