• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkey's Anti E3 2022

You shut your filthy mouth.

DiQF.gif

Madflavor

I mean maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but I'm happy with what's on the horizon...

• FFVII: Rebirth
  • FFXVI
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Resident Evil 4: Remake
  • Starfield
  • God of War: Ragnarok
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Baldur's Gate III
  • Knights of the Old Republic Remake
  • Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
  • Wo Long: Fallen Destiny
  • Black Myth: Wu Kong

This is just to name a few that I'm excited for, so I'm not gonna act like the sky is falling.

I mean maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but I'm happy with what's on the horizon...

• FFVII: Rebirth
  • FFXVI
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Resident Evil 4: Remake
  • Starfield
  • God of War: Ragnarok
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Baldur's Gate III
  • Knights of the Old Republic Remake
  • Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
  • Wo Long: Fallen Destiny
  • Black Myth: Wu Kong

This is just to name a few that I'm excited for, so I'm not gonna act like the sky is falling.

I think for some here and Dunkey included, it's less about what's on the horizon and more about how things were presented. Most of us are semi-aware of some of the great stuff coming, but the big presentations missed a lot of gems(some small, some really big), in favor of letting people search around for them instead. Again Geoff has shown that he knows how to do a trailer showcase with The Game Awards so it makes little sense that his Summer Games Fest showing ends up so...lacking.

Also, the pacing was very off. He started with a bang of good stuff and then the show fizzled out rather quickly. Him and his team need to keep working on it because it should be a presentation that excites more than it currently does.

Madflavor

I think for some here and Dunkey included, it's less about what's on the horizon and more about how things were presented. Most of us are semi-aware of some of the great stuff coming, but the big presentations missed a lot of gems(some small, some really big), in favor of letting people search around for them instead. Again Geoff has shown that he knows how to do a trailer showcase with The Game Awards so it makes little sense that his Summer Games Fest showing ends up so...lacking.

Also, the pacing was very off. He started with a bang of good stuff and then the show fizzled out rather quickly. Him and his team need to keep working on it because it should be a presentation that excites more than it currently does.

I can understand that, but I think also I'm just not a Dunkey fan. I just get rubbed the wrong way by him and his fanbase.

There's this weird thing where if Dunkey makes a point about something, you see these upvoted comments about how Dunkey is the one true gamer who's the only content creator willing to call out the gaming industry. As if everyone else who does it no longer exists. Then on the flip side when he has a bad take or says something flat out wrong, he's neigh immune to criticism, because he's the Funny Man, and you're not supposed to take him seriously.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I can understand that, but I think also I'm just not a Dunkey fan. I just get rubbed the wrong way by him and his fanbase.

There's this weird thing where if Dunkey makes a point about something, you see these upvoted comments about how Dunkey is the one true gamer who's the only content creator willing to call out the gaming industry. As if everyone else who does it no longer exists. Then on the flip side when he has a bad take or says something flat out wrong, he's neigh immune to criticism, because he's the Funny Man, and you're not supposed to take him seriously.

Yea, he is a shithead. People like to play up that Asmongold is terrible, but I would argue Dunkey is at least 3x worse.

On point, if this is the replacement for e3, we are royally fucked.
People keep saying this but it's not the actual problem. If E3 ever returns and some of you here start treating it like a hero finally returning, you're going to have a harsh reality check.

GymWolf

People keep saying this but it's not the actual problem. If E3 ever returns and some of you here start treating it like a hero finally returning, you're going to have a harsh reality check.
Still better having all the news from one place condensated in 4-5 days with sony doing their separated thing than having this fragmented shitshow or dorito dude cringefest.

Still better having all the news from one place condensated in 4-5 days with sony doing their separated thing than having this fragmented shitshow or dorito dude cringefest.
Exactly right, which is why Geoff needs to have more business meetings(especially with Nintendo) to tighten things up a bit and also work on his show more.

GymWolf

Exactly right, which is why Geoff needs to have more business meetings(especially with Nintendo) to tighten things up a bit and also work on his show more.
I can't stand his cringy ass so i prefer a show not related with him, i give 2 fucks about having heavily payed bored Vips to read me who won a stupid ass award.

I can't stand his cringy ass so i prefer a show not related with him, i give 2 fucks about having heavily payed bored Vips to read me who won a stupid ass award.
To me the worst part is the twitch streamers/gamers who should know something at least... they're useless and uninteresting.

Company reps are part of the deal for these things, so I can live with that, even if I would prefer just someone talking a bit then playing some trailers/show gameplay.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon, so because of that the best you can hope for is that he improves both of his showcases as much as possible. At least Summer Games Fest cut out the award stuff during their big show this year. Minor thing but an overall improvement to the point where I don't think many here noticed.

To me the worst part is the twitch streamers/gamers who should know something at least... they're useless and uninteresting.

Company reps are part of the deal for these things, so I can live with that, even if I would prefer just someone talking a bit then playing some trailers/show gameplay.
It's because variety streamers(people who play more than one title) don't really thrive much on twitch, and the few that do are either too much of a brand risk or are simply playing the popular social game of the week. However, those same streamers get clicks so that's why they're invited, even though they don't know or don't care about what's going on. That wasn't exclusive to Keighley's shows though. EA, Activision, and Ubisoft were doing the same thing just a couple of years ago.

Salz01

It is a little bit sad to see E3 die out. There have been some epic game announcements and moments at previous E3s. Something that just can’t happen when you just release a trailer on a YouTube channel.

TVexperto

It is a little bit sad to see E3 die out. There have been some epic game announcements and moments at previous E3s. Something that just can’t happen when you just release a trailer on a YouTube channel.

I never really understood why geoff or scheisser keeps shitting on E3, it was always a great celebration and get together of gaming and there were many great announcements and memories that happened there. summer games fest is nothing compared to that.

Krathoon

I forget. Was Twilight Princess a Wii game? I think so, but it did not use the Wiimote the way Skyward Sword did.

Krathoon

Did they stop doing the Nintendo Treehouse stuff? They used to do this friendly stuff like that and the Nintendo Minute.
I guess new management stopped that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yes. They seemed to change the faces this time. I have not played them in a while, so maybe it is just me.

xenoblade-chronicles-defnitive-adition-melia.gif

nia-xenoblade-chronicles2.gif

Masatsugu Saito from XC2 is returning as the main character designer.

FTnVprYXwAAKK15.jpg

Last edited:

Krathoon

I got this key for that Obduction game by the Myst guys. It was a little dodgy. It had Kickstarter extras on it. I guess someone from the Kickstarter sold it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Better late than never. I watched all not! E3 2022 streams so now you don't have to. Well, it's not really called E3 this year, but we all know it's basically E3. As always, I present you only the worst cringeworthy moments of this years gaming showcases.

Top Bottom