• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara |OT| Wel-Wel-Wel-Welcome to the D&D world!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Trying to decide between PC and PS3.

I saw a bunch of complaints about unreliable/crashy online for the PC version. Has anyone had similar problems on the ps3?

Syril

I just played the demo to the game and it was fun, but jumping with Circle and attacking with X was weird. I'd like to assume like IG's other ports the buttons can be reassigned. So yeah, default controls aside I can see myself picking this up soon.

Yeah, you can reassign them, though it's limited to the original arcade controls. It would have been nice to see it taking advantage of a modern controller by setting the shoulder buttons to things like guard or desperation attack or selecting inventory items by pointing at them with the joystick since it's already a ring menu. The retail Japanese version seems to have actions that you can set the shoulder buttons to at least.

GhostSeed

Does the PSN version work with a HRAP stick?

It works fine with my Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA.

Deadpool940 said:
I just played the demo to the game and it was fun, but jumping with Circle and attacking with X was weird. I'd like to assume like IG's other ports the buttons can be reassigned. So yeah, default controls aside I can see myself picking this up soon.

You can map any of the buttons.

slayn said:
Trying to decide between PC and PS3.

I saw a bunch of complaints about unreliable/crashy online for the PC version. Has anyone had similar problems on the ps3?

I've played through Mystara twice online on PSN and I was kicked out to the lobby once but everyone was still there so we just restarted that stage.

Just played about 30 min recently. I think it's gonna be madd fun with friends once I convince them to buy it. GGs to Pepsimanvsjoe. I have no Idea why I lagged out like I did *Shrugs*

Just played about 30 min recently. I think it's gonna be madd fun with friends once I convince them to buy it. GGs to Pepsimanvsjoe. I have no Idea why I lagged out like I did *Shrugs*

I've no idea what's going on with my connection. Steam sez it's offline but I'm apparently posting in this forum just fine.

EDIT: Ohhhh. Steam is down. No wonder.

Edgeward

blah, steam goes down as I get to stage 8. =(

Had a 4 player pub going, not much issues. Little hiccups every now and then but overall pretty good.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I have a friend that put a preorder down for the PS1 version of this collection back in 97. Its been a long time coming.

Whoa check it out.

5 player-mode!

size matters said:
iXyBJgXywQFHj.jpg

Seriously though I dunno how five people managed to get into a lobby. We couldn't start the game anyway.
There's gonna be more Steam maintenance real soon. Hurray..........

Terrell

The capcom brand manager on the stream said the wii u version is coming "shortly after" the 360 release. No idea what he means.

It means Thursday with all of the other eShop releases, probably.

Greatly looking forward to this. My vocal and universal praise of these games know no bounds.

Glix

I wish we could see the hard numbers on stuff like this.

With MAME and all, I find it super interesting.

fionel

If there's one thing I wish they'd fix with this game, it'd be the input latency of doing a knock-back attack by holding the attack button. It was too short in the arcades where even veteran players could easily do that attack by mistake. It was really annoying.

Though I loved SoM to death, I played the shit out of this game and the well has run dried for me pretty much. However I am still excited to see what new play styles can come out from the house rules and other new features.

cj_iwakura

Worse case scenario, I'm content with this as an offline experience as I have friends who I can play this with locally, but online? Sheesh.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Any more impressions of the online (PSN version specifically)? cj's reports of freezing and bad netcode are putting me off a bit.

Edgeward

I once had someone join that slowed my game down a ton but once he left the rest of my experience has been pretty smooth.

Netplay on pc does a good job, doesn't create miracles though

Dev1lZ

Banned
Once upon a time I used to import Saturn games from Diehard Gamers Club.

I had awaited this release for years at that time.

My friends were begging me to preorder it, which I did.

Game came in, I called and cancelled it thinking that the US version would drop soon thereafter.

It never did.

They also never got another shipment of it either.

This and Radiant Silvergun were my biggest gaming blunders, where I made the same mistake twice.

cj_iwakura

Any more impressions of the online (PSN version specifically)? cj's reports of freezing and bad netcode are putting me off a bit.

Having better luck with another team. I was playing with someone from Canada before, and it was nigh impossible.

It's better now for sure. Still iffy, but playable.

Control in Tower of Doom is a bit sloppier compared to the Saturn import version (I haven't played the arcade version in a long time, so I can't comment there).

Still perfectly serviceable, though...don't let this deter anyone from getting the game. Haven't played the Shadow over Mystara port yet, but I imagine similar loose control.

bought the PS3 version (I'll probably double dip with the steam version when I have a little more money.).

DS3's d-pad is tosh...but its better the 360's IMHO.

Once upon a time I used to import Saturn games from Diehard Gamers Club.

I had awaited this release for years at that time.

My friends were begging me to preorder it, which I did.

Game came in, I called and cancelled it thinking that the US version would drop soon thereafter.

It never did.

They also never got another shipment of it either.

This and Radiant Silvergun were my biggest gaming blunders, where I made the same mistake twice.

I did something similar. The Software Ect... in the mall where I live briefly imported Saturn game (who knows why) before they were bought out by Gamestop. I purchased my copy of Castlevania: SotN from them. They happened to have Radiant Silvergun (thjey were selling it for $60)...should have bought it then. I did eventually get a copy, my fiancee, while she was studying in Japan, bought me a copy (love you, hun <3). One of the local game exchanges, though had a new copy of D&D collection, which I did grab. I've already put many hours into these games. It's a nice change to play them in English, though. :)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Couldn't get the game to work on my laptop, but it's working great on my desktop. It's still good fun, just like I remember the game. Steamrolled through Shadows of Mystara, and it was fun. I'm really glad that there are unlimited continues because I died a lot. Still love the Tireless Warrior and the Mistress of Magic. My only complaint is that the visuals look a bit blotchy on my monitor. Other than that, good times were had. =)

Can one use an arcade stick for this via the steam release? If not I'll probably get the PSN version. Have an Eightarc fusion if it matters.

L Thammy

Can't get this until my new credit card arrives. How is the replay value on this? I know there's multiple routes and secret items, but is it tracked anywhere? Is there anything to unlock?

15 Smackeroos... That's a bit pricey.

I'll wait till I can get it for 5 bucks. Looks good though. Previously played it on MAME. Will buy when the price is right.

jackal27

Banned
I'm almost certain this comes out on Thursday for the Wii U... The day I take my students to summer camp... Uuuuuuugh.

What are some of the differences between the 2 games by the way?

Top Bottom