• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dual Sense Controller has over 2 million likes in just 2 hours on Instagram

larger install base, so idk why this would be a surprise?

ps2 also had a much larger install base advantage over og xbox than ps4 has over xb1 and look what happened with the 360.

surely you guys dont think this actually means a damn thing when it comes to the performance of these consoles over the next 7 years

Definitely could help indicate sales performance of the systems at launch.

Reactions: CJY

CJY

Banned
Nice article on The Verge about the new DS5.

In fact, you can look at the two controllers as almost emblematic of the approaches Sony and Microsoft seem to be taking with their next-generation consoles.

Microsoft wants the Series X to blend in seamlessly with the rest of its Xbox One and Xbox One X lineups. Accessories are cross-compatible, games will support cross-buy, and backwards compatibility of past purchases is a key selling point. The Series X will play the new Halo the best and offer the most impressive graphics, but your original Xbox One will play it just fine, too. The goal is a more refined version of the current experience — not a new one.
Sony wants to build something new
Sony, on the other hand, seems to want to pitch the PlayStation 5 as the next step forward. New games that won’t work on old consoles. New hardware features that will be exclusive to the PS5. Even things like the faster SSD are being touted as ways to unlock new types of gameplay experiences that weren’t possible on older hardware.

The DualSense controller’s new design and functionality encapsulates that goal. It’s an exciting first step into the future of gaming. Now... how about showing off that console, Sony? Or maybe even some games?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If it's so stupid, why are you in here?
Because people are using it to discuss the controller, despite there being several other threads already about it?

This forum is a mess; 5 threads on every topic.. same conversations happening... stupid shit like the "this thing got 2 million likes" thread being used to actually discuss tech, etc.

llien

I hope they'll have it in black.
And, actually, quite loving my aluminium silver PS4 + controllers.

larger install base, so idk why this would be a surprise?

ps2 also had a much larger install base advantage over og xbox than ps4 has over xb1 and look what happened with the 360.

surely you guys dont think this actually means a damn thing when it comes to the performance of these consoles over the next 7 years
Attributing to install base doesn't tell the whole story. Look at the likes to subscriber ratio between the PS5 and XSX controller posts.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You know how long it takes to buy 2 million likes? Like, 1 second.

When fans can get so hyped over a controller I doubt they need to buy any likes.

With that logic then all users on neogaf are Sony employees.

And so.. What?

Had to:

747405.jpg

Reindeer

Only console fanboys will brag about likes on a post about a controller...SMH. Console fanboys have to be the saddest bunch out there.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Dang you mad son. It's okay the XSX will sell well. MS will be fine.
So just because I left this comment on a PlayStation related thread means I'm pro Xbox? Lol, you fanboys are something else. You people live in a strange world where you think anyone who criticises your precious box is automatically a fanboys of an opposing box, SMH.

Reindeer

LOL can't hide your tears buddy
Dang, you still going on about this? Did I hurt you that much by saying something negative in a thread about a controller that you so previously adore? Like I already said, you people are very special lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom