• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense V2 by Best Buy Canada - 12-hour battery life

This.

My launch Dualsense lasted around 12 to 14 hours already, after 3 years they still hold between 8 to 10 hours. I have the light set to dim and the other feautures (haptics and triggers) set to weak.
non accessible rechargable batteries in controllers are a joke. Say waht you want about MS but the fact you can use AAs in an xbox controller or easily pop in replaceable rechargable batteries is way more consumer friendly.

Can the batteries not be replaced in the original version? I've never had any issues with battery life, but I also don't do marathon gaming sessions.
Yes they can. I bought a busted DS for spare parts and buttons. My sons battery went dead within 5 hours of play. Swapped it out with the battery from the busted controller.

10 minutes is all it takes to take the 2 apart, replace the battery and put it back together.

Allthough there are 4 models. The 010 and 020 are almost identical with some differences in the triggers and internal layout.
The 030 and 040 are different beasts though. Way different then the 010 and 020 models.

V1 1st Gen = BDM-010 and BDM-020
V1 2nd Gen = BDM-030 and BDM-040

I wonder what number this will get.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

The first thing I bought after getting a PS5 was a Dual Sense charging station. For years and years, I've complained about shitty Dual Shock controller batteries because I was either too lazy to plug them in after playing or because the PS3/PS4 randomly wouldn't charge them (or way too slowly).
Not anymore. If you have a PS5 then don't cheap out, get a charging station. It will make your life so much better.

The first thing I bought after getting a PS5 was a Dual Sense charging station. For years and years, I've complained about shitty Dual Shock controller batteries because I was either too lazy to plug them in after playing or because the PS3/PS4 randomly wouldn't charge them (or way too slowly).
Not anymore. If you have a PS5 then don't cheap out, get a charging station. It will make your life so much better.
Eh I bought a USB-C cable and plugged it in the front of the PS5. It supports fast charge and I always plug it in When the battery is below 33%

KaiserBecks

Eh I bought a USB-C cable and plugged it in the front of the PS5. It supports fast charge and I always plug it in When the battery is below 33%

I'm way too lazy for that. When I'm done playing I put the controller on the charging station (no need to plug in anything) and that's it. It also has its own power supply so it doesn't have to use any ports.

Just get a higher capacity battery and build that into your controllers people, they are cheap and it's super easy. Both of my controllers have them built in and one controller lasts more than 12 hours, lol.
Mine are called PAXO or something but now there are even higher capacity ones and cheaper on amazon.

GHG

How in the hell is that battery not in the $200 DualSense Edge controller I bought?

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

So they can sell you the dualsense edge v2 obviously.

I was going to get one of the new sterling silver controllers but think I'll hold off for now.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
It’s extremely disappointing that they didn’t design the replaceable thumbsticks into this. This needs to be a new standard for all controllers.

Sony is smart. Release the PS5 in shitty White. Sell additional plates.

Release the dualsense and Edge with shitty batteries so you can release another version with higher capacity batteries.

But I'm smart too. Bought my plates from AliExpress and replaced the shitty batteries from my controllers on my own.😜

I don't give a fuck about this controller.

Just give me retro grey one.
67656.png

Last edited:

saintjules

My Controllers go back on the charging dock after each use. But maybe there's an incentive to use this if I am playing heavily based dualsense features in a game.

Roxkis_ii

Thanks, but not gonna visit amazon nor buy stuff there - fuck'em and fuck Jeff in particular.
But maybe I'll have a look in some other shops.
Need new batteries for my PSPs, DSs, Advance SPs Dualshock3s and Vitas as well, that's gonna be expensive...

Also not a fan of Amazon, so If you do find a trusted site for replacement batteries, do share.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
you bought a 200$ controller that doesn't have Hall Effect and shitty battery ...

you are a hardcore gamer. no one to blame but you lol

What hardcore ps5 player wants to give up adaptive triggers?

Last edited:

Metnut

Do you guys really have issues with the battery life? Just plug it in and it recharges.

I guess I only game in 2-3 hour sessions max and tend to take breaks or do other stuff afterward before playing again. If you’re playing so long in a single session that you drain the battery completely you might want to rethink your habits.

Fuck sake I just bought a red one, the battery is ultra fucked on my two white ones because I sit them straight on the charger after use. I'm guessing thats fucked the battery, you should only put them on it when they get to like 25% battery to preserve it I think.
Ahh so thats why my white DS is fucked getting even 3 hours is a herculean task for it.

Got stuck drift on the one that came with the console. It's really shit and unusable. Not sure I'll be buying anymore of these controllers until they fix the whole drift problem.

Got stuck drift on the one that came with the console. It's really shit and unusable. Not sure I'll be buying anymore of these controllers until they fix the whole drift problem.
I'm still waiting for my DualSense controllers to get stick drift, since in Poland we have already hall effect joystick modules and a bunch of shops which replaces the whole analog sticks for hall effect ones, the cost is around $38 per controller. So far it didn't happen yet.

But if so, I won't be buying Edge controller. I will replace analog sticks with hall effect joystick modules for sure- apparently there aren't any parts which rub against each other so no wear hence no stick drift. I'm curious if that's true. I will test that one out eventually- if any of my DualSense controllers gets stick drift.

Last edited:

Z O N E

It's the same battery capacity as the original model, so the "exceptional 12 hours" has to be some marketing ploy to get people to buy it:

Weitere Informationen Akkukapazität: 1650 mAh

Last edited:

Rac3r

It's the same battery capacity as the original model, so the "exceptional 12 hours" has to be some marketing ploy to get people to buy it:

Yea this is my suspicion as well. Plus the launch Dualsense was said to last “up to” 12 hours from what I remember. Doesn’t mean anything.

If this said 15 or 20 hours and had a higher capacity battery, I’d believe it.

So this is legit new MK2?
No. This is just a random listing error that has somehow been amplified.

We’ve had “V2” controllers since the black/red modes were released. You can tell if you have a new model by checking the FCC ID on the label. It will end with a letter on the newer model.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
No. This is just a random listing error that has somehow been amplified.

We’ve had “V2” controllers since the black/red modes were released. You can tell if you have a new model by checking the FCC ID on the label. It will end with a letter on the newer model.

But this one is actually called "V2". You don't have to check the FCC label. "V2" is in the product name.

Top Bottom