• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PS Plus Edition Delayed by Server Issues

PBY

Banned
lol, yea happens every time.
First sign of trouble, people are more than ready to start a Jazz Funeral parade for a game.
I don't even think Sony/Evo gave a concrete release date for the PS+ ver, afaik.
Entitled people who play video games. Not to be confused with mature gamers.
Mature gaming sounds like serious business.

If can be both a shitty thing and not something worth losing sleep over. In the end it's really only hurting the game itself.

d9b

Banned
I don't even think Sony/Evo gave a concrete release date for the PS+ ver, afaik.
Entitled people who play video games. Not to be confused with mature gamers.
If you don't know and are not sure what you are talking about why do you feel entitled to make a post here?

I'm disappointed that there's no PS+ version yet as I was going to use it as a marker as to whether I'd upgrade to the full game but I'm not gonna have a meltdown over it.

Being wholly diplomatic though Evolution/Sony should really have been on top of the server situation. The game has already been delayed for nearly a year after being hyped as a launch title. That's enough of a sleight on a new IP's brand already without the current issues.

Again, I'm happy to sit on the fence and wait but I can understand why some are more upset.

If you don't know and are not sure what you are talking about why do you feel entitled to make a post here?

Sorry, didn't think entitlement = inarguable hard evidence to post a comment here.
And I don't feel like forum sparring with you over something so trivial; go pick on someone else.
I got 2 free games this month for my PS4, I'm not complaining.

So I wanted to buy Driveclub digitally. I don't want to wait and just play singleplayer mode. I don't mind the 10 bucks it will cost me more. I have a PS+ subscription and the store says 'not available'. WTF. Logged out and checked the store with my PC, game is available. Put in my basket, logged in -> "not available" for you. Sony. WTF? Since I have a subscription I am not allowed to buy the full game?! And not able to get the PS+ version and the Upgrade? Can anyone confirm this? I am talking about the german store.

FeiRR

Banned
So I wanted to buy Driveclub digitally. I don't want to wait and just play singleplayer mode. I don't mind the 10 bucks it will cost me more. I have a PS+ subscription and the store says 'not available'. WTF. Logged out and checked the store with my PC, game is available. Put in my basket, logged in -> "not available" for you. Sony. WTF? Since I have a subscription I am not allowed to buy the full game?! And not able to get the PS+ version and the Upgrade? Can anyone confirm this? I am talking about the german store.

Are you sure you're clicking upgrade, not the full version? Works for me but not German store.

satriales

I think if you have PS+ then they make the standard full version unavailable so you don't accidentally buy it instead of the cheaper upgrade.

Siegmeyer

It worked for me yesterday, UK store though.

Day 6. Crazy.

Sorry, didn't think entitlement = inarguable hard evidence to post a comment here.
And I don't feel like forum sparring with you over something so trivial; go pick on someone else.

Yet you come in here not knowing what you're talking about and whining about others? Great plan. There are people comaining all over the internet as we speak, will be a busy day for you.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, $50 for the upgrade. $60 retail or non upgrade

I really want to try online racing before recommending anyone purchase it. I'm pretty satisfied with the full game so far though.

I have PS+ and bought it for $49.99 directly on the US PS store on the PS4 on Friday. It took me a bit to find it. Did I just luck into finding it for the upgrade price? I think I found it in the PS+ section of the store.

mike4001_

I have PS+ and bought it for $49.99 directly on the US PS store on the PS4 on Friday. It took me a bit to find it. Did I just luck into finding it for the upgrade price? I think I found it in the PS+ section of the store.

Do you also need an US PS+ subscribtion for that ?

Or can I download with me EU PS+ subscription from the US Store?

Neil_J_UK

I really don't see this situation getting any better unless they do something to allow many more users to connect at once. As soon as people stop playing/Evo do something to allow all the paying users to connect, the PS+ free version will be released, bringing in hundreds of thousands more people.

FeiRR

Banned

It's the first icon in my local store but I know stores differ across regions because I also use the US store.

olimpia84

I got the monthly promotional email from Sony announcing their lineup of free PS+ games for this month and Driveclub is not in the email lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

EBreda

I think if you have PS+ then they make the standard full version unavailable so you don't accidentally buy it instead of the cheaper upgrade.

Wrong. I was stupid enough to buy it for 60 even though I'm a + sub. Store didn't even show me the $50 version. Never been able to connect even once to the servers. Sorry, this is unacceptable.

Huh, I was wondering why I couldn't find the PS+ version.

Why do people expect it to suddenly be available at the weekend? Surely the earliest would be when the store next updates.

IISANDERII

You can label people as entitled all you want. The 2 games you got weren't free and you were supposed to get 3. If you're fine with not getting what you paid for, then I'll label you as a pushover.

No one is saying you're not getting Driveclub, but considering I paid money separately for the game and cannot connect, why should someone who didn't pay for it get access and cause even more strain on the server?

You'll still get the game.

Because I still paid money for it, via subscription.

I paid money and have a subscription. Considering they are using a one in, one out method on the servers at the moment, the last thing I want is people who didn't pay money being ahead of me in the queue.

And you'll still get the game.

baconcow

I think this is not a server issue...They are just trying to make as much as money, because they dont trust their game's quality...As we see, some ppl who doesnt want to wait are buying it paying 50 bucks already...

To be completely honest, I opened the retail version because I was tired of waiting to demo the PS+ version. I had fully intended to demo the PS+ version, first.

I don't think Evo is doing this, or hope not, but it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility that the PS+ version is being held back to push sales. Their reasoning of server load makes no sense when they could patch the PS+ version to not access the server. It's not like I have access with my paid retail copy. I have been able to make a club and update the logo once. Apart from that, nothing.

No one is saying you're not getting Driveclub, but considering I paid money separately for the game and cannot connect, why should someone who didn't pay for it get access and cause even more strain on the server?

You'll still get the game.
If the developers don't want more strain on the servers they should pull the full game from the store as well until they fix the issue

Top Bottom