• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever: May 3 in NA, May 6 elsewhere [Trailer Added]

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
ZealousD said:
I don't understand how you could legitimately be excited for Duke Nukem Forever and not be excited for Bulletstorm.

Bulletstorm looks meh in every way, while Duke.. well, it's Duke, what more do you need?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Finally a "modern" shooter that I won't be able to beat in one day sitting.

and lol @ people bitching about graphics. Duke3D was released after Quake and Quake is a like next gen of graphics comparing to Duke. And nobody gave a shit.

But I have to say that 2001 trailer was better because it has shown a more diverse gameplay. It's like three-four games wrapped in one (and that's why it was delayed everytime, you've to cut on ambition somewhere). I think it's also very spoilerific (well, could be spoilerific).The levels shown in a new trailer are from these screens leaked last year so it's safe to show them to public (and they might be in the most polished state). So we might not see all interesting stuff. And that's good!

Ashodin

Now the question remains.

360, with rumble (main consideration), or PC, the way god, or a spaghetti monster, or the endless void had intended it?

and lol @ people bitching about graphics. Duke3D was released after Quake and Quake is a like next gen of graphics comparing to Duke. And nobody gave a shit.
Duke3D gave me one of the best 2D FPS of all time:

0.jpg

Kuran

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Now the question remains.

360, with rumble (main consideration), or PC, the way god, or a spaghetti monster, or the endless void had intended it?

Duke3D gave me one of the best 2D FPS of all time:

I'm sure the PC version will also have rumble if you plug in your 360 pad.

Ashodin

Kuran said:
I'm sure the PC version will also have rumble if you plug in your 360 pad.
Kudos to you if you got one, but all I have is a PS3 connection with libusb. Hasn't been working with rumble on games yet... or maybe I just haven't worked it out. Then again, I played Duke3D without rumble, so I can deal I suppose!

ZealousD said:
I don't understand how you could legitimately be excited for Duke Nukem Forever and not be excited for Bulletstorm.

The inclusion of GFWL dropped Bulletstorm down to a bargain bin pick up for me. If I have to buy PC games with bad drm and/or terrible services, I do so only at a significant discount. Also the fact that consoles get a demo while PC won't suggest they've got something they want to hide from the consumer. I like People Can Fly, I have fond memories of Pain Killer, but those are serious missteps on their, Epic's and/or EA's part.

Gearbox were kind enough to provide me with a demo for Duke Nukem Forever simply because I owned Borderlands before a certain point in time. Maybe EA/Epic/PCF could learn something from them. You extend the customer a little goodwill, it goes a long way.

Polk

ZealousD said:
I loved Painkiller as much as the next guy, but Bulletstorm does nothing for me. Maybe it's art direction, I don't know.

Darklord

Banned
ZealousD said:

It's like Commando vs Random Action movie. Yeah, the action movie looks nicer but it's fucking commando! Arnie, over the top action, one liners in every scene, a batshit crazy villain. How can you say no?

Yeah I'm just waiting on Bulletstorm to get cheaper after hearing about GFWL. I'm not some fanboy, but seriously that service is just such a hassle. Love People Can Fly but eh.

Duke it is.

onken

Yeah I mean how can I not buy this after all this build up, just not possible. Importing day fucking 1

playing day 5 ;/

MNC

Maxrpg said:
Kudos to you if you got one, but all I have is a PS3 connection with libusb. Hasn't been working with rumble on games yet... or maybe I just haven't worked it out. Then again, I played Duke3D without rumble, so I can deal I suppose!
If games support rumble, I get them with my PS3 controller (ie batman) I use motion2joy.

Does this game release on steam? Can't EU just import it on the 3rd?

eXistor

Polk said:
It's more like thrice length of regular fps games these days.
Nice, Conan will be pleased.

Not sure if I want a mindless fps to be 16 hours long though. As much as I think DNF is gonna kick ass, more than 10 hours would be too much. As a side note, I hope there are gonna be more Hollywood/earth levels and less alien levels, those didn't really do it for me in the original game.

Mr_Zombie

eXistor said:
Not sure if I want a mindless fps to be 16 hours long though. As much as I think DNF is gonna kick ass, more than 10 hours would be too much.
I all depends on how much variety there is. Was anyone bored by, for example, RE4, even though for the most part it was a mindless shooter? And that game, on the first playthrough, was longer than 16 hours (at least that's what I remember).

Xater

Mr_Zombie said:
I all depends on how much variety there is. Was anyone bored by, for example, RE4, even though for the most part it was a mindless shooter? And that game, on the first playthrough, was longer than 16 hours (at least that's what I remember).

You suck at RE4? ;) I don't know how slow you have to play to get over 10 hours. Seriously action games that exceed 10 hours are really rare these days.

IoCaster

Nice trailer. Good to see this is finally coming out. Hoping we can get a Steam pre-order deal.

It's really odd to see people talk about playing an FPS on PC with a gamepad/controller. :|

Raide

Just having Duke back means this game will be worth playing. I am getting bored of overly seriously military shooters, so its time to bring over the top ass kicking back to gaming. I hope it sells well but I expect it to only sell to serious fans of Duke.

I can still remember when I was 10 years old, walking into Babbages and seeing the Duke Nukem 2D shareware disc for $4.99 at the register. I spent my whole allowance for the week on it.

I took it home and played it to death (looking over my shoulder to see if my parents were around).

Amazing experience and I got to see animated boobs every time I hit the space bar!

Now 25, I will be getting DNF day 1. It is pre-ordered on Amazon for release date delivery.

Xater

I wonder when the Duke demo will hit the general public. Now I know the release, but I still want to give it a spin ASAP.

S1kkZ

GBX_AdamF said:
Our trailer has gone over 1 million views in 48 hrs. :D

Thanks for the views and support. Great to see so many Duke fans out there.
congrats! when can we expect the demo for the guys that bought borderlands goty?

damn xater, get out of my head!

EVH

Is that Rise of the Triad? I remember playing that game as a shareware version. It was loads of fun.

Combichristoffersen

Fallout-NL said:
A fitting description.

And yes, I long for a proper sequel to Blood. I think Warner Brothers owns the IP now?

Yeah, apparently WB owns it. And I'd love a sequel to Blood, but I guess we'll never get one :(

Xater

Combichristoffersen said:
Yeah, apparently WB owns it. And I'd love a sequel to Blood, but I guess we'll never get one :(

A Blood reboot would work for me. WB own the Ip and Monolith so why the hell not? :)

Combichristoffersen

Xater said:
A Blood reboot would work for me. WB own the Ip and Monolith so why the hell not? :)

After what the dickwads at Monolith did to the franchise with Blood 2, those are about the last people I'd ever want to let near the Blood IP again. Fuck 'em :( Sell the IP to Gearbox and let them make a new Blood.

Xater

After what the dickwads at Monolith did to the franchise with Blood 2, those are about the last people I'd ever want to let near the Blood IP again. Fuck 'em :( Sell the IP to Gearbox and let them make a new Blood.

They have done some other great stuff though. It doesn't make them unredeemable in my book.

Talamius

Not satisfied unless:

1) the Megadeth cover is the title/menu theme

2) the ESRB rating takes up the entire rear of the box

Combichristoffersen

Xater said:
They have done some other great stuff though. It doesn't make them unredeemable in my book.

They made/published Claw, and I guess they did a bit of work on the first Blood, but other than that they haven't done anything I really care about :|

Xater

They made/published Claw, and I guess they did a bit of work on the first Blood, but other than that they haven't done anything I really care about :|

WOW. The No One Lives Forever games are classics.

Top Bottom