• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB The Drenched Forests of Canada

DieH@rd

Banned
Serious question- is it out of the realm possibility to remove the jaggies from the power lines? I don't know if the AA solution in the game is final, but the power lines are the legitimately the only thing holding back the IQ. Everything else is literally heads and shoulder above any and everything else.

Rushy already commented about the state of power lines in this thread:
Much improved in the latest build, these vids were done just after E3 :)

gameplay better be up to par
It looks like it will be very fun simcade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GghamGaMY_U

This needs to be their advertisement.

All you hear is the engine roar and see 10 seconds of this and then in a calm, British voice you hear: "this is not real life. This is not CGI. This is actual gameplay. This is Driveclub"

No music. Just a narrator, the roar of the engine, and that exact gif panning out to reveal the HUD.

"Create your own Club. [cut to gameplay on new track] Compete with friends against Rival Clubs [cut to online gameplay] Own the road, and earn your club fame [cut to social interface/clubs all around the world]. Driveclub. Exclusively on PS4"

Ok, I've finished the ad for Evolution Studios.

Sony, you can send the money to my usual paypal account :)

WEBM, Enable audio!

http://a.pomf.se/qzutfi.webm

xAniki88

Banned
Ok, I've finished the ad for Evolution Studios.

Sony, you can send the money to my usual paypal account :)

WEBM, Enable audio!

http://a.pomf.se/qzutfi.webm

throwing-money.gif

Damigos

Oh my...I cannot stop watching this. Is this actually gameplay or are they trying to fool us like Aliens Colonial Marines did ?

Azric

Banned
Anyone else getting a bit sick of Sony's lack of gameplay footage for all of their games? Game comes out in 3 months and we barely have official footage. Same for the Last of Us PS4.. Comes out in 2.5 weeks, and no gameplay at all.. It happened with MLB as well.. Barely any gameplay until the week it was coming out..Do they expect people to buy their game off of good faith or what? Seriously, these 10 second clips are beyond retarded.

foxbeldin

Anyone else getting a bit sick of Sony's lack of gameplay footage for all of their games? Game comes out in 3 months and we barely have official footage. Same for the Last of Us PS4.. Comes out in 2.5 weeks, and no gameplay at all.. It happened with MLB as well.. Barely any gameplay until the week it was coming out..Do they expect people to buy their game off of good faith or what? Seriously, these 10 second clips are beyond retarded.

You'll go far here.

Jimrpg

Where are all the gamers demanding for 60fps now? Seriously!

I was one, but to be fair I changed my mind once they showed that stuff before E3. Looks like serious contender for GOTY.

Maybe you want every game to be shown like Watch Dogs was and people were already deflated before it came out. I'm fine with them showing whatever they want and guess what. You don't have to biy games day one. Wait to see some reviews, impressions or videos from the general masses before making a purchase.

Azric

Banned
Maybe you want every game to be shown like Watch Dogs was and people were already deflated before it came out. I'm fine with them showing whatever they want and guess what. You don't have to biy games day one. Wait to see some reviews, impressions or videos from the general masses before making a purchase.

What does that have to do with anything? I want some actual gameplay clips, not some stupid 16 sec clip. We know pretty much nothing about this games UI, etc. TLOU in two weeks and they hyping the graphics and shit, and not one gameplay trailer.. seriously? It's like "buy it then see how good it is"... um no.

Theecliff

Banned
What does that have to do with anything? I want some actual gameplay clips, not some stupid 16 sec clip. We know pretty much nothing about this games UI, etc. TLOU in two weeks and they hyping the graphics and shit, and not one gameplay trailer.. seriously? It's like "buy it then see how good it is"... um no.
There were several race clips and new b-roll footage released for this nearly two months ago along with a bunch of previews, as well as new footage at E3 even more recently.

viveks86

Erm… There are several gameplay clips here, 3 of them are less than 2 months old.

+

Several E3 gameplay videos on Gamespot, IGN, Eurogamer and Gamersyde. A couple of them are direct feed released by Evo to the press.

+

There are at least 6 trailers released so far from the top of my head

+

All the Facebook teaser clips

I'm not going to bother posting links to all of them with the kind of attitude in your comments. Google for them, or search "driveclub" on GAF before ranting about the lack of "gameplay" videos. The only thing that hasn't been shown extensively is the UI. There's time for that.

If you have complaints against TLOU or Sony in general, take that to some other thread. It's off topic.

Lemondish

Actually, no. I prefer it this way. It's not like games disappear after a week on the market. I can wait until it comes out and watch others stream it.

There's a million different sources of information to see the game in action once it's out. Why present everything about the game before it even releases? Why is there such a desire to focus on showing things early? I can't think of any benefit of taking time away to polish huge trailers over finishing the game. For me, the perfect time to see videos is when I can go out and buy the damn thing the moment I'm impressed.

Not 3 months ahead of time lol. That's just fucking silly. I mean, I'm assuming you're speaking from genuine interest and not this new mock concern that seems to be all the rage these days.

I think they expect people to buy the game after they see it on the PSN or a million different websites that will have features and reviews. A single bullshot trailer won't do anything to make people part with their cash.

bombshell

Here, 2 official 1080p gameplay videos, 2 months old, happy?

http://e1.dl.playstation.net/e1/cam...club_Glenmorgan_DuskTillDark_PreOrder8OCT.mp4

http://e1.dl.playstation.net/e1/campaignsite/driveclub/Driveclub_Putre_Dusk to Dawn_PreOrder8OCT.mp4

Lemondish

I'm starting to think he's just trolling. There's seriously going to be a million sites running features and previews for both games when the release. Why is there such a fetish for day 1 anyway? Just watch someone stream it when it launches and you'll get a MUCH more accurate take on how the game actually plays.

I would greatly prefer that both teams focus on making the game rather than putting together some trailer that won't even look like the final product.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Looks fucking fantastic. This is why I cheered when they delayed the game. It looked like ass before and nothing like the e3 reveal.

T.O.P

Banned
Looks fucking fantastic. This is why I cheered when they delayed the game. It looked like ass before and nothing like the e3 reveal.

Yeah the playable demo from last year was absolutely awful

Compared to this, it doesn't even look like the same game

Putty

Doesn't matter if they release footage now or a week before it comes out. You can still only play on the day of release.

Top Bottom