• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR will be $19.99 for DC season pass owners

If EVO still existed I would have bought it even though I won't be buying PSVR soon to show support.

Still my killer app, planning on getting PSVR but when GTSport also launches.

[Agent]ZeroNine;218514635 said:
Welp, all that's left is to find a PSVR.

Off topic: Has any info in regards to the PS4Pro benefits to PSVR been detailed yet?
It sounds to me like it will be a game by game basis. The Farpoint developer was interviewed recently on the subject and had this to say.

“Across the board, it’s more crisp. That’s because we are rendering roughly twice as many pixels. So absolutely everything will look clearer,” said Greg Koreman, co-founder of Impulse Gear, the studio behind PS VR exclusive first-person shooter, Farpoint. “We are using Unreal Engine 4. We’ve done a little bit of work ourselves, but overall it was a really smooth transition — and it’s not exactly a transition. We are supporting both PS4 and PS4 Pro. So it was very easy to do it.”

Impulse Gear decided for science fiction first-person shooter Farpoint to render the same assets as before, just at a higher resolution before pushing it to the 1080p lenses of the PlayStation VR.

The demo for Farpoint that Sony had on-hand at last week’s was the exact same level that Impulse Gear presented a few months before [E3 Hands-On and Develop: Brighton Hands-On,] except now it was running on PS4 Pro. What difference did the new hardware make? As far as I could tell, textures were definitely sharper and particle effects more discernible. The clarity of the image even helped gameplay as well.

“It’s important, for example, when you’re looking down the sights,” said Koreman. “You can see that much more detail at long ranges. That is a big part of playing a first-person shooter, being able to see and engage with the enemy. And having that extra level of clarity helps us out there.”

http://uploadvr.com/farpoint-developer-ps4-pro-ps-vr/

5taquitos

Wish we were given a heads-up, oh well, only getting VR version now.
They've said there would be a discount coming for weeks now, you just had to have been looking in the DC threads. There wasn't an official announcement, but we've known about it for a while.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they mentioned a discount on the official blog when it was first announced.

Jenotron

Banned
You've only had two years to buy the season pass (at various discounts throughout that time) if you were really interested in the content it added.

When the possibility of a Drive Club VR update was discussed as guaranteed to happen I stopped playing the main game, never finished it and so didn't make it as far as the season pass.

NewDust

Wish we were given a heads-up, oh well, only getting VR version now.

I own Drive Club but not the season pass, they should really have gave us a heads up about this offer so we could get both the pass and upgrade. Two weeks notice at least.

We're essentially buying the VR update but not getting any of the season pass content now which leaves a sour taste.

Checked it... They did... In August already:

Check out @Rushy33's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/766732860795551744?s=09

LpYlKyR.jpg

J-Skee

Bummed that I missed the cutoff date, but I hope Driveclub gets the resurgence it needs to bring it back into the public eye. An amazing game that unfortunately has a bad image attached to it. I just hope Sony actually markets it this time.

black070

Driveclub has to be the most satisfying purchase ever made - can't afford VR at the moment, but this is sure as hell going to be the first title I pick up whenever I do.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
20€ saved. It was day one for me. Beautiful. Since I had budgeted to spend that on DC VR, now to waste it on other vr games. Pity evolution studios didn't get the respect and plaudits for Driveclub that they deserve. A bargain at twice the price.

nikos

YEARS later, that Season Pass is still providing value. Really one of the best gaming related purchases ever.

Hmm... I still want a physical copy though... Decisions...

Ya, I'm torn on this too. A physical copy is only going to cost me $32, so it's only a $12 difference. I'm kind of tempted to jump on this deal now and then pick up a physical copy when it's discounted even further later.

JP

Seem to have been waiting ages to find out the amount of the discount for season pass holders but it was definitely worth the wait. Without a doubt the best valued season pass I've ever spent money on and knowing that a new tracks are also on the way is really impressive.

Very happy with this. :)

f@luS

More than a member.
w00t so cool

preordered at 20....

this + rigs are sure order for me

ill me checking around batman, battlezone as well for so nice for driveclub

As a side question: Does the new DCVR content also come to DriveClub itself? I won't get PS VR for now, but I'm interested in the new content.

The new urban tracks are coming as a free update to the original Driveclub, the new tour is VR exclusive.

This is exactly the price I was originally expecting, so fantastic news! This makes it an easy choice for anyone who already has DC.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Glad I got the SP in the sale for £5 the other week, not only for this but also because it is awesome in its own right,

TheBear

does anyone have a clear idea of what tours etc are in DCVR compared to OG?
For example is there any old season pass stuff in it? Probably won't get around to playing DC unless in VR

styl3s

How do you guys think it'll look on the PS4 Pro? Because apparently it doesn't look great on the regular PS4.
Driveclub? everyone who talks about Driveclub VR says it looks fucking amazing inside PSVR.

And Driveclub itself looks great on PS4.

King_Moc

Banned
How do you guys think it'll look on the PS4 Pro? Because apparently it doesn't look great on the regular PS4.

I think they confirmed no Pro updates.

Driveclub? everyone who talks about Driveclub VR says it looks fucking amazing inside PSVR.

Plenty of people here have said it looks pretty bad. Can't remember where, the EGX thread maybe.

A few EGX impressions said that the car interiors look great in VR, but everything outside of it isn't very good looking.

Top Bottom