• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh swell, things in here went all PSX hype thread overnight, and we know how that ended.

You can tell we're less than two weeks away now.

?oe?oe

Nintendo

- Straight into Star Fox. The opening follows an Arwing as it leaves base and enters a space battle. Miyamoto shows it using gyro. Most of us will use normal controls.
- Smash DLC. After Lucas there is Chorus Kids. Miiverse stage and tournaments maybe.
- Splatoon DLC. The big August update includes Octoling girl and boy as playable.
- Mario Maker uses other old school sprites, Link, Samus etc, Release September.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X brief trailer, release window.
- Fatal Frame brief trailer, release date October 31st.
- Punch Out U reveal.
- Animal Crossing U. Doesn't change much of the formula. Adds pets. Q4.
- Yoshi brief trailer.(Though I have a feeling Yoshi won't appear in the Event)
- Devil's Third reappears. SHINY BALD HEAD. More polished. Itagaki interview. Released in August.
- Indie reel.
- Token 3DS game.
- New garage games. One is a spin-off title, the other is a new IP. Q4/Q1.
- New third party collaboration.
- METROID U. Q1 2016.

imagine the madness if 'all the leaks' happen one or two days before the show starts, instead spread out over two or three weeks. Madness ^_^

Panic mode for those showing stuff at the show. I remember Ono saying that he had an emergency meeting with Sony when the SFV trailer leaked. He said that was the reason why they had additional footage at PSX. That wasn't going to be there without the leak.

2thepoint

I have this wonderful feeling that my previous prediction for PSX may come to pass at this E3.

At this stage, I expect Shawn Layden to fly out onto the stage in a glorious spectacle of stardust and wondrous applause. Announcing Vib Ribbon 2 with furious hand gestures, he will apologize for Powers at E3, and repent by announcing Shenmue 3 in partnership with Sega.

He will then proceed to take off his face mask, revealing his true identity: Mark Cerny.

Mark will then proceed to slither across the stage with the Crash revival announcement, and close his segment by grinning in a sinister fashion akin to the Grinch whilst removing his mask and revealing another identity: Jim Ryan.

Jim will strut around the stage with the camera panning in and out uncontrollably while announcing Horizon from Guerrilla Games and Media Molecule's 3D world builder. The camera will once again pan in closer, then zip back out while he removes his mask, leading to another identity being revealed: Shinji Hashimoto.

Shinji will begin his announcement, but will be interrupted by Major Nelson invading the stage screaming hysterically ''I BELIEVE IN PHIL SPENCER!!!'' while throwing excavated ET cartridges into the crowd trying desperately to win their approval. Hashimoto will dropkick him off stage while the Sony executes use unwanted Wonderbook accessories to beat him senseless. The screen will just simply flash FINAL FANTASY VII for real this time and the audience will descend into manic chaos and begin transcending to another plane of existence.

Shinji will end with ''Please be Excited'' while impersonating Hannibal Lector's speech mannerisms, and remove his last mask, revealing the true identity of the person on stage the whole time. The camera will fade to black, and the voice of a man who sounds like he inhaled too much helium will proudly announce that Sony Computer Entertainment has officially acquired Nintendo, name himself as Andrew House and end conference with Reggie being lowered onto the stage in a cage to be poked with sticks by the 5500 strong audience.

As the crowd starts shaking with euphoria and their muscles being to weaken, massive amounts of African bees will be released from the auditorium ceiling as House laughs manically. As the masses scream in terror, Shuhei Yoshida and Adam Boyes will patiently wait outside with a camera crew to film the crowds reactions as they run through the doors shrieking in terror, using the footage to promote next year's E3.

Auctopus

There are types of hypes, and I know it will create another inside topic about "what type of hypes exists? Which is the true one?", but it's not the point.

At the exactaly moment, No Man's Sky is not that much hyped. And it deserve to be hyped as hell.

People are hyped at the potential and what they've heard/seen about the game.

This is why I said a couple pages ago that Sony or Hello Games need to come out with some sort of small walkthrough demonstrating a interaction/mechanic that explains what actually happens in the game. Not a slo-mo walking in a forest again.

I think the game looks cool and I love the RNG monster creation etc. but atm there's nothing to get hyped about 'cause I want to actually do something in the world.

jmaine_ph

I'm still working on it, but this is pretty much what i expect from Sony conference

-Opening video/montage
-Uncharted 4 = Live Demo + Release Date (Mar '16)
-Shawn Layden's General talk = Sales ("PS4 has sold a bazillion" etc.); PsPlus numbers and new offers (first big games for free: Knack, Killzone, inFamous, ACIV; Driveclub+ avaible NOW); Other services (PSNow, PSVue)
-The Witness = Trailer + Release Date (August)
-Rime = Trailer + Release Date (October)
-Until Dawn = Trailer
-Uncharted HD Collection = Announcement, Contains UC4 Beta, November Release
-Kill Strain = Trailer + Beta this Fall
-No Man Sky = Live Demo + Release Date (December)
-Batman Arkham Knight = Launch Trailer
-Destiny = Expansions Trailer
-Metal Gear Solid V = Trailer + MGO PS4 Exclusive Beta this Summer
-Assassin's Creed Syndicate = Trailer
-Mad Max = Trailer
-Star Wars Battlefront = Live Co-Op Demo
-Persona 5 = Trailer + Release Date (September in Japan, November in the USA, Early 2016 in EU)
-2015 Games Montage
-Adam Boyes Indie Section = Rapture, Shadow of the Beast, Tomorrow Children, new titles, multiple clips played at the same time
-Gio Corsi's Build the List = Psychonauts, Yakuza Ishin, Yakuza 5 release after conference, PSVita games)
-Morpheus Section = New and older titles compatibility: DC, Destiny, Battlefront, NMS, The Witness
-Sony Bend New IP = CGI+Gameplay Trailer + Morpheus Compatibility + Release Timeframe (Summer '16)
-Ratchet&Clank Reboot = Trailer + Release Date (April '16)
-Watch Dogs 2 = Live Gameplay Demo + Release Timeframe (Spring '16)
-Street Fighter V = 4 new Characters revealed + live match + Release Window (Early '16)
-Deep Down = Trailer + Confirmation for the West + Beta coming "in the future"
-Final Fantasy XV = Trailer + Release Timeframe (Spring '16)
-Level-5 New IP = CGI Trailer
-Guerrilla "Horizon" = Live Gameplay Demo + Release TImeframe (Spring '16)

It's pretty tame regarding new announcements, but if they pace it well and give meaty updates on already known games, i'd be pretty satisfied.
Throw in some Last Guardian and this would be my perfect E3!

imagine the madness if 'all the leaks' happen one or two days before the show starts, instead spread out over two or three weeks. Madness ^_^

You mean like that time one of Microsoft's European offices (Italian?) accidentally updated their website early and leaked all of Microsoft's E3 announcements? That was a funny time.

I don't know why people are craving leaks so much anyway. Why? What's so bad about waiting till E3? It's not like you're going to get the games earlier.

It's either E3 this year sucks (probably not) or security has been strengthened.

If a company like Apple can't keep secrets anymore, then I don't know if we can expect Sony/MS etc. to be able to.

Unless there aren't even secrets worth keeping? I hope not.. But prior E3s the insiders would normally be teasing us with "just wait guys it's gonna be big" etc. This year... *crickets*

If a company like Apple can't keep secrets anymore, then I don't know if we can expect Sony/MS etc. to be able to.

Unless there aren't even secrets worth keeping? I hope not.. But prior E3s the insiders would normally be teasing us with "just wait guys it's gonna be big" etc. This year... *crickets*

Software and hardware are two very different animals.

I know that we hate remasters but any chance that From might be working on a Demon Souls remaster for PS4?

I know their A-team is working on BB dlc, but what about the Dark Souls 2 team?

Perhaps, it's just odd though, it's the only E3 in recent memory I can recall being like this, it's a bit eerie.

Don´t worry, my gut feelings say it´s going to be abysmally crappy. And since my gut feelings are always wrong, it´s going to be amazing instead. You heard it here first.

Green Yoshi

It seems that we will see an announcement by Activision tomorrow. GamersGlobal.de teasers a preview for tomorrow. ("Secret title: Preview. Unannounced title by Activision).

The new Skylanders was announced already, right?

This is why I said a couple pages ago that Sony or Hello Games need to come out with some sort of small walkthrough demonstrating a interaction/mechanic that explains what actually happens in the game. Not a slo-mo walking in a forest again.

I think the game looks cool and I love the RNG monster creation etc. but atm there's nothing to get hyped about 'cause I want to actually do something in the world.
A summary of what you do in thegame.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=142056214

Here is a great read about the game and its development if interested.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/05/18/world-without-end-raffi-khatchadourian

Agreed that it would be nice to see an extended play session or something but they have shown quite a bit of what you will be doing and have explained what you will be doing.

I know that we hate remasters but any chance that From might be working on a Demon Souls remaster for PS4?

I doubt it. They've got much bigger fish to fry, and Sony is probably keener on running with Bloodborne than muddying the waters by bringing back Demon's Souls again.

Jimrpg

With my new PC this is the least excited I've ever been for an E3. Two years ago we had the hardware reveals which were awesome (and Tretton dropping the mic), last year we had some exciting news on 2015 games such as No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4, Persona 5 and Bloodborne.

This year 3 of those 4 games haven't been released yet, and the studios that haven't released anything such as Sony Bend, Insomniac don't really interest me in any way.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is Nintendo's digital conference which they did a great job with last year and release dates for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Zero/Fatal Frame Wii U and Yakuza 5 release date.

It seems that we will see an announcement by Activision tomorrow. GamersGlobal.de teasers a preview for tomorrow. ("Secret title: Preview. Unannounced title by Activision).

It's the new Crash game everyone on Gaf has been clamouring for!
On iOS

You mean like that time one of Microsoft's European offices (Italian?) accidentally updated their website early and leaked all of Microsoft's E3 announcements? That was a funny time.

I don't know why people are craving leaks so much anyway. Why? What's so bad about waiting till E3? It's not like you're going to get the games earlier.

Patience is a virtue. Of course one could wait until the actual announcements, but having something beforehand (doesn't matter how unsubstantial it might be) just gives you an extra portion of uncertainty of what is going to go down.

Pretty sure it was just leaked, so it'll probably be Skylanders.

Bousf

I have the feeling that everyone this year is being extremely careful about stuff leaking....I won't say I'm insanely hyped because I am not, but I am really excited.

We may not get wowing announcements per se, but I feel like the overall feeling of the event will be epic, hopefully one to remember :D

Stampy

Hmm, where are the new IPs trademarks? Does it mean that does games haven't still been trademarked or the are still not made publicly avilable.

Philippo

Throw in some Last Guardian and this would be my perfect E3!

Nope not in mine ahahah, i try to keep it realistic.
I expect to see it at this year PSX though.

Well Team 2 just released DS2 remaster, so i don't think they'll work on another remaster, more possibly they're starting on DSIII.
If there's ever going to be a DeS Remake, i guess it'll be outsourced.

Hmm, where are the new IPs trademarks? Does it mean that does games haven't still been trademarked or the are still not made publicly avilable.

I don't know how this stuff works, but I think it was this time last year when we learned about the trademarks for Entwined, Ori, Bloodborne, Kill Strain, and others.

inFamous First Light and A Thief's End trademark only appeared after E3. Tomorrow Children, Alienation and Wild also appeared after their reveal.

Tldr; Sony got smarter with trademarks.

I'm a simple guy to please at a Sony E3 presser.

Just need a look at a couple WWS productions.

If I can see Horizon specifically I'll flip my lid.

Love, love Guerilla Games work since KZ2!!

I don't know how this stuff works, but I think it was this time last year when we learned about the trademarks for Entwined, Ori, Bloodborne, Kill Strain, and others.

Could be that the only unannounced game that has not already been trademarked is Level 5's. Horizon has already been trademarked and may be that the rest of the show = games already announced like UC4.

Lot's of Sony E3 discussion going on here so I'm going to drop what are essentially my final predictions for their conference. I will do some for the other conferences as well.

Here's what I more or less expect to see in approximate order based on past Sony conferences. I feel it's both optimistic and a bit reserved if that makes any sense:

- PlayStation montage
- No Man's Sky demo w/ release window for holiday 2015
- Shawn Layden introduction
- Until Dawn & Tearaway: Unfolded trailers w/ Tearaway release date
- Gravity Rush 2 announced for PS4 w/ trailer & release date. Will include original game
- Uncharted Collection announced for PS4 w/ trailer & release date. Will include Uncharted 4 beta
- Uncharted 4 gameplay demo w/ release date for March 2016
- Ratchet & Clank PS4 debut trailer w/ release window
- Building the list segment announcing some localizations and ports - Digimon: Cyber Sleuth, Yakuza Zero, Goat Simulator, and God Eater 2 are all possible candidates
- Exclusive and timed indie exclusive game montage
- Rapid-fire trailers for Sony collaborations: RIME, Alienation, Edith Finch, Shadow of the Beast, The Tomorrow Children, Rapture, and Drawn to death. All coming exclusively to PS4, all playable on the show floor
- Morpheus discussion w/ informational videos and demo footage
- List of developers/publishers that will support Morpheus
- Confirm a couple of first party projects from Sony London and Sony Japan
- Verbal confirmation of Gran Turismo 7 for Morpheus w/ no media shown
- Street Fighter V footage w/ release window
- Level 5's PS4 game announced w/ trailer
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate trailer
- Batman: Arkham Knight trailer
- Star Wars: Battlefront gameplay demo w/ exclusive PS4 content
- Sony Bend's game announced for PS4 w/ trailer & footage
- Horizon announced for PS4 w/ trailer & footage

So, basically no Last Guardian, no God of War, no mega third party exclusive like Resident Evil 7 or something, just a good conference loaded with a lot of what we expect yet some very nice and exciting announcements. I feel that anyone with reasonable expectations will be very satisfied this year.

I will fucking RAGE.
If you are going to mention GT7 there best be a trailer.

Lemondish

With my new PC this is the least excited I've ever been for an E3. Two years ago we had the hardware reveals which were awesome (and Tretton dropping the mic), last year we had some exciting news on 2015 games such as No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4, Persona 5 and Bloodborne.

This year 3 of those 4 games haven't been released yet, and the studios that haven't released anything such as Sony Bend, Insomniac don't really interest me in any way.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is Nintendo's digital conference which they did a great job with last year and release dates for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Project Zero/Fatal Frame Wii U and Yakuza 5 release date.

There will be a PC conference, by the way. Should show you what to expect for your new PC.

Though I'm not sure how you could claim to be disinterested in specific development studios, especially if they haven't released any information on what they're working on.

iMax

My expectations are the following:

Microsoft:
-Open the show with a montage of the current X1 line up and throw previews of upcoming games in the montage
-Crystal Dynamic's developer comes on the stage to show off a live demo of the new Tomb Raider; confirmed for a November/December release
-New Gears of War announced alongside remaster of Gears 1; beta of new Gears of War bundled with Gears 1 remaster
-Rare developer comes on stage and comments on the companies big anniversary with a montage of their N64, Xbox and 360 IP. Then the montage ends with the classic beat of the Battletoads theme as it gets louder and louder until it explodes into a rock remix of it with a gameplay trailer of a brand new retro Battletoads coming to the X1 in August/September.
-Trailer fades out....cutting to Banjo playing on a Banjo. The classic theme continues until Kazooie walks up and slaps the Banjo away, jumping into his backpack and cutting into gameplay. Rare developer walks up on stage telling the audience that this is a new Banjo adventure heavily based on the first two tittles. Gameplay continues with a very fun looking demo being played live on stage. Banjo collects a Jiggy and the screen fades away, cutting into a trailer for the new game, with a summer 2016 release date closing it.
-Rare developer walks on stage and tells audience that Rare is back, leaving the stage with a teaser for Killer Instinct Season 3.
-Microsoft announces new IPs from their partners and highlights a few big third party games.
-Show closes with live demo of Halo 4

That would be kinda disappointing.

Reverse predictions. Things I think we wont see at E3.

The Last Guardian
Crackdown
Guerrilla Games new IP
Crash Bandicoot
Hideo Kojima
A 2015 release date for Persona 5
Gran Turismo
Criterion Games new game

Total bummers that will probably get announced.

Final Fantasy 8 for PS4
Watch Dogs 2 is Watch Dogs 1 but with a "Ezio" archetype lead
They do something wrong with Mirrors Edge 2. Like its Online Only or its exclusive to the Xbox or something.

KOHIPEET

The Last Guardian
Crackdown
Guerrilla Games new IP
Crash Bandicoot
Hideo Kojima
Gran Turismo
Criterion Games new game

Final Fantasy 8 for PS4
They do something wrong with Mirrors Edge 2. Like its Online Only or its exclusive to the Xbox or something.

Mr. Optimism

klaushm

Yup. I was just hitting the same button without been clear hehe

No Man's Sky is a game that there is a lot of hype within it, but, is strange to not see people asking for it on E3. It doesn't do justice to the game.

That's why I stated people are not hyped for it. It's almost as news/media is completely releated to hype.

Now, when they show even the same footage at E3 there will be 3 threads at the same second.

I think it is a more reasonable logic presented as I've talked before. As I say that, sorry if I offended anyone.

The Last Guardian
Crackdown
Guerrilla Games new IP
Crash Bandicoot
Hideo Kojima
Gran Turismo
Criterion Games new game

Final Fantasy 8 for PS4

I'm with you on pretty much all of those. I think (hope) Guerrilla's new game will be there, but I have a feeling it won't be. Other stuff you've suggested seems quite realistic, and I'm sure EA will come up with an inventive way to ruin Mirror's Edge.

Mr. Optimism

Fine. Some Optimism!

Things I am illogically hopeful for.

Beyond Good and Evil 2! This is the fucking year. Michael Ancel is about to bail ubisoft so they should get it out before he leaves completely. They have dropped hints about it semi recently. This is it!

Mass Effect 4 is going to be rad. How can you go wrong with the frostbite engine and the mother feckin' Mako!

Sony Bend's new game! And that game is going to look great because people kind of forget that studio has some of the best tech guys at Sony. I expect The Order 1886 levels of "wait... why is this portable developer suddenly making the best looking game ever?".

Valve might actually have a new game for their VR thing. And Left 4 Dead 3 has leaked enough times that its probably going to happen. Maybe?

If Bethesda can make The New Order then I have hope that they will go the right direction with Doom

klaushm

Mass Effect 4 is going to be rad. How can you go wrong with the frostbite engine and the mother feckin' Mako!

The script/lore. Hope not x.x

Valve might actually have a new game for their VR thing. And Left 4 Dead 3 has leaked enough times that its probably going to happen. Maybe?

Any Valve game v3 on their VR pls. They're going to pc E3?

If Bethesda can make The New Order then I have hope that they will go the right direction with Doom

That would be very good. I would sacrifice my little finger for it u.u... But I've used it for a new Dead Space... Then we got Dead Space 3. Just have 14 fingers left... On my right band.

Why wouldn't they show GG's game? Especially after insiders saying it was ready to be shown last year. It should be really far into development as well and people are hyped for it after that artwork leak. Besides, Sony has to tease some 2016 games beside Uncharted.

KOHIPEET

Fine. Some Optimism!

Things I am illogically hopeful for.

Beyond Good and Evil 2! This is the fucking year. Michael Ancel is about to bail ubisoft so they should get it out before he leaves completely. They have dropped hints about it semi recently. This is it!

Sony Bend's new game! And that game is going to look great because people kind of forget that studio has some of the best tech guys at Sony. I expect The Order 1886 levels of "wait... why is this portable developer suddenly making the best looking game ever?".

I honestly expect GG's new game, but I kinda agree with you. Aside from GG's game I'm lowering my expectations this year.

Didn't know about Bend being a tech kind of studio, so that's new to me. But I look forward to see whatever they're making.

p.s: Mass Effect's gonna be fuckin awesome and it's about time to show it finally.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps already mentioned, but the E3 Insider page is now updated, and shows the press conferences. They continue to use Microsoft's old logo (and in a different section Nintendo's old red logo!) for some reason; I've asked them about this before but I have gotten no answer.

e32015pressconferenceqtu8w.png

This listing is also incorrect, Bethesda's press conference is on June 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom