• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E-Mails by Clinton Aides Show State-Foundation Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Exactly my thoughts. Honestly if there was a hint of a massive conspiracy it would have been brought foward by now.

NPR, NY Times, CNN all reported on the story. You can argue there's nothing substantial in it, which is a legitimate argument, but to say nobody brought forward this story is simply false.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
It also shows the very thing Gaffers tell each other to do in job search threads: use connections you might have to help get a job. Unless you've got proof he paid money to get a job, he's just following the same advice every gaffer gives every time it comes up on the forum. Basically it's reaching.
Why does Band say that it's "Importnat that we take care of (redacted)"? It's not as innocent as saying "hey, any position open for a friend of mine"? I mean yeah, it's a bit of a reach, but I don't think that it's a very long one. And this is a State Deparment job, there could be a lot more at stake. Framing it as just a dude trying to get someone a job is silly

We can do that after Hilary gets elected. As of now, it only gives Trump supporters more fuel to make Trump look good. Which by the way Trump has said and done much worse things than this.
Did you read the second part of my post? I'm not saying she's worse than Trump. I think that approaching the discussion from that POV is dishonest.

I definitely agree that this all needs more discussion. I guess what I mean is that when you look at what is essentially a 50/50 shot of who will be President at this current moment, one is far and away more competent and more suited to be President than the other (and that's putting it lightly).
It's better than 50-50 right now. The Donald is putting on his best performance to hit 0% in the polls and the populace is watching.

There's no need to skirt all criticisms and blame away. Not healthy.

Xe4

Banned
So, this has nothing to do with Hillary?
No, this is largely about the Clibton foundatuon, her aides, and Bill. It's not clear if there was any extra legal activity or illigal activity by anyone, or if Clinton even knew of the exchanges (just because they were on her server doesn't mean she read them.)

It's also not clear the context of the emails, they could be bad, or they could be nothing at all. It will be difficult to say before the State Department Report.

Xe4

Banned
Why is this thread not closed considering who made it?
It's an important subject to talk about, and would be an intresting thread if framed properly.

But I agree, the OP was atrocious, basically an example of how to not make a good thread.

I cannot take TYT seriously after I saw Uygur on one of the Sunday shows doing some "the sky is falling!" routine where he was predicting a significant Trump victory in November.

This was all of a week ago.

Ihyll

I think the majority are just tired of the damn emails. She had a very high approval rating as Secretary of state. The emails show someone that works at the Clinton foundation trying to get a job at the state department..okay?are we supposed to be outraged? Did this person even get the job? To make things worse the email wasn't even to Hillary.

How did politics in this country get so fucked to the point where our realistic options are a totally corrupt machine politician and a completely incompetent jackoff?

Illusion of choice has always been a thing, America deserves it.

edit I forgot to say it's a damn shame that people want Hillary Clinton to win or you get trump so she could even get away with murder, now that is what I call democracy.

Illusion of choice has always been a thing, America deserves it.

edit I forgot to say it's a damn shame that people want Hillary Clinton to win or you get trump so she could even get away with murder, now that is what I call democracy.

Your last sentence doesn't really make sense btw

The GOP decided on their nominee and are reaping what they sow

This is how it works when you have a fringe group take control of a major political party and send up a fucking lunatic to represent you.

So yea, this is what I call democracy

TYT slays, even if they were blatantly pro Bernie.

TYT is a joke. If you want to reinforce personal opinions then yea, I'm sure it's great, just as long as you don't shit on people watching Fox News to listen to right wing talking points to reinforce their views.

More emails? Lol, the American people are really sick and tired of hearing about those emails. The newest Monmouth University poll shows that 63% of people are tired of hearing about them:

Poll

boiled goose

good with gravy
Someone have a reputable link that's not TYT?

There's a bloomberg and nyt article on this.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...-aides-show-state-department-foundation-links

Shame this thread started so terribly...

No need to link tyt but instead link to other news sources. The tyt video is not a "report". It's a video about the news.

Title and op should be updated...

It's a subject worth discussing but no thread deralied on pro Hillary tyt hate train.

The issue with these emails is that they suggest not prove that sketchy Clinton Foundation mega donors might have had special access to favors from state Department.

That's really bad, but again, not proven yet.

This was my fear with the "emails" scandal. That folks would do enough digging to find shit like this before November.

zelas

Hard for me to get upset over something every official is assumed to be doing, especially considering this doesnt seem to involve Clinton personally.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez...

On the one hand, this at face value doesn't seem too too bad and I can accept some level of cronyism in government (since it will happen no matter what) so long as it doesn't obliquely benefit the well off at the expense of weaker segments of society.

On the other hand, I want journalists and the like to keep digging to see if this is just the tip of the iceberg. What if there's something more than really indicates she put the interests of the wealthy and powerful before America?

On the other other hand, I don't want Trump to receive any more ammunition since I KNOW that he'll probably commit abuses of cronyism immediately upon entering office, in addition to generally being an incompetent administrator.

So conflicting! Why couldn't the Democrats just produce another nominee!

Eusis

This is definitely alarming (if true) but man... I'd really rather some mundane corruption over whatever the fuck Trump is shaping up to be.

marrec

Banned
At this point the 'emails' scandal seems so diluted that anything that isn't Hillary showing blatant corruption is going to be just another drop in the bucket.

Potential violations and ambiguous language involving people that aren't HRC is going to be largely ignored by the wider news cycle.

Gallbaro

Banned
So conflicting! Why couldn't the Democrats just produce another nominee!

She was the safe one.

This is definitely alarming (if true) but man... I'd really rather some milquetoast corruption over whatever the fuck Trump is shaping up to be.

This is not along the same lines as corruption in Albany or bridgegate? At the very least Clinton foundation should loose tax exempt.

Yup, this appears to be flat out curruption.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...te-dept/ar-BBvuDpA?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Mr. Chagoury, he said, “has had no personal contact with Secretary Clinton or any of her staff since 2006. He has never met or had any contact with Ambassador Feltman. He had no contact of any kind with anyone from the State Department regarding the subject matter of the emails between Mr. Band and Ms. Abedin.”
Mr. Feltman, in an email exchange with The New York Times on Wednesday, confirmed that he never met with Mr. Chagoury or spoke to him.

So... yeah. Are you saying that because someone e-mailed one of Clintons aides to set up a meeting for a donor, a meeting that never took place, that Hillary Clinton herself did something wrong?

Clearly this is as bad as causing massive traffic jams out of sheer spite. CLEARLY.

Pastry

Banned
At this point I feel that this is essentially the boy that cried wolf. Recent polling (forget where?) suggested people are tired of the email issue. Had they not tried to make a mountain out of a molehill early I think this could have had a splash. But at this point we're mid-Olympics and mid-Trump meltdown.

Gallbaro

Banned
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...te-dept/ar-BBvuDpA?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

So... yeah. Are you saying that because someone e-mailed one of Clintons aides to set up a meeting for a donor, a meeting that never took place, that Hillary Clinton herself did something wrong?

Clearly this is as bad as causing massive traffic jams out of sheer spite. CLEARLY.
Where there is smoke there is fire. Not to mention that smoke is coming from a system explicitly implemented to bypass FOIA.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Not to mention that smoke is coming from a system explicitly implemented to bypass FOIA.

These specific e-mails were released as part of a FOIA request.

Nothing actually happened. So no. There isn't smoke. No meeting ever took place. The requested favor, if you want to call it that, never came. Hillary Clinton's name isn't on any of this. At worst an aide promised a favor that never happened.

CORRUPTION.

MartyStu

At this point the 'emails' scandal seems so diluted that anything that isn't Hillary showing blatant corruption is going to be just another drop in the bucket.

Potential violations and ambiguous language involving people that aren't HRC is going to be largely ignored by the wider news cycle.

Agreed.

We are all just tired of it. Short of proof of actual corruption perpetuated by her, I do not care.

And even then, since the other guy is Trump, it really does not matter.

Also, can people stop posting TYT videos for news stories? TYT actually cites their sources in those videos, stop being lazy and make threads based on those instead. I like TYT, but Gaf does not, so it is best to skip the bitching that inevitably derails.

PJV3

If you have to work this hard to create a scandal then it isn't one. Keep plugging away I suppose.

jaxpunk

wowowowow So there was a thread a few days ago about how if you said anything bad about Hilary you're risking a ban. This poor OP posts some maybe round about shit about hildog and catches a ban. Now if the problem is that it isn't directly connecting Hilary to this can we ban all the guys who've connected trump to hilter because for reals... Oh how about the people who post that all trump supporters are nazis/racists. Because we all know that's not true either.

I'm so confused. Was it illegal and she got away with it because she is Hillary, or was it never illegal to begin with and this was a spin? Is it some sort of grey area?

Why did the guy who made the topic get banned? Is it another post or the OG post from this thread. Genuinely curious lol

ISOM said:
Jesus christ, who the fuck cares about emails so much. She made a mistake move on goddamn.
LMAO.. "Leave Hilary alone!!!1"

Tamanon

Banned
Why did the guy who made the topic get banned? Is it another post or the OG post from this thread. Genuinely curious lol

LMAO.. "Leave Hilary alone!!!1"

The current OP is not the original one. And he wasn't banned for this thread most likely. You can PM a mod though if you're actually curious.

Blader

wowowowow So there was a thread a few days ago about how if you said anything bad about Hilary you're risking a ban. This poor OP posts some maybe round about shit about hildog and catches a ban. Now if the problem is that it isn't directly connecting Hilary to this can we ban all the guys who've connected trump to hilter because for reals... Oh how about the people who post that all trump supporters are nazis/racists. Because we all know that's not true either.

People who compare Trump to Hitler (or other demagogues) aren't saying Trump is actually working with Hitler.

I'm so confused. Was it illegal and she got away with it because she is Hillary, or was it never illegal to begin with and this was a spin? Is it some sort of grey area?

There's no Hillary involvement in this scenario at all. It was a Clinton Foundation donor and a State dept aide.

It just hasn't been proven.

I've said it before but if it weren't for Donald Trump, the majority of America would not be overlooking all the signs of corruption from Hillary. He has been the perfect candidate to run against to ensure her mitigation of all these accusations.

Never before have I seen such a very seemingly shill candidate receive so much apologist support.

phanphare

Banned
yeah this wouldn't be terribly shocking if confirmed. of course this happens once the primary is over and it's hillary vs. trump though. this election needs to be a landslide in favor of clinton and then we can regroup and talk about her issues as a politician and what she represents (not that that dialogue wasn't already happening). hopefully democrats won't be afraid to try someone else in 4 years instead of letting hillary try to go for the full 8. I imagine the republicans will also regroup after the whole trump debacle and having their entire party made to look like a huge joke. against any other republican hillary's chances don't look so good.

yeah this wouldn't be terribly shocking if confirmed. of course this happens once the primary is over and it's hillary vs. trump though. this election needs to be a landslide in favor of clinton and then we can regroup and talk about her issues as a politician and what she represents (not that that dialogue wasn't already happening). hopefully democrats won't be afraid to try someone else in 4 years instead of letting hillary try to go for the full 8. I imagine the republicans will also regroup after the whole trump debacle and having their entire party made to look like a huge joke. against any other republican hillary's chances don't look so good.

They will run Clinton again in 4 years, and she won't be lucky enough have Donald Trump to run against next time. I'm guessing we will have a Republican president in 2020.

Blader

I've said it before but if it weren't for Donald Trump, the majority of America would not be overlooking all the signs of corruption from Hillary. He has been the perfect candidate to run against to ensure her mitigation of all these accusations.

Never before have I seen such a very seemingly shill candidate receive so much apologist support.

Who is overlooking anything? There have been months and years of negative press focused on any and all signs of impropriety surrounding Hillary.

Have you considered that many people simply don't give a shit about Bengahzi or the emails or Goldman Sachs? If this were a case of voters overlooking Hillary's flaws solely to beat Trump, then Bernie would've won the primary.

Eidan

A wealthy Clinton Foundation donor based out of Lebanon seeks a meeting with a US Lebanon ambassador by reaching out to state department aides. The aides drop a name, but no meeting takes place. The donor never meets with the state department aides or with Secretary Clinton.

Do you have to be an apologist to think this
"corruption" isn't all that incendiary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom