• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 Adds Denuvo 3 Days Before Launch

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

hqlHl7O.png

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Preorder cancelled

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
HA HA HA HA
Wait there are still people do not complaining about Denuvo shitty resources eater ?
What year is this?!

Fuck you Denuvo, won’t buy your shit.
What years is this?

What resource eating?
Are you sure you are aiming your gun at the right target.
Denuvo hasnt been a resource hog since......since......since......shit I cant remember when Denuvo was a resource hog.

What the fuck games do you guys actually play?

Tony Hawk, Deathloop, Bravely Default 2, Doom Eternal, WatchDogs Legion, AC: alhalla, Yakuza, Resident Evil Village... thats just off head of games ive played recently.

Are you running a Celeron from 2002 or something?
Maybe upgrade your PC then the Denuvo hit wont be so bad.

stranno

Adding the Denuvo flag/tag the last days before the release is a common practice, I'd say.

What years is this?

What resource eating?
Denuvo hasnt been a resource hog since......since......since......shit I cant remember when Denuvo was a resource hog.

Tony Hawk, Deathloop, Bravely Default 2, Doom Eternal, WatchDogs Legion, AC: alhalla, Yakuza, Resident Evil Village... thats just off head of games ive played recently.

Village had crazy stuttering problems when it was released. But it was not a Denuvo problem. It was just the Capcom stupid integrity checking system destroying the I/O every time you received damage.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait do people still complain about Denuvo?
What year is this?!
Nothing to do with Denuvo specifically, just that I personally refuse to support devs that don't disclose 3rd party DRM up front.

The store page for this game has been live since June of last year, they had plenty of time to let people know the game was going to include Denuvo. It's not like they just found out today that the game is going to have Denuvo DRM. Disclosing this mere days before the game's release is a scummy practice that I'll go out of my way to punish in any small way that I personally can.

Guilty_AI

What years is this?

What resource eating?

Now that you mention it

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

Its proven to work but they needed to have said this awhile ago. They were too busy talking about 500 hours of content.

Guilty_AI

Denuvo is proven to work. Can't blame them. Does it still impact performance as much as it used to?
Its proven to work but they needed to have said this awhile ago. They were too busy talking about 500 hours of content.
Proven when? I know it obviously reduces day 1 piracy but is there any proof that it improves sales? Any research on the subject that i've read shows there is either no impact, or in some cases no-drm even improves sales.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Proven when? I know it obviously reduces day 1 piracy but is there any proof that it improves sales? Any research on the subject that i've read shows there is either no impact, or in some cases no-drm even improves sales.
Proven that it doesn't get cracked.

Edit: proven it's harder to crack is more accurate.

Last edited:

Braag

What year is this?!

Denuvo works, as long as companies dont piggyback too many DRMs on top it does the job and doesnt actually have the performance hit everyone thinks it has.

Sure it's hard to crack, but as RE Village proved, it can cause performance issues.
I hope they remove it as soon as the game is cracked.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What year is this?!

Denuvo works, as long as companies dont piggyback too many DRMs on top it does the job and doesnt actually have the performance hit everyone thinks it has.
Do you not realize that many PC builders grew up optimizing their overclocked setup to get every % of performance out of their rig? Any unnecessary performance hit is an insult to them.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I mean Denuvo still gets cracked around/on release
Might just take a little more time
Gotta know what groups to look at

Buy the game
>get a pirate copy/apply crack to og install
>play the game DRM free

YuLY

For some reason this company always seemed scummy to me. They clearly knew it will be there, thats not something you do a week before launch. They intentionally did not disclose it earlier so they can get as many preorders as possible.

Andodalf

Banned
Do you not realize that many PC builders grew up optimizing their overclocked setup to get every % of performance out of their rig? Any unnecessary performance hit is an insult to them.
yeah, any true PC gamer would rather the games have that extra .000001 performance even if it means selling 20% less and not getting a sequel. That’s just the price we pay!!!!!!

/s obvi

hlm666

hmmm did the review copies have the drm? feels like they didn't want to sabotage the reviewers copies with any problems this could cause.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What years is this?

What resource eating?

Are you actually defending DRM that has negative effects?
What the hell world are you living in?

kingfey

Banned
Common issue when you add pointless bloat software to your programs.
The best and most efficient solution is not add them in the first place
We are talking about devs here. They lose their brain, when they make stuff for PC.

99%, they would need to fuck up something in the process. We never see those issues on consoles.

Guilty_AI

We are talking about devs here. They lose their brain, when they make stuff for PC.

99%, they would need to fuck up something in the process. We never see those issues on consoles.
You dont see it because theres no denuvo on consoles (aside from anti-cheat).

Point is, there would be nothing to fuck up if there was no anti-tamper to implement in the first place. Best solution. Not like it improves the game in any way.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Thats why console gaming will always be relevant.
You know those "Day one patches" on practically every major console game these days are clearly just DRM disguised as bug fixes/content updates (that I say are intentionally left in to practically force people to go online and download the patch - thereby authenticating the game).

Might sound like a conspiracy theory but it makes perfect sense. What about people who don't have an internet (or a good internet) connection, you say? Nobody gives a shit about those three dudes on a nuclear submarine trying to play Halo online multiplayer.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
That's a shifty move to add this DRM a few days before launch.
And how some people are be ok with Denuvo is beyond my understanding.
You want to support the game? It's ok go for it (I bought games with Denuvo too) but don't come here to say it doesn't affect performance or to laugh at people complaining/canceling their preorder.

If your game is good, it will sell, period.

Top Bottom