• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DXR support coming to GTX 10 series cards.

thelastword

Banned
Funny that the media has been so silent on this.......Nvidia said if you wanted raytracing you had to buy an RTX card, they said Radeon 7 didn't have raytracing, having well known that it was coming and having known they would offer cards with no RT cores........How could you go on living life without raytracing/rtx said a journalist, then soon after NV ships GTX cards with no RT cores.....However, in the last few weeks we've seen very impressive raytracing technology demoed on a Vega card, not even the highest end Vega, NV is now saying raytracing is coming to Pascal Cards.....The media says nothing, so many lies, they said 1080ti could only do 8 or so fps in some rtx demo, but lo and behold raytracing is now possible under Pascal only because they know the competition is going to do something impressive with RT.......I wish this industry and the gaming journalists were more unbiased......It's too blatant tbh....

Here's the video I was talking about......I won't even say what I think is happening in the video here........6-15 fps on a 1080ti.....8fps average...but all of a sudden NV feels they can make it work on Pascal......I guess they found that secret sauce that pascal always had....

pottuvoi

Banned
Funny that the media has been so silent on this.......Nvidia said if you wanted raytracing you had to buy an RTX card, they said Radeon 7 didn't have raytracing, having well known that it was coming and having known they would offer cards with no RT cores........How could you go on living life without raytracing/rtx said a journalist, then soon after NV ships GTX cards with no RT cores.....However, in the last few weeks we've seen very impressive raytracing technology demoed on a Vega card, not even the highest end Vega, NV is now saying raytracing is coming to Pascal Cards.....The media says nothing, so many lies, they said 1080ti could only do 8 or so fps in some rtx demo, but lo and behold raytracing is now possible under Pascal only because they know the competition is going to do something impressive with RT.......I wish this industry and the gaming journalists were more unbiased......It's too blatant tbh....

Here's the video I was talking about......I won't even say what I think is happening in the video here........6-15 fps on a 1080ti.....8fps average...but all of a sudden NV feels they can make it work on Pascal......I guess they found that secret sauce that pascal always had....

Nvidia has been demoing ray tracing on GPUs for really long time and of course it is possible.
What they announced was API support in drivers for a Pascal based GPUs.

For software developers this is bigger than for gamers.
Ability to write code on Pascal and for Pascal users, possibly bypassing need for separate path for Turing owners, should be awesome for things like texturemap bakers and such.

Last edited:
Top Bottom