• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS producer says PC DS1 was rushed;No Vita;Explodes w/ laughter when asked about WiiU

I don't understand why they have to treat gamers like idiots though. Why can't they come out and say, 'we don't believe the Wii U or the Vita would provide the requisite sales to justify a port.'

They are required to do such things at a quarterly conference call if an investor asks, but why are gamers treated like children? I know we share this hobby with some of the dumbest people on the planet (go read youtube, twitter, reddit, steam forum comments, ad infinitum), but there are gamers who can process the information and deserve respect.

Because they want to be polite to the platform holders.
Not Nintendo though.

Daingurse

I don't understand why they have to treat gamers like idiots though. Why can't they come out and say, 'we don't believe the Wii U or the Vita would provide the requisite sales to justify a port.'

They are required to do such things at a quarterly conference call if an investor asks, but why are gamers treated like children? I know we share this hobby with some of the dumbest people on the planet (go read youtube, twitter, reddit, steam forum comments, ad infinitum), but there are gamers who can process the information and deserve respect.

I don't know man. I'd respect them way more if they were straight up with me. I don't like to be patronized. I'm a Vita owner who knows how the platform is selling, I get it. So don't tell me some stupid shit that makes no sense, PSO2 is on the Vita, a full fledged MMO. It's insulting, they don't want the game to bomb, just say it.

Reaction to the Wii-U is hilarious. The reasoning for no Vita version makes no sense to me, probably just want to avoid low sales.

Obviously the real reason is low sales and no potential for profit. But From actually has a solid relationship with Sony, hence the kinder response.

fred

Probably means the audience on Wii U is smaller than on other platforms and therefore not really justifiable for a release.

This is only going to get worse from Wii U as major third party support all by dries up within a year or two.

I'm pretty sure it isn't going to dry up completely. Once the installed userbase is there I think we'll see all major multiplatform games coming to the Wii U. Going to be interesting to see what the NPD figures are for this month.

It's also going to be interesting to see how Bayonetta 2 sells next year. Hardware sales will be boosted by the releases of Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8 plus whatever Megatons they've got up their sleeves for E3 next year.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Am I the only one that keeps laughing when reading the thread title? lol.

Explodes with laughter....man.

Grief.exe

I'm pretty sure it isn't going to dry up completely. Once the installed userbase is there I think we'll see all major multiplatform games coming to the Wii U. Going to be interesting to see what the NPD figures are for this month.

It's also going to be interesting to see how Bayonetta 2 sells next year. Hardware sales will be boosted by the releases of Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8 plus whatever Megatons they've got up their sleeves for E3 next year.

Historically, multiplatform games haven't sold very well on Nintendo consoles. Even first party software isn't selling particularly well right now.

Couple that with the significantly lower power, PowerPC architecture, and lower installed user base and I wouldn't expect too much third party support.

Yuterald

Videogame interviewers are so frustrating. Instead of asking about Demon's/Dark Souls on Wii U, why not ask them if they would ever consider making a Rune/Lost Kingdoms III game instead? Those were two fairly interesting Gamecube titles From developed "back in the day" that could work quite well on the Wii U (card deck on pad, etc.). What about grilling them on King's Field or one of their other untouched IPs they've been sitting on? In the minority here, but I miss the days when From was an underdog company and they released quirky titles left and right that no one played. I want some Eternal Ring/Evergrace/Lost Kingdoms-like alternatives for PS4/Vita/Wii U etc.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Soul Sacrifice: Constant connection.

Myriad of cross-play games with PS3: Constant Connection.

The vita can do this.

Dragon's Crown kills this argument pretty effectively as well since it has a similar drop in mechanic.

That said if a red phantom got lost... Damn. I cry.

I like how the best use of the gamepad is "menu".

Like, every game is the perfect fit because you can put the menu on the screen.

having access to everything without having to press a button, especially in games where you can't really pause, is great. Even in games like WW, it does wonders on pacing.

Cloudrift

Banned
If even the latest Super Mario can't make a dent in the Wii U sales, I don't know how Dark Souls 2 will. Still hilarious though with that burn.

Garcia

Wii U needs to get its act together. It's missing several opportunities to grow its own library of decent non-exclusives already.

The install base will never get there after PS4/XB1 become the norm.

Mr. RPG

From have no plans for a Vita version (“It’s not a handheld game, because of the network functionality.”)

That is strange, considering Hidetaka Miyazaki said the opposite. He said that the Vita would be a perfect handheld for a Demon's Souls experience.

Top Bottom