• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

So Driveclub (Specifically the Bikes expansion) got some airtime on Canadian TV on a telecom commercial. I'd post a link, but I can't find it anywhere.

kie25

I have a feeling that any issues Driveclub has been getting on the weekend is not anything to do with Evolution, my guess is it's related to PSN, as Project cars has also been suffering only on weekends with high traffic. Even call of duty last night didn't seem as fast and as good quality as normal, struggling to get full lobbies few disconnects etc. Rushy may say completely different but I feel it's more a network issue over individual games.

xrnzaaas

PSN was really slow during the evening sessions for me last week. I mean stuff like loading the list of friends online or syncing trophies took a lot longer than normal. Can't say about multiplayer, because I spend 90% of the time in singleplayer. :)

Vanguard

Not seen this before, made me double take haha. Think you won already DHC xD

p5Cy0q0.jpg

Interesting bug :p

I have a feeling that any issues Driveclub has been getting on the weekend is not anything to do with Evolution, my guess is it's related to PSN, as Project cars has also been suffering only on weekends with high traffic. Even call of duty last night didn't seem as fast and as good quality as normal, struggling to get full lobbies few disconnects etc. Rushy may say completely different but I feel it's more a network issue over individual games.

Asked him earlier...

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/704011738597953536

Makikou

Ugh, that MV Agusta @ Old Town was an exercise in frustration. The physics really like to get all wonky and bounce you into the orbit.

Well done Sirenty on becoming our first double winner! Lots of people on at the end trying to improve their times and I've seen the lead change from myself to Anything to SigSwat551 to Zhokel then Sirenty with maybe even more in between.

Ainsz clinched second spot while Zhokel / Vanguard was relegated to 3rd, SigSwat551 in 4th and AnythingBut taking 5th.

This has given Sirenty a good lead over Ainsz and Sigswat but wins can change everything - as this was a quieter event the rewards weren't quite as high as usual...

Screenshot_2016_02_28_19_49_18.png

You should have got your invite for week 8, let me know if you haven't received it.

xrnzaaas

The new weekly challenge is... challenging. :) It's very long for a skill one so a lot of room for error (and improvement ;)).

Ugh, that MV Agusta @ Old Town was an exercise in frustration. The physics really like to get all wonky and bounce you into the orbit.

Yeah the bikes really don't like curbs (which is understandable really!) - as I push forward all the time I had a bike flip over on that top section where you bump down then up a curb in quick succession. And yeah like the others say, that last corner was a bitch.

The new weekly challenge is... challenging. :) It's very long for a skill one so a lot of room for error (and improvement ;)).

Yep that was the intention, give plenty of room for improvement. I was in a hurry and set that challenge on my second run so it's a easy target to beat.

farmerboy

I've completely lost track with these challenges. When does this block finish and we start a new "10 week block" - if that's what we're doing?

Sirenty

I thought the last corner was fine, as long as you don't go over the curb. You want to skirt it as close as possible without hitting it. I think the blue line challenge for that corner is BS.

My problem was the corner before, right after you get the second split time. I tried avoiding those left curbs, but you have to slow too much to make the corner. Then I figured out if you go over it as upright as possible, you won't jump too bad most of the time, Then turn into the corner and pull back to avoid the front digging in and then push forward right after to avoid wheeling the crest. Once I figured out you need to rock back and forth, that's where I made up most of my time.

Ainsz was killing me on drive out of the first corner also. Never could get that one straight. Tried downshifting and that seemed to help but it screws up my rhythm too much.

I've completely lost track with these challenges. When does this block finish and we start a new "10 week block" - if that's what we're doing?

Yes we're doing the 10 week blocks, we're just starting week eight so we have 3 weeks to go for the results ;-) It'll finish on 2 car events so I'm open to suggestions of events (as usual one is to be timed and the other will be score based (so drift).

I thought the last corner was fine, as long as you don't go over the curb. You want to skirt it as close as possible without hitting it. I think the blue line challenge for that corner is BS.

My problem was the corner before, right after you get the second split time. I tried avoiding those left curbs, but you have to slow too much to make the corner. Then I figured out if you go over it as upright as possible, you won't jump too bad most of the time, Then turn into the corner and pull back to avoid the front digging in and then push forward right after to avoid wheeling the crest. Once I figured out you need to rock back and forth, that's where I made up most of my time.

Ainsz was killing me on drive out of the first corner also. Never could get that one straight. Tried downshifting and that seemed to help but it screws up my rhythm too much.

The last corner is the most important one because it is the high speed sector of the track. I had green on you in the first 2 sectors but lost time in the last corner. I found it very difficult to get it right consistently.

xrnzaaas

I've finally had some time to catch up to 95-35. :) The Vuhl elite time trial was probably the most challenging for me, because I hate that car. The bike ones on the other hand were pretty easy, especially the last one with the Kawasaki Ninja.

Can those of you did have troubles this weekend with multiplayer can you confirm whether you're running the standard firmware or the latest Beta 3.50 firmware.

And if you received any error messages, what where they.

Cheers.

Have signed up for the beta, but not had a notification email so pretty sure on standard FW (will double check when home).

MP was a case of getting in the 1st race after starting DC up, but all subsequent races/events "couldn't connect to players"....only way of fixing was either restarting DC or doing a connection test, but then after the 1st race it was rinse and repeat.

Private lobbies were pretty much ok for the few of us who tried over the weekend tho.

.... Did have 3 races on the trot without problems this morning tho before work.

Disktrasa

Banned
I bought the game and the season pass the same day it was released, and i still love this game, its so damn awesome and just keeps evolving, get me dat season pass 2 gad dammit, will buy day1!

Can those of you did have troubles this weekend with multiplayer can you confirm whether you're running the standard firmware or the latest Beta 3.50 firmware.

And if you received any error messages, what where they.

Cheers.
AFAIK I was running the standard firmware. I have the base game downloaded with all of the free dlc and no paid content and after the lobby screen where it says I was connecting it just said "failed to connect to server"

So a while back I ran a few comparison challenges to get an idea of how the best cars in the Super and Performance classes compared. The release of the Type R has upset the pecking order of the hot hatch class so I thought I'd do ten laps in each car on Old Town 1 reverse as well as do a straight line speed test to see how they all compare.

Here's my results

Screenshot_2016_02_29_19_19_31.png

I think the top 3 are pretty much as expected, if I don't use the Type R then I've potentially got 4 tenths to make up in the Megane or over a second in the Golf. Of course different tracks will vary the results, and I've put on the rankings for my times too to show which cars probably suited my driving style better.

More interesting was actually driving them back to back and feeling the differences - the golf understeers badly on the power so you really have to time it right to stop it pushing wide. The Audi is a car I usually avoid as it's too slow but it had a nice balance and four wheel drift, just a shame the engine doesn't have a bit more poke.

I didn't want to send these out as challenges to everyone on the list and potentially confuse non regulars into thinking these we for the weekly challenge but if you fancy a go and see how they compare for you then let me know and I'll forward the challenges to you.

ZalXII

I think i got these challenges already except the quattro one. Did beat every single time of yours by 0,3-0,4 seconds so its basically the same order for the cars.

I finally managed to buy the No Limit tour pack, and I really need to vent.

Who at Evolution thought it was a good idea to put the R34 in the Performance class? Seriously, it's underpowered to the point where it isn't even fun to drive in a sort of David vs. Goliath sort of thing. The GT-R Generations event is a perfect example of this: in real life, a bone stock R34 vs. a bone stock R35, the R35 would eat the other for lunch. And don't get me started on how it is versus other cars in the class, especially the RGT-8, Challenger, and others.

I really hope that when Evo does indeed do a Ford pack, they do the right thing and don't do the inverse, where they put the 2016 Focus RS into the Hot Hatch class (It isn't a hot hatch anymore, it's a sports car through and through)

Shaneus

I finally managed to buy the No Limit tour pack, and I really need to vent.

Who at Evolution thought it was a good idea to put the R34 in the Performance class? Seriously, it's underpowered to the point where it isn't even fun to drive in a sort of David vs. Goliath sort of thing. The GT-R Generations event is a perfect example of this: in real life, a bone stock R34 vs. a bone stock R35, the R35 would eat the other for lunch. And don't get me started on how it is versus other cars in the class, especially the RGT-8, Challenger, and others.

I really hope that when Evo does indeed do a Ford pack, they do the right thing and don't do the inverse, where they put the 2016 Focus RS into the Hot Hatch class (It isn't a hot hatch anymore, it's a sports car through and through)
If I had to guess, I'd say it'll get moved pretty soon. They're usually on the ball with that stuff.

They have to. The Skyline itself is a really fun car to drive with how stable it is. It's power is what's holding it back.

It all depends on the track, in the rally it won around Los pelambres against the best in the class. As far as I'm aware they've never reclassified a car yet but they have tweaked the performance of them when people complain (like the rimac).

It all depends on the track, in the rally it won around Los pelambres against the best in the class. As far as I'm aware they've never reclassified a car yet but they have tweaked the performance of them when people complain (like the rimac).

Shannow, you have to admit that it is laughably underpowered and out of it's elements unless it's in certain circumstances. Compare it, in raw power, to the Camaro ZL1. Nearly a 250+ HP difference and god knows how much torque.

Shannow, you have to admit that it is laughably underpowered and out of it's elements unless it's in certain circumstances. Compare it, in raw power, to the Camaro ZL1. Nearly a 250+ HP difference and god knows how much torque.

Yup, I think the Enzo is probably in a worse position in the Hyper class and that hasn't been downgraded to Super. I guess some cars kinda fall between classes and will either dominate or be decimated depending on where Evo decide to place them. Power wise the Skyline looks to be a sports class but I doubt any other of the sports cars could beat the best performance cars no matter what track and conditions you select.

I think i got these challenges already except the quattro one. Did beat every single time of yours by 0,3-0,4 seconds so its basically the same order for the cars.

Yup, damn you! Had a crack at your Clio time (seeing as I didn't set it for very long) and I could get half a second up by the second sector but would still lose to your time in the final sector.

Yup, I think the Enzo is probably in a worse position in the Hyper class and that hasn't been downgraded to Super. I guess some cars kinda fall between classes and will either dominate or be decimated depending on where Evo decide to place them. Power wise the Skyline looks to be a sports class but I doubt any other of the sports cars could beat the best performance cars no matter what track and conditions you select.

The Enzo is probably another choice to be demoted as well.

xrnzaaas

I don't think they should change classes. Each class has a variety of cars... some are slow, some are quick, some handle perfectly, some like shit. Besides we can't expect that every new DLC car will instantly become the best in its class or close to that.

As for the No Limits tour, yeah, maybe it was too much to include the old vs. new GT-R duel in the main event as well, but it wasn't impossibly hard so I don't mind.

Sirenty

I didn't want to send these out as challenges to everyone on the list and potentially confuse non regulars into thinking these we for the weekly challenge but if you fancy a go and see how they compare for you then let me know and I'll forward the challenges to you.

I'd like to give them a try. I haven't played with the civic much.

DD

So a while back I ran a few comparison challenges to get an idea of how the best cars in the Super and Performance classes compared. The release of the Type R has upset the pecking order of the hot hatch class so I thought I'd do ten laps in each car on Old Town 1 reverse as well as do a straight line speed test to see how they all compare.

Here's my results

Screenshot_2016_02_29_19_19_31.png

I think the top 3 are pretty much as expected, if I don't use the Type R then I've potentially got 4 tenths to make up in the Megane or over a second in the Golf. Of course different tracks will vary the results, and I've put on the rankings for my times too to show which cars probably suited my driving style better.

More interesting was actually driving them back to back and feeling the differences - the golf understeers badly on the power so you really have to time it right to stop it pushing wide. The Audi is a car I usually avoid as it's too slow but it had a nice balance and four wheel drift, just a shame the engine doesn't have a bit more poke.

DLC cars are better than standard ones. Codemasters got so much crap for doing this with Dirt 3...

I don't think they should change classes. Each class has a variety of cars... some are slow, some are quick, some handle perfectly, some like shit. Besides we can't expect that every new DLC car will instantly become the best in its class or close to that.

As for the No Limits tour, yeah, maybe it was too much to include the old vs. new GT-R duel in the main event as well, but it wasn't impossibly hard so I don't mind.

The problem is that against all the other cars in it's class, the Skyline, unless in specific circumstances, lags behind the rest the majority of the time. So why not demote it to a class where at least it has a fighting chance?

The only thing the Skyline has is it's stability. I could deal with it's slowness if it at least accelerated at a mean slightly above class average, but it doesn't.

DLC cars are better than standard ones. Codemasters got so much crap for doing this with Dirt 3...

I can see this being a bit of a quandary for them - one of my old team mates used to bitch about the old dlc saying what's the point in having it if the cars are slower than the standard ones (I think this was around the Alpine was added) but then I remember when the Specialle came out and I was the only guy on the server with it and won by a country mile.

The problem is that against all the other cars in it's class, the Skyline, unless in specific circumstances, lags behind the rest the majority of the time. So why not demote it to a class where at least it has a fighting chance?

The only thing the Skyline has is it's stability. I could deal with it's slowness if it at least accelerated at a mean slightly above class average, but it doesn't.

I'd like to do a test, on a worst case track (Lake Shoji?) and a best case track (Salare De Surire?) against the best sports car (Rs5/DeZir) and the worst performance (suggestions?) to see how they all compare.

xrnzaaas

Maybe, maybe not... it's hard to say. My personal guess is that it would become one of the superior vehicles in the Super class, especially with its easy controls.

Maybe, maybe not... it's hard to say. My personal guess is that it would become one of the superior vehicles in the Super class, especially with its easy controls.

Maybe then it would get used. For now, the Skyline is only for people who feel like handicapping themselves.

danthefan

I've bought this recently and I'm doing the starter races. I've gotten to one in India where it starts raining as the race goes on and I cannot finish better than last, no matter how many times I try. Getting fed up, would love to really get into this game, I'm obviously very very bad at it :(

xrnzaaas

I've bought this recently and I'm doing the starter races. I've gotten to one in India where it starts raining as the race goes on and I cannot finish better than last, no matter how many times I try. Getting fed up, would love to really get into this game, I'm obviously very very bad at it :(

Have you tried switching to silver stars? They should offer significantly smaller challenge. Also if the weather is bothering you at this point you can focus on the events from the main tour (not Startline), because they don't feature any weather changes.

Top Bottom