• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 | Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3

zroid

Banned
I want to save Mario maker as a surprise. Don't want to spoil the fun for myself.

That's fair!

However, I'll add that the thing about the Mario Maker segments that's really cool is they often give you a taste of the stage design process. Like one of them they sort of went step-by-step the thought process that went into designing a couple of the NWC courses. It's pretty interesting stuff, so consider checking those out.

Altazor

I want to save Mario maker as a surprise. Don't want to spoil the fun for myself.

just in case you didn't know: the levels that were played as the NWC finals were made by Treehouse staff, that they'll be part of the actual game when it's released and that the Treehouse staffers who actually made those levels were told during the stream, by Miyamoto himself. It was such a great/sweet moment :D

Just caught up on the final Mario Maker segment. Oh my God those levels are genius. Some of the level names are hilarious too. Those wigglers man..good lord lol.

I might actually get HR to buy a Wii U and a copy of this for the office. This is seriously one of the best party games ever, especially considering you dont even need to play to join in on the tension and excitement.

Another great Treehouse down. It's pretty amazing how it went after the DE letdown. Fatal Frame was one of the best parts for me and I'm glad they gave it some attention. Sam and Ali were also great to watch. Looking forward to next year!

Where are all the E3 GIFs?
JtOA6fU.gif

T7lHdvD.gif

YQa9yEG.gif

Velcro Fly

Treehouse was great.

The Digital Event was meh but the Treehouse people were great. You can really tell they love what they do and have a lot of fun showing off new games. Even though some of the stuff didn't interest me and I watched less than last year, it was still a great time. I'm really glad they did this again and hope they keep doing it.

DaBoss

Almost all of the Day 3 links are up. Just 3 more for them to upload. I'm glad they have been uploading them quickly as separate videos. Also glad that they made a list of games they've shown, makes it much easier for me than to stay glued on to the screen or bug other people for lists lol.
cDkQDXR.png

Wow, ok. :lol
Don't mind that guy. That site has racist and anti-LGBTQ commentary, it's just ridiculous to even look through.

The people who run the site have been banned on GAF, unless they have alts.

Treehouse was great.

The Digital Event was meh but the Treehouse people were great. You can really tell they love what they do and have a lot of fun showing off new games. Even though some of the stuff didn't interest me and I watched less than last year, it was still a great time. I'm really glad they did this again and hope they keep doing it.

My thoughts, exactly. It's really cool to know that even if Nintendo has a lackluster Digital Event again in future years, Treehouse Live can still make E3 fun for Nintendo fans. Thanks a lot, Treehouse!

Hero

Treehouse is honestly the best thing about E3 after having seen it two years in a row now.

Everybody on there seems so damn awesome and charming and like real people I would actually want to play these games with. I want a job there.

Treehouse is honestly the best thing about E3 after having seen it two years in a row now.

Yep, and they even build up on that with the awesome NWC. If you guys are reading this: Thanks again & Please pull a Blizzcon next year. Leave E3 behind and do your own show. Everything is already in place.. just do it. E3 is just too toxic and too focused on 51 minutes of video. It´s a shame your work will be overshadowed by this.

Nanashrew

Banned
Awww you guys, Morgan from the treehouse tweeted this.

bqmeqnufiumb.png

https://twitter.com/MorgRitchie/status/611716850582302720

They all read :p

--

But yeah, the whole Treehouse Live was amazing and I'll never forget it, just like I haven't forgotten last year's Treehouse Live. I always hear the cynical and tiring stories surrounding E3 and I imagine things are really hard so I have lots of appreciation for the work they all do with this stuff and how tough it may be.

Also, NWC needs to happen again or something big like it. It was so incredibly awesome and thrilling.

SalvaPot

It was a great show! All my love to the treehouse staff and the developers, I am going to play so many of the games this guys worked so hard on.

guek

Banned
Treehouse is the best thing about E3 after the big conferences and events. They definitely sold me on a few games I had written off

javadoze

I was pretty disappointed with the digital event and Nintendo's lineup for the year and early 2016.

...Which is what I would've said after it. However, the Treehouse live streams went a long way in leveling out my opinion on everything. Now I feel better on Nintendo's offerings for the year (though it seems like they were being stretched thin on games as they went on).

Overall, the NWC was pretty exciting and the Treehouse Live stuff was arguably what redeemed the digital event for me...
and the muppets.

I hope it comes back next year. I can't imagine an E3 without Treehouse.
I think at the end of the stream, one of the team members heavily implied they'll return next year.

LOLDSFAN

I was pretty disappointed with the digital event and Nintendo's lineup for the year and early 2016.

...Which is what I would've said after it. However, the Treehouse live streams went a long way in leveling out my opinion on everything. Now I feel better on Nintendo's offerings for the year (though it seems like they were being stretched thin on games as they went on).

Overall, the NWC was pretty exciting and the Treehouse Live stuff was arguably what redeemed the digital event for me...
and the muppets.

I think at the end of the stream, one of the team members heavily implied they'll return next year.

Yeah last year I watched Treehouse religiously but the Digital Event this year also bummed me out so I didn't bother watching much of the Treehouse this time around.

Sounds like I missed some good stuff though. Only managed to catch FAST Neo Racing and bits and pieces of other things. Hopefully next E3 I get a little more involved. :)

Nanashrew

Banned
GAF is hardly the main source of Nintendo hate

True. Though I largely remained on Twitter and here occasionally, I've tried to avoid the other threads with how negative and angry they got. After the Digital Event I think the only person in my timeline that was positive was Chindogg... I had to minimize Twitter and GAF for awhile because there was so much irrational rage going on. But I'm glad it calmed down as Treehouse went on and people were starting to enjoy things again.

I've convinced myself Yoshi's Woolly World is going to be a stellar and innovative platformer rather than a pure, but pretty cakewalk.
Am I crazy? Has there been a good general consensus in here about it?

hatchx

Banned
Live Treehouse is a lot of fun. I'm often surprised by how bad they are at the games, but they are really entertaining. I have a crush on Audrey and I'm not afraid to admit it, I remember listening to her on the IGN Nintendo podcast way back when.

SalvaPot

I've convinced myself Yoshi's Woolly World is going to be a stellar and innovative platformer rather than a pure, but pretty cakewalk.

Yoshi is going to be better than the SNES Yoshi.

OH SNAP.

Altazor

from what I saw @ Treehouse Live, it's definitely harder than it looks. Not Super Meat Boy-hard, but I think it won't be Kirby's Epic Yarn-easy either.

DaBoss

I don't think you're crazy and I feel there has been mostly positive impressions.

Then there's this tweet: https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/611309700752216066

I have strongly felt that this is THE Yoshi game I've been waiting for since Yoshi's Island since last year.

Kinsei

Banned
I've been catching up on some of the stuff i've missed and Zelda (can't wait to try it this weekend!), M&L, Super Mystery Dungeon, and Skylanders all look super fun. It sucks that quite a few games didn't appeal to me this year (FE, SMTxFE, Fatal Frame, and so on) but thems the breaks I guess.

I think I'm done with all of the hyperbole. It feels like you have to act super angry when talking about games that disappoint you on forums because it seems like just liking or just disliking a game is ignored. It's tiring feigning all this anger.

Top Bottom