• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dual Shockers Game of the Year goes to God of War

Nelsin

Banned
Damn Im surprised that its winning all game of the year from almost every site, while GoW fans complaining about the gameplay not like it use to be..... it shows you sometimes fans are full of bullshit and just wants to complain at things.

Last edited:
Damn Im surprised that its winning all game of the year from almost every site, while GoW fans complaining about the gameplay not like it use to be..... it shows you sometimes fans are full of bullshit and just wants to complain at things.

I honestly think the complainers were a very vocal minority. This game had near universal acclaim on top of tremendous commercial success

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Thankfully, the combat and gameplay in the new God of War isn't what it was (think Darksiders III) as it's vastly superior to the older games. The older games were great for what they were at that time but now, not so much. Franchise needed a change and it succeeded. Can't wait for the sequel on PS5!!!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
My choice as well.

And shoutout to DualShockers and Gematsu for being the best two gaming sites out right now. Everyone on here should read them daily.

Thankfully, the combat and gameplay in the new God of War isn't what it was (think Darksiders III) as it's vastly superior to the older games. The older games were great for what they were at that time but now, not so much. Franchise needed a change and it succeeded. Can't wait for the sequel on PS5!!!

The new Gow has good combat, but I don’t think it’s vastly superior to the older games. Also, I think the older games has some advantages over the new gow, but then the new gow definitely had improvements over the older games as well. Nonetheless, gow was really a good game imo and a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The new Gow has good combat, but I don’t think it’s vastly superior to the older games. Also, I think the older games has some advantages over the new gow, but then the new gow definitely had improvements over the older games as well. Nonetheless, gow was really a good game imo and a lot of fun.

The older games had great combat for it's time but they were what Darksiders III is now and when comparing it to the new God of War, I easily prefer the new God of War. Plus, it's over the shoulder third person as opposed to the old fixed camera that was used for the most part in those older games. They were great but the franchise needed to evolve in order for it to survive and it did just that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
GOW was absolute blast but for me DQXI, VC4 and Octopath were my highlights for this year.

Top Bottom