• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

For what it is worth I was at Target and they broke street date on this and Skylanders Trap Team...

irzDIS1l.jpg

Oh yeeeeeeesssssssssssss.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
LOL, the car was thrown away like this because of that corner penalty, or was it a bug? Too much of a push for such penalty!

Ok thanks! So I'm safe to buy it for 50 dollars after testing the Plus version, right?
Will do it then.

These fences are indestructible lol

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Well then how about

DRIVECLUB|OT2| Brutal Corridor Racing

:p

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Would this game look good on Sony's headmounted display ?

Not Morpheus , the other one. I really need the visibility and my monitor isn't quite cutting it.

Can't believe I'm considering a 800 dollar purchase just for one game.

DOWN

Banned
There would be a brief install. 30 seconds is post installation. Having said that, PS installs are usually incredibly fast that you rarely notice it as a separate activity. Also if you are downloading, you just need 3.5 GB to start the game. Though the game would probably be slower at loading due to heavy hard disk activity from the background installation.
Yeah while Shadow of Mordor installed I had some weird hitches going on and then it was smooth after install so I figure that's all it was struggling over

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Would this game look good on Sony's headmounted display ?

Not Morpheus , the other one. I really need the visibility and my monitor isn't quite cutting it.

Can't believe I'm considering a 800 dollar purchase just for one game.
The HMZ? Not worth it at all IMO, uncomfortable and is only 720p.

Late Flag

Been wondering about this and I suppose this is as good a place to ask as any. What are the rules for when you can start an |OT2|, |OT3| etc.? Is it 100 pages or some other objective benchmark, or just whenever?

I lurked for a while before getting an account, but some of the norms around here that everybody else seems to know are still a little alien to me.

Kane1345

Been wondering about this and I suppose this is as good a place to ask as any. What are the rules for when you can start an |OT2|, |OT3| etc.? Is it 100 pages or some other objective benchmark, or just whenever?

I lurked for a while before getting an account, but some of the norms around here that everybody else seems to know are still a little alien to me.

20k posts

Ploid 3.0

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Don't Talk About #DRIVECLUB

I don't know what I'm doing

This is perfect haha. So true. You know exactly what you're doing.

I was wondering, what if there were seasons in DC. Like a reset and new rules type of thing. That would keep things interesting. Every club reset and regather fame or ranks by winning stuff in the new season. Then when the season is over the top clubs are listed and get something for it. Maybe custom designs or something they can slap on their car to show how experienced they are for the next season or just to show off their experience in winning these things.

Late Flag

Gahhh the game is getting really difficult :(

I'm level 16 now. I didn't change the difficulty settings, what is it by default?

I've started to notice posts like this from folks who were lucky enough to get the game early. Glad to see that Evolution is still bringing that difficulty spike that we all knew and loved from the Motorstorm franchise. I just about pitched my controller through the window trying to get gold on a mid-level event on Razorback in MS:pR, but that's what I'm looking for.

Can you describe what causes the difficulty? In Motorstorm, it was the cheating-as-hell rubber-banding AI. Allegedly there's no rubber-banding in this one. Is the AI just that good?

Insane Metal

Gold Member
You were almost there, pal!

Pfff... spent most of the day watching videos of people playing the game... I WANT IT NOW!

Semi-pro

Sem-pro?? WTF, that explains a lot.

I've started to notice posts like this from folks who were lucky enough to get the game early. Glad to see that Evolution is still bringing that difficulty spike that we all knew and loved from the Motorstorm franchise. I just about pitched my controller through the window trying to get gold on a mid-level event on Razorback in MS:pR, but that's what I'm looking for.

Can you describe what causes the difficulty? In Motorstorm, it was the cheating-as-hell rubber-banding AI. Allegedly there's no rubber-banding in this one. Is the AI just that good?

No rubber banding at all from what I can say, but the AI is agressive and reactive as fuc*, lol. Also, the faster cars are REALLY fast.

Lady Gaia

Did you buy an Xbox One too? Every time it launches in a new country it gets an "lol look at those lines nobody wants an Xbox One" thread. It seems like a strange choice to buy something simply because people troll it. I'll try Driveclub when it hits PS+ and decide from there. It seems more rational to me to decide that way.

I wouldn't be in DC threads at all without some interest in the game. I'm very impressed with their technical achievements, I believe in their goals, and I appreciate the passion they have for the game. I've never bought anything solely because it was getting ripped, but I do tend to favor the underdog. Gender and orientation might have something to do with my dislike for shallow criticism.

On the other hand, there are plenty of legitimate complaints to be leveled at the Xbox One and the mindset behind a lot of the early decisions. I had a lot of respect for the accomplishments and vision of J Allard and his crew, but I dislike the mentality that led to his replacement and ultimately the design of the Xbox One. Let's just say I have enough experience with the players involved to share some of the community's disdain, though I agree the piling on that happens is unwarranted. I did get a Wii U eventually despite the mixed bag it represents, and I wouldn't rule out an Xbox One at some point. I'd like to see a smaller hardware revision with an internal power supply, and at least one exclusive title that really grabs me.

... but now, back to DriveClub. I've loved some driving games in the past, so I am looking forward to trying it out myself. I have very fond memories of the original 3DO Need for Speed and so the attention to A-B scenic drives has potential for me. I'll also enjoy doing so in style with automobiles I'd never seriously consider owning (our Boxster and Model S are exotic enough for our tastes, but not remotely in the class of the supercars and hypercars here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom