• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

I understand were I misleaded you in my logic.

Every time cdpr is at media people talk/ask about cyberpunk 2077.

The same can't be said about any VR announcement, or Sony conference. Even if talked, it's by a minory.

It's not about if people understand or not, even if it helps people to like something.
It's about popularity. How many times people talked about no man's sky at E3 for been excited to hear some news?

Ser the posts in this thread as a pure example. It's sad, but true.
If people are like "damn I want to see nms" and remember it constantly, they are hyped. But if they are "Oh, they talked about nms. I remember that. Its going to be awesome", its not hype.

What are you going on about? NMS is one of the more hyped games coming out anytime soon. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really care about it.

Alright, a little game. Put these games in the order that they'll show up at Sony's press conference. If you don't think a game I list will be at their presser, leave it off the list. (we must see a trailer or demo for it to count)

Street Fighter V
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Star Wars: Battlefront
Ratchet & Clank
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
No Man's Sky
Tearaway: Unfolded
The Tomorrow Children

I loved FFXII but I don't understand what is going on.

I saw a lot of hatred when it was talked about(Most because of Van?) and now people want that?

Yup. I want it. But, where is the hate from before?

For me, the problem was that there wasn't a clear main protagonist. In fact, the game tended to switch from arc to arc. It was really awkward that you start off with Vaan at the beginning, but never shined as much as Balthier, Bosch, and Ashe.

The other problem was that because the PS2 was region-locked, I was stuck with the American version. I never had the chance to play the Zodiac Edition, which added a lot of stuff.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Set Piece Gameplay)
Ratchet & Clank (Gameplay Reveal)
Until Dawn (Gameplay Trailer)
Tearaway: Unfolded (Release Date Trailer)
The Tomorrow Children (Release Date Trailer)
No Man's Sky (Hopefully Release Date Trailer + Morpheus Announcement?)
Bloodborne (CGI Expansion Trailer)
Persona 5 (Small Trailer with launch window)
[Insert Indie Games here] (Probably a montage)
Batman Arkham Knight (Launch Trailer)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Hopefully the last Kojima edited trailer :( thought I wouldn't mind "Nuclear" being his last trailer)
Street Fighter V (Character Reveal)
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Gameplay presenting the bro/sis switch mechanic)
Destiny (Expansion Trailer)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Co-Op Gameplay Reveal)
Star Wars: Battlefront (Gameplay Reveal)
God of War IV (Teaser Trailer a la U4 )
Added the bold ones. I think they should do it like last year where they started with the 1st party stuff, move on to the 2nd party (aka exclusive dlc and what not), then the 3rd party and lastly 1-2 surprise 1st party announcements. Obviously I just put the titles we know are coming, I expect a few first party I.P.s to get announced.

RPGamer92

Banned
Alright, a little game. Put these games in the order that they'll show up at Sony's press conference. If you don't think a game I list will be at their presser, leave it off the list. (we must see a trailer or demo for it to count)

Street Fighter V
Ratchet & Clank
No Man's Sky
The Tomorrow Children
Battlefront
Uncharted 4
Black Ops 3
No Man's Sky
MGS V
The Tomorrow Children
Ass Creed
Street Fighter V
Ratchet and Clank
Tearaway Unfolded

Street Fighter V
Ratchet & Clank
No Man's Sky
The Tomorrow Children

A lot missing but I'll bite

Uncharted 4 - showcase
MM New IP - trailer
The Tomorrow Children - trailer
No Mans Sky - showcase
Rime - showcase
WiLD - trailer
Ratchet and Clank - trailer
MGSV - showcase
Call of Duty - showcase
Star Wars Battlefront - showcase
GG New IP - trailer
Street Fighter V - showcase
Tekken 7 - trailer
New Soul Calibur - trailer
The Witness - showcase
Kings Quest - trailer
Persona 5 - trailer
Star Ocean 5 - trailer
FFXII HD - trailer
Full Throttle - trailer
Bloodborne DLC tease - trailer
Level 5 JRPG - trailer
The Last Guardian - showcase

Don't think Tearaway will be shown outside of maybe a quick snip within a montage. That will be playable on the show floor and hype will come from impressions

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Battlefront
Uncharted 4
Black Ops 3
No Man's Sky
MGS V
The Tomorrow Children
Ass Creed
Street Fighter V
Ratchet and Clank
Tearaway Unfolded

God the predictions in here are grim, I'm really hoping sony doesn't just curl up and go all 3rd party. UC4 and NMS are a given and the UC collection. I really hope they reveal something new whether a new IP or new exclusive. Timed SFV and smaller games just aren't cutting it for me right now.

God the predictions in here are grim, I'm really hoping sony doesn't just curl up and go all 3rd party. UC4 and NMS are a given and the UC collection. I really hope they reveal something new whether a new IP or new exclusive. Timed SFV and smaller games just aren't cutting it for me right now.

If it makes any difference, SFV is permanently exclusive to PS4.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If it makes any difference, SFV is permanent PS4.

It doesn't really, it's also a pc release, and I just don't have much interest in it. I get the hype for it, but I want something out of WWS here. Really hoping Sony Bend or at the very least GG show up.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Whatever they show of Uncharted 4, it best not be another 15 minute demo. I want to see a tightly edited game trailer with some story elements in there.

Also, if they show off Horizon, I really hope it's a gameplay trailer, or SOME information about the gameplay, CGI trailers need to be done away with.

It doesn't really, it's also a pc release, and I just don't have much interest in it. I get the hype for it, but I want something out of WWS here. Really hoping Sony Bend or at the very least GG show up.

I know what you're saying. I'm really looking towards Horizon and whatever else gets announced for 2016. I've accepted this year will be slow for WWS, but maybe they can negate that with ultra hype for what's coming next year and beyond!

Luke_Wal

Whatever they show of Uncharted 4, it best not be another 15 minute demo. I want to see a tightly edited game trailer with some story elements in there.

Also, if they show off Horizon, I really hope it's a gameplay trailer, or SOME information about the gameplay, CGI trailers need to be done away with.

I get the impression by how much Sony tries to market the Killzone games that they really believe in Guerilla, and I think that Horizon's place as one of the first major potential franchises on PS4 means that it will get a lot of attention from them as a whole. I think it'll launch a few months after UC4, and they'll market it as their major summer title. Early May sounds right to me. With that kind of timetable, if it's not a stage demo, it'll be either playable behind closed doors or on the floor.

Sony really does have a killer lineup in the wings for next year

UC4
Horizon
Ratchet
Morpheus
NMS (if it's not this year)
Bend's game (assumedly)
SFV
GT7?

I would add God of War if I wasn't convinced it was a March 2017 game, I suppose it could be their Holiday 2016 game, but I guess with Sony, that basically means it's a March 2017 game, right?
:p

Corpsepyre

Banned
I get the impression by how much Sony tries to market the Killzone games that they really believe in Guerilla, and I think that Horizon's place as one of the first major potential franchises on PS4 means that it will get a lot of attention from them as a whole. I think it'll launch a few months after UC4, and they'll market it as their major summer title. Early May sounds right to me. With that kind of timetable, if it's not a stage demo, it'll be either playable behind closed doors or on the floor.

Sony really does have a killer lineup in the wings for next year

UC4
Horizon
Ratchet
Morpheus
NMS (if it's not this year)
Bend's game (assumedly)
SFV
GT7?

I would add God of War if I wasn't convinced it was a March 2017 game, I suppose it could be their Holiday 2016 game, but I guess with Sony, that basically means it's a March 2017 game, right?
:p

That's quite the early prediction for Horizon's release, no?

As for GoW4, March 2017 seems about right. They've released all their games, save for Ghost of Sparta, in March, for whatever reason.

Ray Down

Banned

Judging by Rohde tweet, Bend might be there to show there TLOU esq open world horror game.

Shinobi has said before Sony plans to reveal Horizen at E3.

That's quite the early prediction for Horizon's release, no?

As for GoW4, March 2017 seems about right. They've released all their games, save for Ghost of Sparta, in March, for whatever reason.

It been in the works for about four years now, I believe its ready for fall next year.

What Layden tweet?

FYI, all SCE President or CEO twitter accounts are fake.

There's only 2 high-level management level SCE employees on Twitter, and that's Shu Yoshida and Phil Rosenberg.

Probably means Scott Rhodes' tweet about visiting Bend, Oregon

Shu, Scott and other WWS employees also visited SP recently.

Not sure if I would read too much into it.One would assume with Shu being in America ATM, visiting all the first party studios to review their current progress is part of the agenda.

Not sure why people have such low expectations, but I think this year will be good (certainly better than last year). Sony has held a lot close to their chest from some of their most prominent studios that are ready to show something new. Sure, it won't be for 2015...but this year isn't just about 2015 (or at least it shouldn't be).

I expect at least something from GG, QD, or Media Molecule (perhaps two or more if we're lucky), as well as some SCEJ surprises (not necessarily TLG, but that could happen).

Some people are concerned about Morpheus getting too much exposure, but honestly that's one area I'm most excited about. I think Media Molecule could potentially reveal some mind blowing killer app launch title for the device.

For as many people who are "meh" on third party games that release year after year, wouldn't Morpheus be a breath of fresh air? For me it is. I'm looking forward to experiencing something genuinely new and exciting. VR is the uncharted frontier of videogames at the moment.

RPGamer92

Banned
I was just going by the list he gave. I guess that we'll see reveals for Horizon, Bend's game, Level 5's game, and The Last Guardian at the conference as well.

To contextualise Sony's current slate, except the currently undated Everybody's Golf, everything Sony has announced to date as far as retail games are concerned are only up till early Spring 2016, and that's because of delays.

We know absolutely nothing about what Sony's pre-delay retail Spring, Summer, Fall 2016 lineup looks like because they haven't been announced.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Judging by Rohde tweet, Bend might be there to show there TLOU esq open world horror game.

Shinobi has said before Sony plans to reveal Horizen at E3.

It been in the works for about four years now, I believe its ready for fall next year.

I was just going by the list he gave. I guess that we'll see reveals for Horizon, Bend's game, Level 5's game, and The Last Guardian at the conference as well.

That would be INSANE. Like I said I'll take

Obvious- UC4 blowout release date, etc., UC collection details release date etc., NMS release date. Morpheus details, indie montage including- WILD, Rime, the witness, Tearaway , etc. SFV. 3rd parties- COD, Battlefront, AC, Destiny.

Possible

Horizon- Hopeful
Bend- 50/50
Level 5- hopeful
TLG- 5% LOL every year I fell for it, not this year though.

If we got 2 of those final 4 I'd be ecstatic. I doubt Cage's game is ready to be shown but maybe a teaser, GOW4 could get a tiny teaser letting people know it exists, Media Molecule still seems far off somehow, and more capcom/squeenix stuff is likely- maybe deep down, star ocean, etc.

v1lla21

Imagine.
Voice over guy with all lights and panels off.
"You've all been waiting for him, and he's finally here!"
Cue crazy ass montage of Crash over the years.
Screen goes black.
"He's back." Appears on screen.
A redesigned Crash appears.
He looks like Seth Green.
Ryu appears next to Crash.
Boom.
Crash skin will be available with SFV pre-orders.
PC Exclusive.

Not sure why people think Media Molecule is far off from showing something.

It's been nearly 4.5 years since their last big project. This is from a pretty efficient team that delivered the original LBP and LBP2 in much less time than that...The Tearaway titles are from a really small sub-section of their dev team.

I have a feeling whatever they're working on is going to be magnificent given the time they've had.

For Sony, we know that Level 5 will show up with a new title, and Guerilla Games showing up with Horizon and Bend showing up with their game are imo, pretty much locks. That's 3 big new game announcements, and if I'm honest I strongly suspect there will be a few more, especially from Japanese publishers. Those aren't even unrealistic expectations either as I'll be absolutely shocked if they don't happen.

Imagine.
Voice over guy with all lights and panels off.
"You've all been waiting for him, and he's finally here!"
Cue crazy ass montage of Crash over the years.
Screen goes black.
"He's back." Appears on screen.
A redesigned Crash appears.
He looks like Seth Green.
Ryu appears next to Crash.
Boom.
Crash skin will be available with SFV pre-orders.
PC Exclusive.

You got me at "PC exclusive" lol

I doubt Cage's game is ready to be shown but maybe a teaser, GOW4 could get a tiny teaser letting people know it exists, Media Molecule still seems far off somehow, and more capcom/squeenix stuff is likely- maybe deep down, star ocean, etc.

Quantic Dream job latest job listings are for hirings of marketing/people in charge of later stages game production.

Seems like they're fairly close to revealing the game if they're hiring people to be in charge of marketing, since you need to announce something to market it.

MM already said they're revealing their game this year.

Ray Down

Banned
That would be INSANE. Like I said I'll take

Possible

Horizon- Hopeful
Bend- 50/50
Level 5- hopeful
TLG- 5% LOL every year I fell for it, not this year though.

If we got 2 of those final 4 I'd be ecstatic. I doubt Cage's game is ready to be shown but maybe a teaser, GOW4 could get a tiny teaser letting people know it exists, Media Molecule still seems far off somehow, and more capcom/squeenix stuff is likely- maybe deep down, star ocean, etc.

Agreed with the Cage game, that will probably be saved for PGS and I'm about 50/50 with MM game being either at PGS or E3.

GoW4 will follow UC4, small teaser at E3 and then big game-play reveal and PSX.

To me Horizon just screams E3 reveal:
-Been in development for around four years now
-Done by the Killzone 2 team (they been quiet for long enough)
-Fallout New Vegas writter
-Shinobi been hinting at a Fall 2016 date
-And most importantly a huge open world game with robot dinosaurs

Level 5 has said they will reveal a PS4 game at E3.

And with Bend 75% sure, since they haven't released anything since UC:GA in 2012. So they might be ready for a reveal.

JJD

So this thread is gigantic, anyone has a list of the biggest rumors or teases?

Feels like there is so little hype to this E3 compared to last year...

It's a very confusing field, but still, I mostly agree with.

No Man Sky's was something that people thought awesome and at the same time didn't know what to do with. So many options that they can't handle.

Was talked 2 years in a row, most people don't have a single drop of hype for it now.

What are you talking about? I'm still hype for No Man's Sky.

The fact that I consider I'm the only person that thinks the only purpose for the player to go to the center of the universe (as mentioned to be the main objective) is to watch how this games slowly turns into a MMO Exploration game in front of your eyes, the moment you realize you're not the only one going to the center and epic battles and alliances are made. HYPE!

It's a very confusing field, but still, I mostly agree with.

No Man Sky's was something that people thought awesome and at the same time didn't know what to do with. So many options that they can't handle.

Was talked 2 years in a row, most people don't have a single drop of hype for it now.

Cyberpunk 2077, was showed ONCE. People loved that **** and are still hyped.
Whatever oportunity apears, they ask CDPR.

Again, it's a confusing field.

I love people like this talking for everyone.

No one is hyped!!

Disclaimer: I'm not hyped so I lump in everyone else cuz everyone is me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think there's just been less leaks to fuel the hype.

Yeah, not knowing makes people think crazy stuff. It's either HL3 AND AGENT AND TLG ARE GETTING RELEASED JUNE 15, or itsfuckingnothing.gif hahaha.

Lexad

I know I am going to get No Man's Sky, but I seriously hope we don't get ANOTHER 10 minute demo of the game. We have known about this game for a year. Do a BRIEF gameplay demo and a release date. There are other things to show.

I know I am going to get No Man's Sky, but I seriously hope we don't get ANOTHER 10 minute demo of the game. We have known about this game for a year. Do a BRIEF gameplay demo and a release date. There are other things to show.

They could do another large demo simply because there's so many things that they haven't shown in NMS. We still haven't seen combat, mining, the police system, purchasing suits or ships etc. I agree that it's not a good idea for them to do another demo where they're just flying around to planets. But if they're showing all that other stuff, then a lengthy demo isn't an issue.

klaushm

I love people like this talking for everyone.

No one is hyped!!

Disclaimer: I'm not hyped so I lump in everyone else cuz everyone is me.

It would be ok if you read everything. I argued about and I'm hyped.

I talk of what I ser, and I don't ser much people talking about or expecting it.

I have games that I love and I want to see.
I try to discus with people and spects news for them even if not likely to appear.

Most of hype made by everything is by news about an awesome game or an awesome companie or new big game.

I don't talk for everyone, neither I only speak the truth. No Man's Sky at peak of news was the most hyped indie game I e ver saw. Yet, now people are very quiet about.

That's my statement.

As long as they make an amazing Horizon reveal and the game is incredible, I'll be more than happy with the conference. There's already plenty to look forward to for the resto of the year for me =]

And the hope is still alive for TLG in my heart <3

Maybe if we all just "faking-ly" admit that we don't longer care about TLG, it'll get announced out of nowhere.

Shhhhh...don't tell anyone, but I honestly don't care about TLG. I've never played Ico or Shadow, and nothing I saw of TLG those six or seven decades ago made me care about the game. I'd just be hyped that other people were so hyped if it were to get announced.

But keep my confession under your hat. It might ruin any shred of cred (lulz that rhymed) I have as a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom