• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Loudninja said:
So I guess PS3 win because of Final Fantasy as well,since you know its still coming out on the PS3.

1) of course you think this.
2) FF13 is a win for MS and a blow for Sony (the magnitude will be debated for the next 5 years until FF13 actually comes out). It was totally unexpected for MS - all attention, media, forums, etc., were floored. The FF13 announcement is the epitome of a megaton. A major coup for MS. Some egg on Sony's face.
3) Sony wins the presentation awards. MS had a totally mediocre conference apart from FF13.
4) ????
5) Profit

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i started thinking just now. about what sony's plans are.

there's apparently already been discussions on neogaf about how the ps3 could have a seamless transition to the ps4.

i really believe the ps3 is going to have an amazingly seamless transition to the ps4. while the end of the ps3 might be what people are waiting for(better programming, better games, better network, etc).... the beginning of the ps4 (master programmers, the network crossing over) will pick it right up and carry it further.

i'm just trying to figure out when i want to buy a freaking ps3.

RSTEIN said:
2) FF13 is a win for MS and a blow for Sony (the magnitude will be debated for the next 5 years until FF13 actually comes out). It was totally unexpected for MS - all attention, media, forums, etc., were floored. The FF13 announcement is the epitome of a megaton. A major coup for MS. Some egg on Sony's face.
3) Sony wins the presentation awards. MS had a totally mediocre conference apart from FF13.
4) ????
5) Profit

Basically this.

KZObsessed

iapetus said:
Another major WIN for Sony this year was that Jack Tretton was doing the conference again. I thought at first this was a bad thing, but changed my mind when he revealed that each one takes two years off his life.

oh fucking shit :lol :lol :lol

Man, that was good. I think I'm the only one who seems to really like Jack Tretton, seems like a nice man to me.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
RSTEIN said:
4) ????
5) Profit

huh?

Zezboob

iapetus said:
Again, the biggest MS 'win' at their conference was something which is only of interest to those in the fanboy dick-waving war. If you're not, FFXIII on 360 is an utter irrelevance.
What ?

And what about all those who are interested about FFXIII but not about PS3 ? (or not interested on 360 either but happy since the 360 is cheaper than PS3).

358zc6e.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Sol.. said:
Yeah... you know... just my thoughts.

what is the plan for profit?
I thought you were the brains of the operation??

what are we talkin' bout?
video games & shit

what was loudninja talkin bout?
He was saying Sony had the best e3 because FF13 is coming out on the PS3 too. I know, crazy, huh?

It's like i'm reading 4chan. ah screw it
You know, I've never ever been to 4chan. Crazy, eh?

I FEEL INCREDIBLE!
I told you once, don't make me repeat myself. No matter how good it makes you feel, don't shove it up there. I know it's tight. I know there are a lot of nerve endings and it's near your prostrate.... male g spot and all... but dude... don't shove the wine bottle up there... I'm not paying your ER bill again.

cartoon_soldier said:
Single Player Campaign was showed.

It did not look as good as the previous footage/trailer. But, I think a part of it was G4's TV sucked.
G4's tv quality is fucking terrible. I saw the FFXIII on there earlier today and it looked like they were playing an off camera recording of a youtube clip.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
captscience said:
Why the hell are people going on about this?

The games are playable on the show floor. So instead of one dude playing on stage, everyone you'll be reading impressions from people who will be playing the actual game.

I shouldn't have to explain this, but not everyone, including myself, is at E3 to see the games, and I'd like to see the maker show specific things they feel the gamers would like, instead of just reading what previewers played...

Plus what if said previewer doesn't have the same tastes as me?

Regardless, I want to see things for myself, not just reading words about the game...

Wasn't bowled over by this conf, but it was good to see some nice emphasis on PSP. That new R&C pack is a good spiritual successor to what I considered the best of the PSP packs, the Daxter (which I have myself).

BobTheFork said:
The leviathan should be eating Jack Trenton

Except the kickass FPS boss battle
...and the rest of it oo.
That whole segment was so janky and useless.

LBP sales charts thing was cute, give the man who does the animations for the sackboy face some kind of award.

lupinko

greepoman said:
And not even really in that sense cause at least Blizzard is upfront about the "when they are finished".

And I can't even believe you're mentioning Sony in the same sentence with Blizzard...I can't even remember a Blizzard game that hasn't been excellent.

Justice League Task Force and Death and Return of Superman, BELIEVE.

Frillen

I love how Sony fans are downplaying the FFXIII announcement. Your BIGGEST franshise just after GT5 went multiplatform! It's big! It's big for Microsoft and it's a big blow for Sony. It would be like if the Ps3 got Gears of War 2. Deal with it, don't go the denial/anger/spin path.

FreezeSSC

Frillen said:
I love how Sony fans are downplaying the FFXIII announcement. Your BIGGEST franshise just after GT5 went multiplatform! It's big! It's big for Microsoft and it's a big blow for Sony. It would be like if the Ps3 got Gears of War 2. Deal with it, don't go the denial/anger/spin path.

It would be relevent if it were coming out this year.

lupinko

Frillen said:

EDIT: Read it wrong. :lol

Frillen said:
you're trying too hard.

farnham

Banned
okay i saw the conference and i am impressed at PSP

Super Stardust Portable and Resistance are nice additions

Not impressed with PS3 though... 256 Multiplayer game looked awesome but uh.. that was pretty much it.. the DC Comic MMO had potential though

Wasn't as disappointing as Nintendos conference but nothing stood out and it was boring as hell

Don

Frillen said:
Why should they care? Its not as if they can't play the game anymore.

Frillen

dai said:
you're trying too hard.

No, people flooding this thread acts like it's not a big deal. The usual suspects that is. Can you with a serious tone tell me that FFXIII going multiplatform wasn't a big deal?

Hellion

LOL @ all the hate SONY gets from these events:lol

SONY needs to throw some money around to developers.

Also STORE Video update TONIGHT!

JKBii

I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy and I don't even own a PS3 but I'd have to say Sony won the press conference battle. Nintendo is no longer competing and MS just didn't shock the way Sony did, not to mention Sony was walking into this wounded by FFXIII going to the 360.

Also, after watching all three conferences I just realized that they really don't matter that much. The industry no longer revolves around a couple of days of announcements, and companies can choose to blow their wad all at once like Sony did here, or they can use it as just one more advertising venue like Nintendo.

Frillen said:
No, people flooding this thread acts like it's not a big deal. The usual suspects that is. Can you with a serious tone tell me that FFXIII going multiplatform wasn't a big deal?
i think iapetus said it best: "Obviously FFXIII is exciting for those who love their RPGs but don't have a PS3, or for fanboys who only want to engage in e-dick-waving fights online. For the rest of us it's of no practical use at all."

what's the bid deal? i mean, i'll still get to play in on my psx3.

Hellion

Frillen said:
Thing is JRPG's have never been a that important to the MS Fan MGS4>>>>>>FF13 to them:lol

And on the JRPG front SONY still has Level 5:D

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
dai said:
i think iapetus said it best: "Obviously FFXIII is exciting for those who love their RPGs but don't have a PS3, or for fanboys who only want to engage in e-dick-waving fights online. For the rest of us it's of no practical use at all."

what's the bid deal? i mean, i'll still get to play in on my psx3.

The Key words are "Expanding the userbase". As they were able to sell more PS3 Units because of the launch of MGS4 they would have been able to sell more PS3 units because of FFXIII. Now the people who have to make a decision might go for the cheaper system and sony loses potential consumers.
4. ???
5. Profit for MS

FFChris

Hellion said:
Thing is JRPG's have never been a that important to the MS Fan MGS4>>>>>>FF13 to them:lol

And on the JRPG front SONY still has Level 5:D

Well this is just totally wrong.

I'm pretty sure most 'MS fans' or, 360 owners, had a PS2 last generation.

Toma said:
The Key words are "Expanding the userbase". As they were able to sell more PS3 Units because of the launch of MGS4 they would have been able to sell more PS3 units because of FFXIII. Now the people who have to make a decision might go for the cheaper system and sony loses potential consumers.
4. ???
5. Profit for MS
no offense or anything, but i don't really care about that stuff.

quest

Not Banned from OT
JKBii said:
I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy and I don't even own a PS3 but I'd have to say Sony won the press conference battle. Nintendo is no longer competing and MS just didn't shock the way Sony did, not to mention Sony was walking into this wounded by FFXIII going to the 360.

Also, after watching all three conferences I just realized that they really don't matter that much. The industry no longer revolves around a couple of days of announcements, and companies can choose to blow their wad all at once like Sony did here, or they can use it as just one more advertising venue like Nintendo.

What shock did sony have? If you mean not showing any live demos of KZ2 and Motorstorm 2 you are right I was shocked they did not. If you mean shock over a video service welcome to last year Sony is only the 1000th company to start some sort of video download store.

MS won this year hands down thanks to live demos of games and a megaton. Nintendo forgot about anyone who was not super casual. Sony just dropped the ball they should of won E3. Live demos of R2,KZ2,LBP and Motorstorm 2 would of won the show hands down. Instead we get teasers, CGI videos and a terribly scripted sequence in R2.

el Diablo

Banned
Hands down the best show of the all the conferences at E3, my faith in Sony and the PS3 brand are restored.

Seriously

No really

I mean developers TOLD me how great the PS3 is, they didn't even have to SHOW me with gameplay they TOLD me and SHOWED some really slick CGI. Obviously my disappointment yesterday was an overreaction since i'm obviously playing the wrong genres of games. Clearly FPS are the way to go since that's where they're sinking all their time and money. If sh*t ain't blowing up and you aren't running around killing stuff it's clearly not worth playing.

FFChris

el Diablo said:
Hands down the best show of the all the conferences at E3, my faith in Sony and the PS3 brand are restored.

Seriously

No really

I mean developers TOLD me how great the PS3 is, they didn't even have to SHOW me with gameplay they TOLD me and SHOWED some really slick CGI. Obviously my disappointment yesterday was an overreaction since i'm obviously playing the wrong genres of games. Clearly FPS are the way to go since that's where they're sinking all their time and money.

:lol

Good stuff. I do love E3.

Top Bottom