• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR will be $19.99 for DC season pass owners

CaVaYeRo

Played this just yesterday with racing wheel. While the concept is obviously there, graphics were terrible, even with some added aliasing, on a standard PS4. Dunno how Pro will handle this, but as it is I wouldn't recommend this at all.

membran

I just stumbled across this early DriveClub VR Demo Footage on Youtube. Apparently, it's from the PSVR demo disc/download. Haven't seen it posted here. Still no reviews to be found for the game (apart from that DigitalFoundry Hype-Preview from August), when does the review embargo end?

Played this just yesterday with racing wheel. While the concept is obviously there, graphics were terrible, even with some added aliasing, on a standard PS4. Dunno how Pro will handle this, but as it is I wouldn't recommend this at all.

Have you played one of the PC VR racing games (AC/iRacing/pCars/Dirt Rally/LFS) with the Rift/Vive and can compare your experience to those? I'm currently having a blast with those and a SpaceWarp-enabled Rift CV1, though the Screen Door Effect (and general image quality even with supersampling) is a bit of a letdown even on CV1 (in racing, you tend to focus a point in the distance and this makes the SDE more noticable). PS:VR has lower resolution that Rift/Vive, but is said to have almost no SDE at all due to its RGB display.

Also, the DigitalFoundry Preview said the racing itself supposedly "feels" better in DriveClub than in the PC VR sims, "less artificial" or something to that effect. If someone could follow up on that statement, that'd be great.

Top Bottom