• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB The Drenched Forests of Canada

Saberus

As stunning as this game looks I still feel evolution should have gone for 60 fps.it just makes a world of difference in racing games I been playing shift 2 on my friends PC and that runs at 60+ the whole time and feels awesome .

I don't believe the ps4 would have been incapable of 60 fps if they had toned down the effects a bit .a lot of the graphical effects being used in this game aren't needed in driving games .still their choice I guess Can we have a PC version by any chance evolution!

Quit posting stupid shit and the port begging...doh..

As stunning as this game looks I still feel evolution should have gone for 60 fps.it just makes a world of difference in racing games I been playing shift 2 on my friends PC and that runs at 60+ the whole time and feels awesome .

I don't believe the ps4 would have been incapable of 60 fps if they had toned down the effects a bit .a lot of the graphical effects being used in this game aren't needed in driving games .still their choice I guess Can we have a PC version by any chance evolution!

Shit posts aren't exactly scarce when it comes to DriveClub threads, but this one takes the biscuit. Looking aside the flagrant port-begging, why would Sony even put one of their first-party games on the PC?

King_Moc

Banned
Shit posts aren't exactly scarce when it comes to DriveClub threads, but this one takes the biscuit. Looking aside the flagrant port-begging, why would Sony even put one of their first-party games on the PC?

Well, it's not like they haven't before. Planetside 2 and H1Z1.

KoopaTheCasual

Blatant port begging is bannable on GAF. Please reevaluate your posting etiquette for the future, if you're still around.

pop_tarts

Well, it's not like they haven't before. Planetside 2 and H1Z1.

Though Sony Online Entertainment is a part of Sony, they are their own company and mainly work on PC games. It's not until now, have they actually been fully porting their games over to console ie. PS2, Ever Quest Next, H1Z1 (not OFFICALLY confirmed but they have shown interest) so Driveclub isn't SOE it's Sony's first part dev team.

A little history lesson I didn't know about either:
In April 1998, Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) was formed by merging parts of Sony Online Ventures with Sony Pictures Entertainment. Within a matter of months after this change, Sony Interactive Studios America was renamed 989 Studios. Towards the end of 1998, 989 Studios shifted its strategy to making only PlayStation console games. The company's computer game and online development branch spun off, initially named RedEye Interactive, and then soon after renamed Verant Interactive.

shandy706

I know they've said that, but if you watch the gameplay videos, you can clearly see a lot of it is still pre-baked. Eg, watch for tree's dynamically leaving shadows on your vehicle whilst in the exterior view. They presently don't. Oddly they do when in bonnet cam view.

On a side note, why does this other games discussion keep propping up here? Lol.

I agree with your last line.

As for the ones above it. As usual you try to find an exact moment in a video that proves your false point. I wouldn't even bother posting here, and arguing with you, as I think DriveClub looks gorgeous and is going to be a great racer.

However, you make a habit of trying to sway or push an opinion by using false information or attempting to downplay certain games with a small, specifically timed, example in a certain lighting where it is hard to detect the shadow being cast.

Since you like to come to conclusions without taking the time to really look...or even watch other parts of the video, apparently...let alone the 100s of other videos out there, I'll give you some .gifs from a crappy off-screen gameplay session that still manages to show shadows being cast across cars. The last .gif is great because it's easier to detect a thin/dense shadow with bright lighting around it than a large more transparent one from less dense trees.

In reality the shadow cast by thinner foliage isn't as dark as the thicker foliage shadow cast by a different tree type. Heck, it's even accurate in that the outer edges of the shadow (thinner foliage) is lighter.

I slowed them down since your extensive studies still have your eyes failing you.

ofidhq.gif

skzqtb.gif

qvcnvg.gif

Here, I'll slow it down even more in case you still missed it.

kpshfq.gif

As for DriveClub, it with out a doubt has more bells and whistles. I'd be completely confused if a closed circuit racer on better hardware didn't look top notch. Comparing the two as if they're attempting the same apples to apples type racer, is ridiculous and why I don't partake in that silliness.

I will call out attempts at false commentary and narratives.

The actual On Subject weather in the OP and DC is absolutely beautiful. Great stuff.

Jamesways

Oh, if only every racing game could be as good as the Forza games, right?

I mean since it keeps coming up in every single DC and pCARS thread over and over.

Please post more screenshots and gifs as why the Forza series looks/does everything better than both in every thread.
/sarcasm

It's sad the official comparison threads never get nearly as much debate and discussion...

shandy706

I mean since it keeps coming up in every single DC and pCARS thread over and over.

Please post more screenshots and gifs as why the Forza series looks/does everything better than both in every thread.
/sarcasm

It's sad the official comparison threads never get nearly as much debate and discussion...

Did you even read my post (if that's a response to it)? It is in absolutely NO WAY a comparison to DC.

DC looks better than horizon nearly across the board. Your reading comprehension must be on level with Nib's shadow seeing abilities.

T.O.P

Banned

/sarcasm

2402030-6117849252-HFEdN.gif

And what about really extreme stuff, like thunder and lightning?
Alex Perkins: Deafening thunder storms with flashes of fork lightning are what we’re aiming for. Our intention is to make this as immersive and exciting as we can.

Yes, I'll take it. Those clips look great.

Synth

/sarcasm

This recent round of Forza discussion began with someone posting a comparison gif in order to show Forza doesn't look as realistic. This was followed by countless Driveclub supporters enthusiastically talking about how much better Driveclub looks, and how Forza looks like a cartoon. Nobody seemed to have any problems with Forza being in the topic whilst they were mocking it.

TopHat

Neo Member
We're currently modelling each and every car's wipers one by one, making sure they move authentically and affect visibility like you'd expect them to.

Found that reply from Driveclub in the video's comments on Facebook. OMGsoEXCITED!

drotahorror

Sorry for bumping this thread but does anyone know a good wheel combination that'll run on both PS4 and PC for about $500? Need wheel/pedals/ and a shifter if possible (can do paddles if necessary).

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Sorry for bumping this thread but does anyone know a good wheel combination that'll run on both PS4 and PC for about $500? Need wheel/pedals/ and a shifter if possible (can do paddles if necessary).
I feel like there's a specific place to ask this question... That's not the Driveclub thread.

No I have no idea. Rabble rabble rabble.

Stillmatic

Can't believe after the footage Rushy recorded all we were shown by Sony were these two short clips from it. Incredible clips, no doubt, but I thought they would've released the full videos by now.

There's the T500RS as others have mentioned. Thrustmaster also unveiled the T300RS at E3. I'm not sure if it's been announced for the US yet, but there are some very positive impressions for it at GTplanet. They're saying that it's better than the 500RS.

WANT NEW MEDIA or footage or anything or even a bullet point or SOMETHING!

Rushy, please!

He's said that they have a lot planned of gamescom.

Jimrpg

I checked on this last week. Right now t500rs but that's probably out of reach for a lot of people's budgets.

Its just thrustmaster wheels right now, I'm really hoping they announce support for Logitech and Fanatec but Logitech has stopped making console wheels and they are the only ones that can make the drivers for the wheel, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I'm looking for a PS3, PS4 and PC forcefeedback wheel myself, and it looks like the thurstmaster t100 is the only way to go for now. But I'll wait and see what they announce closer to the date, because I'd much rather get the Logitech driving force GT which has a gear stick.

Top Bottom