• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2012 News Summary Thread

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
jQseb.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
MS showed kinda sucked...Valve announced that Portal 2 thing, and didn't UbiConf show some sort of editor for FC3 very briefly?

still doesn't give you a bingo lol

I dunno. I didn't HATE the MS show.. It certainly wasn't as bad as 2010/2011. Although I was tempted to fill in the "something goes horribly wrong" for Nintendo's conference LOL

I could not follow it this year, but it seems like I did not miss much .....

I kinda hoped to see the new hardware, but without that it is just an E3 of end of the generation, where a lot of the development has already moved to the next gen.

Better like this .... I will have time to slim down my backlog !

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where can I watch the Nintendo conference in it's entirety? Just got home and don't know where to ask.

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm not even sure what title I should search for, but was there any announcement for a game on the Vita that would essentially be portable Demon's Souls? Thanks

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is there any word on Deadly Premonition PS3?

MNC

So when is that Nintendo hardware/software thing? I thought that was supposed to happen about 2 hours ago?

Mitama

Easily the worst E3 I've ever seen. Almost makes me wanna say "video gaming is dead". The most exciting announcement to me was SMT4 on 3DS and that wasn't even part of E3 lol.

bill0527

Easily the worst E3 I've ever seen. Almost makes me wanna say "video gaming is dead". The most exciting announcement to me was SMT4 on 3DS and that wasn't even part of E3 lol.

This generation is dead.

Nobody had much of anything worthwhile except the same old shit we've gotten for most of this generation.

I expect another YoY of NPD overall industry declines.

I just don't give a damn anymore. I'll be out shopping for a new video card for my PC to carry me over until our console overlords have decided they've sucked the tit so dry that they're forced to bring us something new.

Magnus

Is anyone else sick and fucking tired of zombies? They've been everywhere the last three years. Enough.

Sianos

"Okay, guys.

ShockingAlberto real-talk here.

E3 isn't what you think it is anymore, at least not for Nintendo. This isn't to say it's for casuals or hardcores or time travelers or whatever. It's a show, in the middle of the year, in an industry that no longer needs to depend on shows in the middle of the year. Ubisoft did the best this year because they happened to have a new IP ready, the timing was right after the AC3 reveal, the the Wii U NDAs let them reveal that game here this year. Not because E3 is Christmas.

Sony is pretty much the only one who still treats E3 like the event you guys want it to be and they are hilariously incompetent at it.

Look at all the games and publishers who pulled out this year. Their was more worth to spending time working on the games than taking a week out of your schedule and however many weeks before to getting a playable version of your game set up for E3. Even Capcom couldn't be bothered to really have a presence for their 2013 titles this year.

E3 is about the next six months. It is about the year it is in. In a world with high-speed connections and a site exclusively dedicated to show trailers of video games, E3 pressers are ways to build up hype for the games you can sell this year.

Santa Claus isn't real. And moreover, you no longer get presents on Christmas day. It sucks, but this is reality now."

- Shocking Alberto

It's been a pleasure serving with you all.

This generation has dragged on for too long and this is one of the worst E3's in history. The news in this thread is depressing.

MIMIC

Banned
Thank you, Jesus for this thread.

I wasn't really keeping up with E3 this year (found out a few days ago that it wasn't even in May, lol) so thanks for this.

EDIT: RE6 looks awful, lol *crying*

I am. That old saying everything is better with zombies in it is horseshit.

It doesn't help that everything with zombies in it is the same exact damn thing. It's why I have not pledged to the Dead State kickstarter.

The last truly original zombie game was Left 4 Dead. Day Z is fun, but at the end of the day, it's just another user-run sandbox game with absolutely no point.

Did we have a post E3 media awards thing? It's always nice to celebrate the best coverage of E3. Maybe not as far as specific tweeters, but there has been some great discussion, podcasts and video content from the show.

Pranay

Did we have a post E3 media awards thing? It's always nice to celebrate the best coverage of E3. Maybe not as far as specific tweeters, but there has been some great discussion, podcasts and video content from the show.

yeah, their is a gaf e3 awards thread

Liberty4all

Banned
I just got back from Cuba and missed everything last week so I appreciate this thread. Dust stuff looks cool. No more planet side 2 info?

Top Bottom