• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

SdHRN7q.gif

Snowing just in time for Christmas.

Phreak47

Season pass is $25. If you buy all the dlc separately, it adds up to $75

I bought the season pass day one, and for a while I was wondering if I'd regret it, but now I don't. It's great how all the new DLC just automatically installs on its own. The game is far better now than at launch and probably deserves a re-review from a site or two.

Tommi84

im so confused. if i want to buy this digital, do i have to buy the ps+ expansion for 40€?
Well, you can wait for your PS+ to expire and then buy the game for more, if this is what you want ;)

However, it was confirmed few times that even if you buy PS+ version and your PS+ expires, you can still play the game. There's no-brainer here. You can only save yourself few bucks :)

Sorry, can't remember off the top of my head, I usually have the weather on dynamic.
cantseeshit.gif
ipF0WvD.gif

wind blowing the clouds then the shower.
1bjdw9n.gif

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So how good is the livery in driveclub? Im guessing by the face we havent seen a neogaf themed car yet, it's not that deep?

you just choose from pre-set symbols, patterns, etc

and the selection is not particularly huge. most are very unique and well detailed, so it's like 30-40 different shields, maybe 50+ logos, all unique and hand-crafted... which is obviously looks better than having, say, 1000 stock images of symbols but also gives you less freedom.

basically, you can create amazing liveries but if you have a specific logo or design you want to create, it may be hard to make one that matches.

KidJr

Just got this on the weekend, played it and I thought it was cool, updated with weather patch and fuck me. It's a different game, some points it actually looks photorealistic to my eyes at least.

I mean there are a lot of things I think that they should be doing but maybe that'll have to wait to next gen. Overall really impressed can't wait to get online.

Okay... Yesterday i bought the Elements pack. The Driveclub servers were offline, but i could buy the pack.
Bought it, got an email that it was bought and payed for. But it's still locked... If i try to buy it again then it says i allready bought it.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Phreak47

Okay... Yesterday i bought the Elements pack. The Driveclub servers were offline, but i could buy the pack.
Bought it, got an email that it was bought and payed for. But it's still locked... If i try to buy it again then it says i allready bought it.

It may have not downloaded automatically due to the outages. I went through the same issue when this pack launched... PSN was still up but the problems were starting.

Manual download: go to your Library (far right on menu) and your games list, choose driveclub, find "My addons" by scrolling down on the right side. Hopefully it's on that list and you can select and download it.

In other news, here's a kid that just got killed driving a real Ariel Atom into an oncoming SUV. He should have stuck to DC? (*ducks for cover*)
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ite=nbcnews.com&cm_ven=nbcnews&cm_cat=Article

It may have not downloaded automatically due to the outages. I went through the same issue when this pack launched... PSN was still up but the problems were starting.

Manual download: go to your Library (far right on menu) and your games list, choose driveclub, find "My addons" by scrolling down on the right side. Hopefully it's on that list and you can select and download it.

In other news, here's a kid that just got killed driving a real Ariel Atom into an oncoming SUV. He should have stuck to DC? (*ducks for cover*)
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ite=nbcnews.com&cm_ven=nbcnews&cm_cat=Article
Thanx but i allready tried. It says installed there... So i have no idea what else to do.
Allready restarted, etc, etc.

Phreak47

Just got this on the weekend, played it and I thought it was cool, updated with weather patch and fuck me. It's a different game, some points it actually looks photorealistic to my eyes at least.

I mean there are a lot of things I think that they should be doing but maybe that'll have to wait to next gen. Overall really impressed can't wait to get online.

I just finished the main tour yesterday, 225/225. Now the four DLC packs await me. I think I'll mostly be playing the game for these and the challenges, time trial leaderboards, etc... and not so much of the actual online races, because they are just about always annoying shiv-fests. Plus I invested in a Thrustmaster T300RS + wheelstand pro for this, and it's a blast. Looking forward to Project Cars. I'm actually glad they delayed it so there's time for all this.

If you use a wheel, turn off the steering assist in the options, it makes a world of difference.

If you don't use a wheel, I recommend it.

Phreak47

Thanx but i allready tried. It says installed there... So i have no idea what else to do.

It may be that you need to connect to DC servers one time for it to finally activate? Unsure. I do know that I was able to install the packs last week and I did have access to them through the outage when I was getting "Driveclub servers offline" messages, but maybe that's because I was able to connect at the time I installed... (just a theory here)

Worst case, you uninstall/reinstall the game, but that sucks if it was a digital purchase.

The same happened to me, the psn needs to be online when your in DriveClub - click on the tour event and it takes you to a download page but starts virtually immediately when you click on it.

Phreak47

The same happened to me, the psn needs to be online when your in DriveClub - click on the tour event and it takes you to a download page but starts virtually immediately when you click on it.

Yeah, I would say, before doing anything wait until you can connect both to PSN and DC servers. The content will probably activate when that happens.

I can definitely confirm that once that is all done, you will have access to it even if everything goes offline again.

Tried that. Nothing happened. Both are online.
I even tried downloading a silly 75 cent pack to see if the elements download would be downloaded too.
But only the stupid 75 cent pack was downloaded.
Yeah, I would say, before doing anything wait until you can connect both to PSN and DC servers. The content will probably activate when that happens.

I can definitely confirm that once that is all done, you will have access to it even if everything goes offline again.
Unfortunately both are online.

Rushy

Activate PS4 as primary & Restore PSN licenses, that'll fix it.

23qwerty

So uhhhh, any plans for having snow in the Canadian tracks? Was driving through a very similar area with all the snow IRL and boooy would Driveclub be nice those tracks be nice with snow.

So uhhhh, any plans for having snow in the Canadian tracks? Was driving through a very similar area with all the snow IRL and boooy would Driveclub be nice those tracks be nice with snow.
Canada is set in 21st July, Wikipedja tells me there's no snow in the areas the tracks are in during that time!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I know it's been said before, but the lack of wheel support for the next gen consoles is SO fucking disappointing.

Still the reason I am avoiding this game. Glad its improved since launch, but I'll never touch it with a controller.

Kysen

I caved and picked this up for £25. The sense of speed damn. I used the ps4 media player in the background with RR4 music playing and went into a zen like state. For a console racer yeah the graphics are unmatched. Hopefully polyphony can get the sound and visuals on the same level as this game. My biggest issue right now is the car selection, I'm not really into European cars. Also there needs to be some city tracks.

I admit I was wrong when I panned the game at release.

AlfeG

Guys, if Ibuy this Driveclub Playstation plus upgrade, will I be able to play game, or I will need to wait when PS Plus version released?

Top Bottom