• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light Gameplay: 7 Things You Must Do

Dying Light Gameplay: 7 Things You Must Do

Dying Light arrives on PS4 soon, and we've been playing lots of it. Here's new gameplay of 7 things you have to do when you play!

Some nice gameplay/preview footage from PlayStation Access

Also finally a good look at PS4 version of the game.
I was quite concerned since Dead Island games were a technical mess on PS3. I think it looks good on PS4.

Less than two weeks to go !

It would be nice if we could get the promised -10% code before the game launches though. Sony please
cry.gif

Alright alright alright- I can use some store credit and get this for like 15 bucks at BB- I'll bite.

edit:looks like what dead island should have been!

antitrop

I think zombie shooters/slashers are creatively bankrupt, but this looks a bit interesting, at least.

Techland, though, so I would never buy this without seeing the reviews first. I thought Dead Island was awful.

Mayyhem

This looks fun, gameplay wise. I'll wait for reviews though, I wanna see how the mission structure and story is

I think zombie shooters/slashers are creatively bankrupt, but this looks a bit interesting, at least.

Techland, though, so I would never buy this without seeing the reviews first. I thought Dead Island was awful.

wise words- for 15 bucks (including taxes) Ill take that plunge

Tohsaka

Gameplay looks solid, I'm probably going to wait to buy it though since I'm sure it'll be on sale for $40 a month after release.

antitrop

I will getting both Dying Light & Dead Island 2. Hopefully Dead Island 2 changes things up a bit

Waiting for the reviews on Dead Island 2, as well. The only thing that appeals to me about that game is the developer, being the one behind Spec Ops: The Line.

1. Do not pre-order this game and support shitty practices.

2. Do not buy this game because you'll be directly supporting shitty practices.

3. Do not let your friends buy this game for the above reasons

4. Do not ever consider buying this game, even pre-owned

5. Do not let the hype from less informed gamers who don't care about what's right or wrong influence you. Stay strong, you're doing gamers everywhere a service by boycotting such stupid practices.

6. Do not let anyone tell you that you're lone voice/boycott won't amount to anything. History has proven otherwise.

7. Do make sure to make it as clear as possible to publishers that you will never support any game where they lock entire modes behind a pre-order wall.

5. Do not let the hype from less informed gamers who don't care about what's right or wrong influence you. Stay strong, you're doing gamers everywhere a service by boycotting such stupid practices.

6. Do not let anyone tell you that you're lone voice/boycott won't amount to anything. History has proven otherwise.

7. Do make sure to make it as clear as possible to publishers that you will never support any game where they lock entire modes behind a pre-order wall.

1. I want to play it

2. It looks fun

3. I don't care that they did preorder shit, its always terrible anyways, never would have even played it.

4. Stop telling me what I can or can't buy

I guess no one should ever buy an XB1 then too

Helznicht

Looks like a huge fun wold to run and jump around in and combat looks fun also. Looks heads and tails better than the zombie stuff out on PC (h1z1, dayz, wz, etc..)

But I dont really want a story with missions mixed with my zombies. I only want 4 missions:

Stay Fed
Stay Hydrated
Stay Warm
Stay Rested

How fun would it be to set up traps and board up windows to prepare for the night cycle, go to sleep where you are awoken by one of your traps going off, your barricaded door getting pounded, getting overrun, killed and then starting over in a random position on the map.

If they ever come out with a survival mode where its one life per game, with me having to MAKE my own safezones (traps/barricades), hunt for food & water, make fires, make weapons that need maintenance, I am totally in cause this city and controls totally kill everything else I have seen.

You sound like a zealot. This game doesn't really seem to offend that much in those categories, don't really see what the big deal is. Also, mid-tier developer, mid-tier looking game (not to say it won't be good), of all games to plaster this list across, why this one? Seems better suited for something a little more high profile. Or do you post this in every thread for a game with incentives like this?

nikos

Something about the camera is bothering me. I think the FOV is too zoomed in, and it's off-putting/dizzying. This type of stuff doesn't usually bother me at all.

Tain

Not everyone values certain models of business over their own personal tastes and pleasure.

border

I turned it off as soon as I saw a leveling/XP system......I just don't like that in open world games. Between that and the fact that it's 30 FPS I'm fine taking a pass on this one.

GravyButt

I preordered. I buy just about anything with zombies in it video game wise. But that video makes me a little hyped. I want that sword haha.

-MD-

Been counting the days until this releases. Loved Dead Island and this looks like a big improvement.

Haven't played any coop games in awhile.

Waiting for the reviews on Dead Island 2, as well. The only thing that appeals to me about that game is the developer, being the one behind Spec Ops: The Line.

The devs working on Dead Island 2 actually completely turn me off of that game. I'll wait to see how that one reviews before I go near it.

All I can see is do do do do do do do. The "nots" aren't italicized... I get it.

Guess I should preorder.

Ricker

Waiting for the PSN store to give us that 10% deal,hopefully it's after tomorrow's maintenance, to pre-order this...otherwise I will grab it day one.

Beaulieu

are number 2 through 6 as spoilery as number 1 ? what the fuck is wrong with "game journalism" these days, spoiling every fuckin bits of a game ?

Kezen

Banned
Is it me or does this video show a lot of pop-in?
Either way, the game looks really fun. Definately will pick it up after I'm done with DA: Inquisition.

Pop-in is extremely flagrant indeed. Hoping for higher LOD setting on PC.

T.O.P

Banned
Since i have zero interest in Dead Island 2 i'll go pre-order this one instead, game is looking better each time i see it

PS4 or X1 tho? did we get anything about differences and stuff?

Mesoian

Added it to my steam wishlist. I'm not paying a cent until it comes out though, Techland doesn't have that kind of clout.

Played this at a trade show in 2013, felt good then so I'm sure as hell it'll feel good now.

One of my most look forward to releases if im completely honest!

Kezen

Banned
Since i have zero interest in Dead Island 2 i'll go pre-order this one instead, game is looking better each time i see it

PS4 or X1 tho? did we get anything about differences and stuff?

1080p/30fps on both, no word on anything else beyond that.

border

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I would love to play Mirror's Edge With Zombies.

Unfortunately this game looks more like Far Cry With Zombies.

Mirror's Edge gave you all your abilities unlocked from the start and had you navigating finely tuned linear levels. Dying Light has you trudging around a giant map and looks like it is filled with the depressing bloat that now fills every open world game -- XP, leveling, skill trees, crafting system, etc. I was sad to see that it even copies Far Cry's towers.

Gameplay looks as braindead as the zombie fodder. I don't see any challenge at all...

It's a video specifically designed to show you cool ways to kill zombies, not challenging content. The gimmick of the game is that the zombies become super-aggressive monsters at night, and will actually climb up buildings to kill you. I imagine that during daytime the human enemies will be where the challenge is at.

Top Bottom