• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 1 PS5-Series X|S Update Now Live - 1080p/60 FPS - Dynamic/60 FPS - 4K/30 FPS

assurdum

Banned
This game looks 10 years old. Must be incredibly poorly optimized to not do 4k/60.
The funny thing I still prefer the graphic of the prequel. Yeah lighting and reflections are undoubtedly superiors in Dying Light 2 but I hate the graphic style and the setting. So flat and uninspired. Oh the first still remains a far better game experience imo. The sequel seems made to Ubisoft honestly. Bloated of boring side missions with interminable dialogues and nothing to add to the experience, where the main campaign ended to be shorted compared the first also with a very stupid and useless story. Could be still unoriginal but the first Dying Light still remain in an another league, sadly, because I had big expectations for the sequel.

Last edited:

Hugare

PS4 is 1080P 30fps so 4K 30fps is what you would expect. Not sure about 1080P 60fps mode though. This is one of the biggest advantage of PC IMO the whole scaling and older games runs great on newer hardware without any dev inputs.
This game looks 10 years old. Must be incredibly poorly optimized to not do 4k/60.
Techland needs to update their engine or something. Still can't get 4k with 60 fps on the 1st game?
Again: this is a PS4 app, not a PS5 one

PS4 apps doesnt use the whole PS5 hardware, so performance is limited.

It has nothing to do with bad optimization, so please stop spreading misinformation

Considering that this has limited compatibility with the PS5, it runs great, with smooth framerate and better resolution

+ Better draw distance, something that even Sony didnt implement when they made TLOU 2, GOW and GOT PS5 aware apps

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm so dumb, I got on DL2 thinking there was a 1440p60 patch lol

I would love it if that game gets 1440p/60 too.

The 1080p version is so rock solid that they can get 90~100 FPS on average by unlocking it on Series X. There's gotta be room for DRS 1440p/60 easily.

wipeout364

I just played through it again before the patch last month. Great game so much room for improvising your approach to various situations . Techland always does great work. I actually thought it played pretty smooth and looked good on series X pre patch.

Neo_game

Again: this is a PS4 app, not a PS5 one

PS4 apps doesnt use the whole PS5 hardware, so performance is limited.

It has nothing to do with bad optimization, so please stop spreading misinformation

Considering that this has limited compatibility with the PS5, it runs great, with smooth framerate and better resolution

+ Better draw distance, something that even Sony didnt implement when they made TLOU 2, GOW and GOT PS5 aware apps

I think they put some effort in it because from 1080P 30fps on PS4 it is doing 4K 30fps on PS5. So that is a 2million to 8million pixel jump which is good but the 1080P 60fps mode is nothing to be proud off I am afraid.

Top Bottom