• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Dunkey] Revisiting The Last of Us

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Fantastic video. This guy gets it.

And wow at the fucking comparisons of cutscenes/dialogue in this game versus other games. A fucking shame on the industry. An embarrassment really. Glad Ghosts of Tsushima got called out for such stale dialogue.

Please explain.
Did you watch the video?

And wow at the fucking comparisons of cutscenes/dialogue in this game versus other games. A fucking shame on the industry. An embarrassment really. Glad Ghosts of Tsushima got called out for such stale dialogue.

Did you watch the video?
Lol, the whole video is talking about revisiting the game, not necessary remaking the game. What he said is 100% true for the PS3 and PS4 versions.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
He compares the remake to a "very excessive, very expensive but cool to have 4k Robocop blu-ray collector's edition." I kinda get it, but I also think a game remake takes a lot more resources than a blu-ray movie. I find the remake to be unnecessary and a waste, but it's up to the individual to decide if they want to buy it.

Represent.

PT

No competition.

PT.
Horizon Forbidden West.
Cyberpunk 2077 PC
Demon Souls Remake
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
I can continue if you would like. But keep showing your ass, playstation warrior.
None of those games look better. On par? Sure. Not better. None of you have played the game. It shows

Yall really listing PT... a discontinued nearly decade old PS4 demo.

And expect to be taken seriously? lol

Last edited:
None of those games look better. On par? Sure. Not better. None of you have played the game. It shows

Yall really listing PT... a discontinued nearly decade old PS4 demo.

And expect to be taken seriously? lol

A mindless fanboy in denial. Never before has there been a more perfect pair.

And if you have to go with the tired "You never played the game" shtick, then no one is going to take *you* seriously, kiddo.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
play the game. It looks better than Part II which was already one of the best looking games ever.
It doesn't look better than part 2.
It is higher res and got higher models quality but does not look better as a whole.
That said, it looks amazing and is worth buying

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The one thing I liked about the video was showing how natural the dialogue is versus other games, where it’s like watching two people delivering lines to each other.

Looking forward to playing this again on PC.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

It makes sense for some games like Mass Effect. You can’t exactly have nice cutscenes for the thousands of potential conversations. But yeah its odd so many games have stilted dialogue and even bad/nonexistent camerawork. Even Metal Gear Solid 1 still has better directed scenes of two people talking than a lot of modern stuff and those characters didn’t even have face textures!

Actual cuts & camera movement! Crazy concept. Its not realistic to expect every little quest NPC in modern games to have this sort of thing, but even the main story cutscenes lack good direction.

My guy, you think PT is one of the best looking games ever. Its a 10 minute discontinued decade old PS4 demo. Go sit over there.

If youre gonna list a PS4 game at least use an end of gen game like Ghosts or TLOU 2.

Or The Order if youre going for mid gen releases.

PT. lol
PT used a engine that produced photo realstic graphics. PT looked far better then Ghosts or TLOU2.

Yes, PT is one of the best looking games ever, but if you can't see that because of your fanboyism then that's just silly.

EDIT: Sorry mods I went a bit too far on the rhetoric. Edited.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I like P.T. like most who played it, still have it installed on my PS4...

But...

It was literally a small L shaped hallway. Not even a comparison in scope.

Intelligent design, however.

Represent.

PT used a engine that produced photo realstic graphics. PT looked far better then Ghosts or TLOU2.

Yes, PT is one of the best looking games ever, but if you can't see that because of your fanboyism then that's just silly.

How am I the fanboy when you can’t even admit TLOU2 and part1 are fantastic looking games? Some of the best ever.

And if you can’t see the difference in scope/scale/size between the 2 games then there’s no point going back and forth.

Last edited:

Three

It looked great, but only because it's just a corridor.

Did you watch the video?
What was wrong with GoT's dialogue? It wasn't stale at all. Do you want Japanese people from the 14th century to speak completely fluent 21st century English? Even when you play with Japanese audio, it fits exactly what you would think a proper culture would sound like back then. There's also nothing wrong with having a stoic main character either.

Top Bottom