• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
_leech_ said:
They won't have to do much to upstage Nintendo, but I think Microsoft might end up on top. Still, it'll be interesting.

Agreed, MS' conf (not even counting Natal which will be hardvaporware for another year) showed some nice stuff.

mckmas8808

Banned
It would be nice if Sony did show some very cool EyeToy stuff. Like the very advanced stuff they had 2 years ago.

Shurs

I want:

MAG live demo
God of War 3 live demo
Uncharted 2 live demo
Ratchet and Clank live demo
Heavy Rain live demo
Gran Turismo announcement with date
Metal Gear Solid 4 trophies
A look at the new PixelJunk game.
Fat Princess available on PSN today!
Patapon, Loco Roco and Parappa on PSN announcements.
Trico footage and release window
Starhawk or new Colony Wars
Yakuza 3 US announcement
Final Fantasy Versus trailer
Wipeout and Motorstorm DLC previews
Lost Planet 2 announcement

That should do it.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Grabbin a sandwich then I'm gonna eat the shit out of for 2 hours while I watch awesome

First new MGS trailer will be shown I'm betting. If not, it won't.

:D

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
maybe theyll bring me zelda : [

my tears are so bitter

i should bottle them and season my tea with them

VALIS

I want to see God of War III and a new Twisted Metal announcement. Plus PSN stuff.

Why is there so little price drop pressure being put on them anymore? Has everyone resigned Sony to being in 3rd place? It seems very likely they'll stay there this gen, but still, you want to see them remain competitive. Them falling further and further back is bad.

belvedere

Junior Butler
-COOLIO- said:
maybe theyll bring me zelda : [

my tears are so bitter

i should bottle them and season my tea with them

All hope isn't lost though, Team Ninja fucking Metroid.

That's like Kojima God of War.

Arnie

It won't be hard for Sony to top the shitfest that was Nintendo's press conference.

I want a MAG live demonstration and an Uncharted live demonstration. They are the two games that really interest me. Sony also need to take a cue from Microsoft, no shitting around talking about sales figures and showing bar graphs. If they are going to show GT5, I hope they display something that proves it can be more than what Forza 3 is doing, because at the moment, that game looks like everything I could ever want from a racing sim.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Baloonatic said:
I assume it's under the "Predictions" heading for a reason.
Reading comprehension. Sorry, I have lots on my plate and am trying to squeeze this one in.

Shard said:
Oh good, need a bit of a wake up after the Nintendo Conference.
You and me both. Microsoft was great and I expect the same here.

Concept17

If the "wand" can be actively applied to every kind of game, and not a lineup of simple strait-forward casual-friendly games, then it'll have my interest, otherwise, just show me some games.

And damnit Jaffe, I know you're there, just tell us what you're doing!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
belvedere said:
Grabbin a sandwich then I'm gonna eat the shit out of for 2 hours while I watch awesome

You eat sandwiches that have shit in them? :p

God of War III and GT5 is all I want. Oh and the less Jack talks, the better.

jibblypop

Banned
I was a bit disapointed with the Microsoft and Nintendo conferences even though they both showed off a few great games.

Now for Sony. you could win the show by announcing one thing and one thing only. A MASSIVE PRICE CUT! not a slight price cut but a massive one. I want your console so make it affordable to me and you win.

Get ready for total disappoint-ton. I dunno... I just dont think it will have either Microsoft's "polish" in the presentation, nor the game announcements megatons (We already know most of Sony's stuff) like Nintendo's (Team Ninja Metroid? OMG! Galaxy 2! Mario 2d for Wii! etc).

Then again... as long as they show Uncharted 2 and God of War 3... I am a happy guy. Its all about the games... I wish they treated this as a "SHOW" though... hoping for a show stopper.

However, if they show a wand today... Microsoft basically made it a laughing stock with their Natal stuff yesterday. Unless Sony announces this is available beginning in July or something. :lol :lol :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Chamber said:
I'm expecting a lot of 500 errors from this one.
Probably since it definitely has the most fanboy interest from both sides. I have no worries since they will have many great games on display. Microsoft and Sony seem to have this years E3 on lockdown. Can't forget to mention Mario, Metroid, and Golden Sun though. They were all really exciting to see.

Azrael

Concept17 said:
If the "wand" can be actively applied to every kind of game, and not a lineup of simple strait-forward casual-friendly games, then it'll have my interest, otherwise, just show me some games.

And damnit Jaffe, I know you're there, just tell us what you're doing!

They could just map left and right analog stick controls to two motion controllers. That's basically what the Frag FX does already.

Shurs

jibblypop said:
I was a bit disapointed with the Microsoft and Nintendo conferences even though they both showed off a few great games.

Now for Sony. you could win the show by announcing one thing and one thing only. A MASSIVE PRICE CUT! not a slight price cut but a massive one. I want your console so make it affordable to me and you win.

Get a second job, you peasant.

I don't think I'll be floored as almost everything kinda leaked already but there's indeed material for a solid conference.

alba

Little is the new Big
They can't do worse than Nintendo's. I just hope they're on the same level if not better than MS in terms of "No sales chart, you wanna see games!" kinda of philosophy.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Reading comprehension. Sorry, I have lots on my plate and am trying to squeeze this one in.

You and me both. Microsoft was great and I expect the same here.

I wasn't having a go or anything, it's kind of hard to see that in the OP :lol

Top Bottom