• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2, Saints Row, Gotham Knights - Which?

i can get one of these currently on sale games. i really enjoyed dying light, saints row 3, & the arkham trilogy. tho i kinda prefer third over first person, i'm not really crazy about 'kidult' casts, so i guess those 2 things sorta cancel each other out here. also, i realize all these titles had tech issues on release. how's that worked out since?...

anyway, any impressions/preferences welcome. thanks!...

Hugare

They were all huge disappointments.

Dying Light 1 is amazing, but DL 2 had none of that. The story drags, but combat was improved and traversal is amazing, best one in an open world ever imo. And if you are on PC, it's a looker with all RT features enabled.

Cant say much about SR, havent played it, but reviews werent kind with it.

Gotham Knights would be my choice for you, since you are into 3rd person games and have played the Arkham series before. Graphics are mediocre and it lacks polish, but it has a lot of content.

Last edited:
i can get one of these currently on sale games. i really enjoyed dying light, saints row 3, & the arkham trilogy. tho i kinda prefer third over first person, i'm not really crazy about 'kidult' casts, so i guess those 2 things sorta cancel each other out here. also, i realize all these titles had tech issues on release. how's that worked out since?...

Haven't played the others, but I'd say Dying Light 2. It was a step down from Dying Light 1 in terms of melee combat, but I still had fun with it. And the developers have probably polished it even more since I played it early this year. GK and SR look like janky trash, imo

Philfrag

Banned
I've just started Dying Light 2. Its great, but to be fair I loved the first too. If you're into open world games with atmosphere its a must have. A lot of people complained about the combat compared to the first, personally I don't see it. Its different, but definitely not worse. Its become quite fashionable to hate on Dying Light, they did it with the first until it gained a cult following over the years, then everyone pretended they loved it all along. The devs also support these games for a long time. I would go and watch some videos, its possible that this type of game just isn't for you. But either way you can tell some love and care was really put into making this game. I'm a sucker for open world games though, I simultaneously loved and hated Fallout 4. Maybe I'm not reliable to ask...

Warablo

Dying Light 2 is better than the other two by a big margin. With that said, Dying Light 2 was sorta a let down. Granted I didn't finish it.

SJRB

Gold Member
From that list, gun to my head: Dying Light 2.

But man, there are so many better games out there. In fact, might as well buy some beer with the money. Guaranteed you're having a better evening.

Power Pro

Having played all three, I feel confident in saying none of them. All 3 games I put time into hoping that I'd get some enjoyment out of them, and I'm the type of person who doesn't like not finishing a game, but I couldn't finish any of them. They were all either forgettable, bad, or worse. My time felt more valuable.

Flabagast

I'd say Dying Light 2 like anyone else but really all of them are pretty bad choices.

Why not try a good indie instead ?

Spyxos

All of them are not great. I guess best of them is dying light 2, but it is still pretty mediocre.

Certinty

I enjoyed Dying Light 2.

What I will say though is Gotham Knights is nowhere near as bad as people made out in my eyes. It’s not exactly good but it’s somehow still fun and interesting enough. Worth a go when really cheap.

anthony2690

Gold Member
none-of-the-above-nadia-vulvokov.gif

Neolombax

I've only played Gotham Knights, and I think its not a horrid experience, in fact I quite like it. Its a mediocre game for sure. But I can see all these games going to PS Plus or GP sooner or later, or getting discounted even more. Save the money I say.

i've played Gotham Knights. And the PS Plus trial of Dying Light 2. I would say Gotham Knights is the way to go. I was bored out of my gourd with DYing light and didn't even finish the 3 hour trial. I hear the first one is way better

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Gotham Knights. It’s had a few patches since release too. Great if you’re going PC version.

If it’s console then Dying Light.

Under no circumstance should anyone even if it’s free , play saints row.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
damn! i knew this'd be the first response!...
This is NeoGAF we dont like any games here we only like to bitch about games.
Actually liking gaming immediately disqualifies you from getting approval.

On Topic
Dying Light 2 is a much better game than the other two.

Saints Row isnt a horrible game, just not particularly fun.

Gotham Knights actively tries to be as unfun as possible.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Dl2 is ok but still inferior to the first game.

Gotham only if you are a die hard batman fanboy and if you understand that this is not another arkham game but an action rpg with stats, loot etc.

Maybe just buy DL1 that is now super cheap and still feel pretty modern.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's like you intentionally picked out the 3 blandest games of the year. Although DL2 is the best of a meh bunch.

alexross

Neo Member
played all 3. Finished only Gotham nights. The other two were too boring for me. Gotham knights is not perfect but a solid 7/10 title, also if you are a fan of Batman family you will find a lot of love and also a good batgirl ass

Drizzlehell

Banned
I know that this might sound like a joke reply but these are legit crap games. Why bother with any of them?

Although if you really want to pick one, then you should probably go with Dying Light 2 since it looks like the most competent one from this list. I played the trial version for a few hours and it's definitely superior to the first Dying Light, though it wasn't really for me, personally. It's just boring to me.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had fun with Dying Light 2. The parkour segments are a lot of fun. I didn’t buy Gotham Knights or Saints Row. I loved all the Arkham Games, but the plot of Gotham Knights makes me never want to play it. I’m also not a fan of Saints Row and I feel like I only have room for one big open world sand box game and that’s GTA.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I haven't played any of them, but going by reviews and market reception I'd say Dying Light 2 is the only one not going into the bargain bin pretty fast, and by that I mean sub $15 within then next 3 months or less.

Arachnid

Dying Light 2 is the best out of those by far, but it's still a HUGE downgrade from the first. It's still fun, but you won't be able to stop drawing comparisons to the first that will sour certain parts of the experience.

Top Bottom