• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DX11 Real-Time Raytracing Tech Demo Running on a i7 + Radeon 5870

sinxtanx

A form of ray tracing will definitely happen this coming gen and will be possible using some form of combined cloud\grid computing + console technique.

You thinking about Gaikai? Because Gaikai could likely provide this for Sony games. Games would have to run entirely on the server, though.

Well definitely see lots of implementations using ray-tracing this gen, what with GG using it already.

Kenka

A form of ray tracing will definitely happen this coming gen and will be possible using some form of combined cloud\grid computing + console technique.

The higher the resolution, the more difficult it will be to manage the latency between information sent by the cloud and the local one if you want to render something believable.

But maybe you know something I don't ?

onQ123

So... where's that guy saying that there were no real time reflections?

I just love these presentations.

Well this is a thread about a hybrid ray-tracing demo & I was talking about it being possible on next gen consoles & he popped up saying "no it cant" & now Kill Zone is shown to be using hybrid ray-tracing much like the demo, the demo is also using image based lighting & ray-tracing for the reflections & so on.

EvB

You thinking about Gaikai? Because Gaikai could likely provide this for Sony games. Games would have to run entirely on the server, though.

Well definitely see lots of implementations using ray-tracing this gen, what with GG using it already.

The CPU power required to run just one game that was raytraced means it won't easily be financially viable, especially when PSN is going to be free for all eternity. Apparently

Top Bottom