• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuskGolem: Clock Tower series getting a reboot from Sunsoft and WayForward Technologies

Draugoth

Gold Member
Clock Tower, the classic series of survival horror games that spawned a quadrilogy in the 1990s/early 2000s, and two spiritual successors, Haunting Ground and NightCry, is getting a reboot according to Silent Hill and Resident Evil leaker Dusk Golem and a ResetEra insider. Golem is strongly hinting at WayForward Technologies (Silent Hill: Book of Memories, The Mummy Demastered) as the developer behind it.

sourcer=

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
THEY ACTUALLY DIDN'T ANNOUNCE IT HERE

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

Astral Dog

Im still patiently waiting for that Resident Evil Revelations 3 project Dusk Golem teased years ago,that it was about to be revealed any moment now ☠️

StueyDuck

Is this dusk golem who said "silent Hill is coming made by Sony Japan and released apparently 3 years ago'"

Then backpeddled on everything when it was caught out and just shifted the blame on another reeeeee who started the rumor

The same dusk golem that lied about RE performance on a console so as to feed into console wars because he didn't like the current narrative.

The same dusk golem that cries like the biggest little bitch every time his rumors flop that aren't RE based then squeals he'll never leak again only to chase clout and make up rumors a month later

Is this dusk golem who said "silent Hill is coming made by Sony Japan and released apparently 3 years ago'"

Then backpeddled on everything when it was caught out and just shifted the blame on another reeeeee who started the rumor

The same dusk golem that lied about RE performance on a console so as to feed into console wars because he didn't like the current narrative.

The same dusk golem that cries like the biggest little bitch every time his rumors flop that aren't RE based then squeals he'll never leak again only to chase clout and make up rumors a month later
As a Silent Hill fan, that shit was soul crushing. We still got Silent Hill coming back though

Last edited:

There's 3 ways to look at this:

1) Whoever his industry connection is, knows he's leaking and has been feeding him half truths(Like the Silent Hill one).
2) Whoever his industry connection is, was a part of certain secret meetings, told him about the meeting/deal off record, then days later the deal fell through right after Dusk Golem leaks it, making him look really bad.
3) Dusk Golem once had an industry connection that had some pretty good leaks years ago, however he lost this connection but is still trying to seem like the popular leaker online. So he'll make something up that seems reasonable enough to possibly be true.

The reason I bring up 1 or 2 is because there's been tons of stories about certain game projects, remakes, or re-usage of old I.P. that will come out 10 or 20 years later with corresponding concept art, documents, or alpha footage.

It's a graveyard of broken dreams.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Was this dude ever right?
When it comes to resident evil and Capcom he's usually right, obviously a dev is a friend.

But anything that is outside of that he's been iffy at best and that's being generous. Probably tries to grift from random tweets he gets like most of these false profits do the moment they get a tiny bit of fame for getting something right

Last edited:

DosGamer

Was this game on the PS1 orginaly? I remember a game where there was a guy chasing you and you had to hide in rooms from him. The first one was really fun, if this is the game I remember.

This can only be good news as Clock Tower is regarded as one of the more underrated survival horror franchises released. I'm curious, did anybody here play Clock Tower 3, the cutscenes were done by the same man who directed the violent Battle Royale movie.

Clocktower_3.jpg

Was this game on the PS1 orginaly? I remember a game where there was a guy chasing you and you had to hide in rooms from him. The first one was really fun, if this is the game I remember.
Super Fami. The first clock tower we got on PS1 was Clock Tower 2 in Japan

Last edited:

kunonabi

This can only be good news as Clock Tower is regarded as one of the more underrated survival horror franchises released. I'm curious, did anybody here play Clock Tower 3, the cutscenes were done by the same man who directed the violent Battle Royale movie.

Clocktower_3.jpg
The first couple stalkers were awesome because of how beautifully unhinged they were but the overall story is kind of eh and the magical girl thing is a real acquired taste. Still better than Ghost Head.

Last edited:
Top Bottom