• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light Gameplay: 7 Things You Must Do

glaurung

Cant believe they felt they had to explain the "joke" behind "Xp-calibur"
Young kids nowadays are stupid as fuck. This game is aimed at stupid people. Of course they needed to explain the sword name joke.

Sigh.

The game itself looks competent at times, fugly at others. You can see how the freerunning jumps are 50% skill, 50% sheer luck.

I know that there was a bunch of people who liked Dead Island, just not enough for me to warrant a retread of that idea.

I hope it's not real : (

The game is gold and apparently you can pre load on xbox one.

But if it's true (because of Charlie Hebdo) do you guys think it will still release in the US on 27. january ?

KageMaru

This game is 1080p30 on the PS4, right? Saw a video the other day claiming it's supposed to be 60fps on the PS4 but I find that hard to believe.

7. Do make sure to make it as clear as possible to publishers that you will never support any game where they lock entire modes behind a pre-order wall.

Sorry haven't been following this game that closely. I know about the pre-order bullshit in that the earlier you pre-order, the more you get but what mode is locked behind a pre-order wall?

This game is 1080p30 on the PS4, right? Saw a video the other day claiming it's supposed to be 60fps on the PS4 but I find that hard to believe.
Yes, it indeed is 1080p30. They were targeting 60 but it is confirmed to be 30.

Sorry haven't been following this game that closely. I know about the pre-order bullshit in that the earlier you pre-order, the more you get but what mode is locked behind a pre-order wall?

A mode where you can play as an "elite hunter zombie" that can invade someone else's games during night time. Apparently, it's only available if you pre-order.

glaurung

A mode where you can play as an "elite hunter zombie" that can invade someone else's games during night time. Apparently, it's only available if you pre-order.
Ohwow.jpg

I've planned to buy DL since the announcement, but I'm having second thoughts now. Traversal and survival is what had my attention.

The more I watch of it, though, the more it seems like a rehash of Dead Island, which isn't a terrible thing but not something that's worth $60 to me.

Has there been any good gameplay video of the traversal when the character has all of the agility skills?

Yopis

1. Do not pre-order this game and support shitty practices.

2. Do not buy this game because you'll be directly supporting shitty practices.

3. Do not let your friends buy this game for the above reasons

4. Do not ever consider buying this game, even pre-owned

5. Do not let the hype from less informed gamers who don't care about what's right or wrong influence you. Stay strong, you're doing gamers everywhere a service by boycotting such stupid practices.

6. Do not let anyone tell you that you're lone voice/boycott won't amount to anything. History has proven otherwise.

7. Do make sure to make it as clear as possible to publishers that you will never support any game where they lock entire modes behind a pre-order wall.

Typical neogaf post. Gotta bring negative to thread in some way.

Don't buy cause I say so and please hear me because I have only opinion that matters.

Want the game and have the cash....buy it is what I say.

ironcreed

Banned
So much for waiting. I had some money in my Microsoft account and just got an extra TB of storage, so I went ahead and pre-ordered this for Xbox One to break my new external hard drive in. It looks like a much, much better Dead Island and I actually had fun with that game. I think I'll dig this.

Dreathlock

So it seems the 20.2 is the new PAL release date for the disc version according to Playm. Same release date as The Order. :(

Top Bottom