• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Ubisoft Conference of Crystals and Magnets (concluded)

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So what I am personally interested in after seeing that.

Rez..er... Children of Eden! - I tried Rez just recently, and I loved it - and this actually looks kind of cool, hoping that it proves enjoyable.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - I don't know if there is going to be co-op in this game, and even if there isn't, I am going to enjoy it. But PLEASE let there be co-op. I am glad they are going to try to bring the game online.

Shaun White Skateboarding - I don't know what it is, but I want this game. I played Skate 1, and that really pulled me back into the skateboarding game world after Tony Hawk kind of ruined it for me, but I haven't really felt the need to play the new Skate (2/3) games.

Something about this, maybe because it's a mix of Flower/Saboteur/Skate - it just seems like a really original attempt at a genre that has been nearly beaten to death. I want it, and hopefully it fulfills my needs.

Your Shape 2 - Erm, I feel kind of guilty for saying this, but I do want this - that punching/kicking mini-game looked like something that I would enjoy. And considering how often my girlfriend does those Dvd-workouts (pretty much every goddamn day), I think this is something she might enjoy as well, probably more than me.

Dust - Is this going to be a unique and interesting take on Black & White? I don't know, I want it though, good teaser.

GRAW: Future - I am confused at the people complaining about being cloaked - do you think you'll play the entire game cloaked, or that you'll be able to? I am just trying to better understand the complaints, it looked like being cloaked was integral to the gameplay (being stealthy) - I am assuming that not all levels consist of that sort of gameplay. In the end, I have been trying to get more into shooters (I don't play them enough) and this has piqued my interest - the group snipe scene was cool!

Rayman - SO artsy, and the last Rayman game I played was so long ago I don't actually remember any of it, but I do have that dull nostalgic feeling. Prolly going to jump in.

ManiaPlanet - Really just the RPG platform, something that really needs to be encouraged and enriched - I was hoping that LBP2 would do it, and now I am hoping these both do it. I don't know the details yet, but if you can make RPG's with easy to use tools and a lot of customization, with peer ranking? Definitely want to jump in.

There were other games of course, but these were the only ones that really grabbed me - still compared to the EA/Microsoft conference, pleasantly surprised!

Mr Cola said:
How do ubisoft make money? Who buys this shovelware? How in gods name could someone look at that lineup and be optimistic about the company? Im baffled, that conference makes me feel ill.

ezk84x.gif

Rahxephon91 said:
I like Game Trailers blurb for the Lazer Tag game

"E3 2010: Live Demo (Stream) - It's like you don't even need video games anymore!"

This is a sad day.
It still looks fun. Who cares whether it counts as a regular "video game" or not?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Mr Cola said:
How do ubisoft make money? Who buys this shovelware? How in gods name could someone look at that lineup and be optimistic about the company? Im baffled, that conference makes me feel ill.

Alot of people were like...

ezk84x.gif

They can't believe they survived

trejo

You know what? Fuck it. Ubisoft's conference > EA's conference. Sure the whole middle part was abysmal/hilarious and it ended with suddenly, Michael Jackson, but at least they showed some variety. EA's was nothing but a parade of shooter after shooter after shooter. And fucking Gun Club, ugh.

Tain said:
omg shootmania questmania trackmania.

Best announcement so far at E3.
THIS!

I thought UBI axed Shootmania and Questmania. They are known for over a year now and nobody knew what they would end up being.

Sounds too awesome to be true.

Raxus

Mr Cola said:
Just breathe...breathe...now strap on this device and breathe...

I <3 Memes said:
Take this Ubisoft conference, then add 25 minutes of James Cameron doing nothing but talking about the plot of Avatar, then add 15 minutes of Pele' telling his entire life story to fill time when a video of his game didn't play, add every single joke told by Joel McHale not being funny, add more boredom and less games, then add an entire night full of teleprompter mishaps, missed queues, and audio/video difficulties. That was last years Ubisoft conference.

You people have no idea how lucky you are right now.

The hell of James Cameron was that he went on far longer than anyone would've ever expected, and no one could figure out when he would stop. It was like being trapped in an elevator with him, waiting for the power to come back on.

Didn't '09's show also have some point where they were knee-deep into little girl games, effectively, "We know what everyone's here for... HORSIES!" or something of that nature? Some online portal, I remember.

The only thing close to the level of Ubi '09 was that Laser Tag sequence. And that was pretty embarassing, no argument there.

Razor210

AlphaTwo00 said:
I don't get the bitching at Driver.

It removes the retarded mechanic of walking and switching cars.

Unless you liked it in the other games.

Oh right, no one liked it because it's retarded.
It also makes it so that you can't actually fail.

well, they can't make it actually as bad as they made it seem. right?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
trejo said:
You know what? Fuck it. Ubisoft's conference > EA's conference. Sure the whole middle part was abysmal/hilarious and it ended with suddenly, Michael Jackson, but at least they showed some variety. EA's was nothing but a parade of shooter after shooter after shooter. And fucking Gun Club, ugh.
Well, EA certainly wins on presentation which is a big deal when you're watching but yeah, as far as software is concerned, I'd probably side with Ubi.

Korey

6iybk3.jpg

I'm seriously looking forward to how Ubisoft's going to top themselves next year. And they almost certainly will. It's almost a troll at this point.

Socreges

Banned
AlphaTwo00 said:
I don't get the bitching at Driver.

It removes the retarded mechanic of walking and switching cars.

Well that's all very true. They obviously included this bizarre coma/shift bullshit so as to fix that. But the fix itself is just... Driver isn't science-fiction. It's inspired by classic car chases in old action movies. By having the player able to spontaneously appear in another car of their choosing, the suspension of disbelief is fucked. The nature and feel of the game is completely transformed.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing how it plays. Maybe they got it to work without compromising the game's other qualities.

Raxus

truly101 said:
moment of silence for BG&E2 since its clearly dead?
Sad but outside of a few, like myself, who played the original it is probably going to be vaporware. We were thiiiiiis close too.

Cruzader

Banned
Karram said:
EA- 8/10
Almost every game they have shown was great but the lack of Portal 2 and Mirrors edge 2 announcement was a bummer
MS- 4/10
Other than Gears 3, Halo Reach and the 360 redesign the conference was terrible.
Ubisoft- 4/10
GRAW, AC, Rayman and MJ game kinda saved the show.
Well said.

ScrubJay

There was something undermining every part of that presentation. From Joel's awkward aloofness, the braindead Assassins Creed AI, the helicopter out of nowhere in Ghost Recon, to ending things on a dance sequence, this conference was just terrible in content and delivery.

Looking forward to an even worse conference next year!

bathala said:
just be glad its not announce.

u might play as a coma soldier with invincible buddies

AlphaTwo00 said:
I don't get the bitching at comas and invincible buddies.

It removes the retarded mechanic of dieing and having to start over from checkpoints.

:D

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Raxus said:
Sad but outside of a few, like myself, who played the original it is probably going to be vaporware. We were thiiiiiis close too.

You were never close to begin with, sorry to disappoint you.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
shwimpy said:
Ubisoft dude just said they're showing AC:Brotherhood's MP @ Sony's show tomorrow.

We get to see more Dead Space 2 as well. Sony is looking to have an alright conference providing they don't go retarded on Move but they probably will.

Magnus

You know what, this Ubisoft travesty has single-handedly justified the existence of the "Spoiler-free GAF E3" thread to me. The experience of watching terrible, surprising things like the Laser Quest game unfold needs to be perfectly preserved.

cooljeanius said:
It still looks fun. Who cares whether it counts as a regular "video game" or not?
I don't know. I guess gamers would care, this being a video game show presented by a video game developer.

That and the fact that Lazer Tag, is well fucking lazer tag.

recklessmind said:
They finally killed it dead.

R. I. fucking P.
I'm getting that impression :(

Is there a video out there of the Ghost Recon bits? I want to know how much this warrants on the seething rage scale.

DMczaf

If Ubisoft does this 3 years in a row next year, can they get their press conference privileges taken away and given to someone who will actually use them?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
EA: 7/10 (gets -1 point for the shitty Sims 3 part, otherwise good stuff overall)
Ubi: 4/10 (sort of awful, but new Rayman and MJ redeems them)
MS: lol/10 (Gears 3 had nice graphics, MGS Rising looks cool and that one game they showed early on was nice, but the rest was a total trainwreck)

Basch

The thing about Future Soldier is that it is pleasantly cinematic. However, this is Ghost Recon we're talking about here. It's not supposed to be easy! (imagine's John Locke: "It's never been easy.") When you can sneak past three targets not but three feet away without any repercussion whatsoever, you should know something's wrong here. WHY?!? I remember how fun it used to be coordinating strikes from afar via co-op. Now, you don't need to. This should be called Splinter Cell: Future Soldier instead.

Cruzader

Banned
NinjaFridge said:
We get to see more Dead Space 2 as well. Sony is looking to have an alright conference providing they don't go retarded on Move but they probably will.
With their awesome games lineup, Move casual stuff wont hurt its show compared to MS/Ubi shit.

Them having Sly Cooper HD at E3 means they still have games unlike noone else.

Korey

Combichristoffersen said:
EA: 7/10 (gets -1 point for the shitty Sims 3 part, otherwise good stuff overall)
Ubi: 4/10 (sort of awful, but new Rayman and MJ redeems them)
MS: lol/10 (Gears 3 had nice graphics, MGS Rising looks cool and that one game they showed early on was nice, but the rest was a total trainwreck)
Thing about Microsoft is, if some of the stuff didn't leak, it would've been new and exciting (like the slim redesign). None of the Ubi soft leaked and it was hysterically awesome.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Cruzader said:
With their awesome games lineup, Move casual stuff wont hurt its show compared to MS/Ubi shit.

Them having Sly Cooper HD at E3 means they still have games unlike noone else.

:lol

I especially enjoyed getting to see Felicia take off her shirt again.

Anyway like it or not Ubisoft's conference was...sigh... memorable once again.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Korey said:
Thing about Microsoft is, if some of the stuff didn't leak, it would've been new and exciting (like the slim redesign). None of the Ubi soft leaked and it was hysterically awesome.

The fugly redesign would've made the MS presser even more of a trainwreck hadn't it leaked beforehand :lol The negative reactions after the Cirque de Soleil fiasco certainly didn't help MS either.

Top Bottom