• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR will be $19.99 for DC season pass owners

FelipeMGM

$39.99 for new owners

We’re proud to announce that Driveclub VR will be available exclusively for PlayStation VR on October 13 this year. The game will be available as both a physical Blu-ray release and a digital download via PlayStation Store. The digital download via PlayStation Store will be priced at $39.99.

Because Driveclub is and always has been about the community that surrounds it, we’ve also included a digital upgrade for existing Season Pass owners as of September 28, 2016, priced at $19.99.

The majority of the game was completed by Evolution, with the remainder carried out by a dedicated team comprised of Evolution Studio veterans, several of which now are also members of the WWS Immersive Technology Group — so you can be assured that Driveclub VR is in safe hands.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...er-13-upgrade-details-for-season-pass-owners/

PS Blog EU is more clear about the upgrade, dont know if EU only though

Because Driveclub is and always has been about the community that surrounds it, we’ve also included a digital upgrade for anyone who bought the Driveclub Season Pass before 00:00 AM BST on Thursday 29th September, priced at €19.99 (RRP).

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=781509082897195012&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

mclem

I was wondering if there would be some sort of offer, but it's still a bit of a pleasant surprise that there actually is!

Rainer70

The original game + season pass is $20 on PSN, so those that are interested in DCVR and don't have DC, you can get both for $40 (the price of DCVR for non DC owners),

J-Skee

It says as of September 28th though. So if I were to buy the Season Pass today, I wouldn't be eligible for the $20 price tag?

If they made it for owners of the game - they would need to make it digital purchases only - which would annoy even more.

Where as Season pass is digital so it is easy to manage.

If we lived in a digital only world I'm sure there would be a discount for Full Game purchases.

I was buying this anyway at full price so its a no brainer at the discounted price with over 100 tracks and 80 cars.

ImmutableObject

Neo Member
It says as of September 28th though. So if I were to buy the Season Pass today, I wouldn't be eligible for the $20 price tag?

This is what I'm trying to figure out. I am interested in purchasing driveclub so I can play it before Oct 13.

I live in Canada and right now with PS+ I can get the game for $7.49, and then the season pass is $17.49, so if the upgrade is $19.99 (or likely $29.99 in Canada) then I am only paying an extra $5-$10 and get both versions of the game. But I don't really want to purchase the base game and then still have to pay $50 CAD for the VR version.

Pif

Banned
Still gonna buy physical despite owning the season pass. I want to hold it in my hands.

Driveclub VR... thank you Evolution.

Rainer70

This is what I'm trying to figure out. I am interested in purchasing driveclub so I can play it before Oct 13.

I live in Canada and right now with PS+ I can get the game for $7.49, and then the season pass is $17.49, so if the upgrade is $19.99 (or likely $29.99 in Canada) then I am only paying an extra $5-$10 and get both versions of the game. But I don't really want to purchase the base game and then still have to pay $50 CAD for the VR version.

Hmm yea that'd be too bad if we missed the cutoff. Should've been till the launch of DCVR at least.

$19.99 USD translates to around $26.99 CAD according to Sony. We may get a price error on this and still get it for $19.99. Hopefully.
Also, no tax on PSN.

ImmutableObject

Neo Member
Hmm yea that'd be too bad if we missed the cutoff. Should've been till the launch of DCVR at least.

Looking at the EU blog:
Because Driveclub is and always has been about the community that surrounds it, we’ve also included a digital upgrade for anyone who bought the Driveclub Season Pass before 00:00 AM BST on Thursday 29th September, priced at €19.99 (RRP).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait, so you had to buy the season pass before today? Ugh.

Jenotron

Banned
I own Drive Club but not the season pass, they should really have gave us a heads up about this offer so we could get both the pass and upgrade. Two weeks notice at least.

We're essentially buying the VR update but not getting any of the season pass content now which leaves a sour taste.

andshrew

I own Drive Club but not the season pass, they should really have gave us a heads up about this offer so we could get both the pass and upgrade. Two weeks notice at least.

We're essentially buying the VR update but not getting any of the season pass content now which leaves a sour taste.

You've only had two years to buy the season pass (at various discounts throughout that time) if you were really interested in the content it added.

Aww hell, da fuq is this lol. A heads up would've been nice or did I completely miss it previously?

Think of it as a reward for those supporting the game along the way, rather than just a discount. That's what it is intended to be.

The price on both the full game and the season pass has been at bargain bin level for months now, you really have no one to blame.

So I sold my disc long time ago but I purchased the season pass. Is the VR version standalone or do I need the disc to profit from the discount?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Think of it as a reward for those supporting the game along the way, rather than just a discount. That's what it is intended to be.

The price on both the full game and the season pass has been at bargain bin level for months now, you really have no one to blame.
Yea that makes sense considering the people who bought the season pass actually funded this game most likely. Can't blame anyone other than myself in this scenario lol.

NewDust

From what I remember, in the "DCVR is coming for $39,99" thread it was heavily alluded to, if not straight up said there would be a discount for SP members.

So I sold my disc long time ago but I purchased the season pass. Is the VR version standalone or do I need the disc to profit from the discount?

DCVR is entirely stand-alone

wbEMX

As a side question: Does the new DCVR content also come to DriveClub itself? I won't get PS VR for now, but I'm interested in the new content.

Top Bottom