• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Ubisoft Conference of Crystals and Magnets (concluded)

Well, Ubisoft's games looked more interesting to me than EA's. EA's stuff looked like more of the same, Ubisoft had quirky and cool looking stuff. Never got a chance to play regular Laser Tag, might be interested in Ubisoft's version. Also interested in the Rabbids game, Rayman, and the maniaplanet thing.

bluehat9 said:
So the MJ thing was for a game....right? A game with gameplay or even a title shown for it?
:lol

Oh Ubi, next time bring some of what you're smoking to share with the audience.
yea, brah. no game. just MJ's logo and Ubi's name under it. I don't understand why they did that, becuase you expect a game to follow that scenario.

edit: oh, it is a game. good.

Pipomantis said:
No.

He never was involved in Flashback.

Another World and its eral sequel : Heart of the alien. And Then, Heart of Darkness.

BUT HE NEVER WORKED ON FLASHBACK.

Actually, he wasn't involved in Heart of the Alien either, just Out Of This World and Heart of Darkness. But yeah, somehow I didn't pay attention to the name on the Dust project when I watched the trailer... but now I've noticed. Woah, Eric Chahi is doing another game? Now I'm much more interested, and the trailer alone was pretty cool. What kind of game will it be, though... that is the question...

But whatever it is, it should be good. :)

Slurmer

Banned
Merguson said:
I don't care what anyone says but that was the WORST CONFERENCE so far.

dude, but dude they had assassin's creed (that's your hardcore), then the motion control stuff (that's your casual), then your lasertag (that's your 12 year old birthday party)

They covered everyone!!

sn00zer

Awesome opener... and a fitness game I might actually buy...and AC:B ots hotter than hell... look on the bright side gaf, it wasnt total 'shit'

bill.cosby

Neo Member
JWong said:
So...

EA: B+
Microsoft: D
Ubisoft: Z minus ^-999999

zombie-michael-jackson-1.jpg

RevoDS

What the hell is this? There are no words.

Still, better than Microsoft. Terrible all around, but redeemed by Rayman, Dust and Trackmania.

Replicant

What's with all of the awkward, embarrassing, and weird conferences this year? I hope these are all the bottom of the barrel and from here on things look up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would like to punch that Ghost Recon dev in the fucking face.

cunts.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I cannot believe how they botched Driver. GAH IM SO ANGRY.

I mean it was like:

We are pleased to announced Driver! Tanner is back!
Ok.

We're going back to San Fransisco, like the great chase movies.

Yes!

See as we go down this alleyway, full of junk and debris, classic Driver.

Yes! YES!

We're making the physics more like Driver 1.

YES! YES! YES!

But of course Tanner is in a coma so none of this is real, and in fact you can coma-shift in real time to any car you want!

OH HELL YE...wha...

why... I don't... I mean...

ralphplain.jpg

I like Game Trailers blurb for the Lazer Tag game

"E3 2010: Live Demo (Stream) - It's like you don't even need video games anymore!"

This is a sad day.

RS4-

Fuck, was Jade Raymond there?

Need pics of the blonde chick during the MJ bit at the end.

Only thing that blew me away was the Rayman art.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
My god this E3 feels like the death of videogaming. I've seen more motion control/dance game/fitness games in 8 hours to last a lifetime. I'm dreading tomorrow.

You might want to skip Activision's conference then. :lol

Take this Ubisoft conference, then add 25 minutes of James Cameron doing nothing but talking about the plot of Avatar, then add 15 minutes of Pele' telling his entire life story to fill time when a video of his game didn't play, add every single joke told by Joel McHale not being funny, add more boredom and less games, then add an entire night full of teleprompter mishaps, missed queues, and audio/video difficulties. That was last years Ubisoft conference.

You people have no idea how lucky you are right now.

Edit: Whoops I forgot. Last year we were treated to an incomprehensible 25 minute speech from Yves Guillemot as well.

ArjanN

PsychoRaven said:
You think? There is no doubt that this made Microsoft's look good.

If I'd rate Microsoft's a 3 just due to Halo: Reach and Gears, then Ubisofts has to be rated a - 23.

Last year Ubi's conference just had James Cameron talking for hours about Avatar the movie.

This year they had:
Child of Eden
Assassins Creed
Rayman
Project Dust by ERIC CHAHI
Ghost Recon

which all look good.

Sure the lows in the conference were lower, but there were a bunch of good games there.

bathala

Banned
StuBurns said:
BG&E's Jade or Raymond?

Both MIA unfortunately.

So far:

EA > MS > Ubi

so just real Jade Raymond
RS4- said:
Fuck, was Jade Raymond there?

Need pics of the blonde chick during the MJ bit at the end.

Only thing that blew me away was the Rayman art.
post conf. being interviewed right now by G4

I don't get the bitching at Driver.

It removes the retarded mechanic of walking and switching cars.

Unless you liked it in the other games.

Oh right, no one liked it because it's retarded.

Kayhan

Replicant said:
What's with all of the awkward, embarrassing, and weird conferences this year? I hope these are all the bottom of the barrel and from here on things look up.
They are like this every year

1-D_FTW

Rayman Origins and then confirmation that all the Mania's are still in development (with Trackmania 2 getting a beta in Q4) = conference redeemed.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How do ubisoft make money? Who buys this shovelware? How in gods name could someone look at that lineup and be optimistic about the company? Im baffled, that conference makes me feel ill.

Basch

LongDongJunon said:
You guys just dont get GET what Ubisoft was going for. It's just so meta.

Let me break it down MENTALLY.

They had what was ostensibly another shitty conference out of IRONY . It was a parody of last year's conference. That's all.

I still love Joel Mchale btw.

That's what I keep telling myself too, but then I realize...

J-Rzez said:
Is... is it over? Is it safe to go on the internet again?

I blacked out for a while there, I had a bad dream, one where Ghost Recon was destroyed, hopefully it was a dream.

...I'm still dreaming.

GWX

Rayman and Nadeo stuff was awesome. Can't wait to beta test not only Trackmania 2, but also Questmania and Shootmania!

Driver looks interesting. Kinda crazy, though, but it could work.

Karram

EA- 8/10
Almost every game they have shown was great but the lack of Portal 2 and Mirrors edge 2 announcement was a bummer
MS- 4/10
Other than Gears 3, Halo Reach and the 360 redesign the conference was terrible.
Ubisoft- 4/10
GRAW, AC, Rayman and MJ game kinda saved the show.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Think I already played Dust, but it was called Black and White. I didn't like it much then. At this point all there is is an interesting pataponesque CG, until they deliver some real info I can't really get enthused.

EDIT: I didn't see the thread specifically for the game, a thread which links to footage, footage that for some reason Ubisoft didn't care to show at the press event?

Top Bottom