• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any new rules for conference threads? They're impossible to follow and are just filled with omg or holy shits. They're like a bad chat box really.

With a NeoGAF Gold subscription you can use the following filters:

- Only show posts from regular members (no juniors)
- Only show posts from members with a post count higher than 1000
- Only show posts from members who have cool avatars

Any new rules for conference threads? They're impossible to follow and are just filled with omg or holy shits. They're like a bad chat box really.

I agree with you actually. If you're not watching the conference they're impossible to follow because they lack detail. No-one's fault of course, but it just means there's no point in reading the topic unless you're doing so while watching the conference.

I agree with you actually. If you're not watching the conference they're impossible to follow because they lack detail. No-one's fault of course, but it just means there's no point in reading the topic unless you're doing so while watching the conference.

Conference threads while the event is for NeoGAF is just like 4chan /v/ conference threads for me, both which I keep open and hit refresh every 5 seconds.

Entertainment.

TomShoe

Banned

A junior filter would actually be pretty nice. GAF's ignore filter is already useless anyway.

tinders

So my business is officially up for grabs at e3. I'm WiiU only thus far this gen but I've decided that I will treat myself later this year with a new console.

Having no real attachment to Sony or Microsoft or their current exclusives, I'm hoping that e3 offers something to help me decide.

XB1 can probably win me by announcing a return to some old Rare IPs such as Perfect Dark, Jet Force or BanjoKazooie.

Playstation can probably win me with some JRPGs.

Social features, media features and services like PSNow don't really interest me. It's purely about the games.

If nothing I'm interested in materialises I'm probably leaning towards Xbox just cause I like the controller better and because Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive.

Anyone else on the fence? And if so what will it take to secure your purchase?

klaushm

So my business is officially up for grabs at e3. I'm WiiU only thus far this gen but I've decided that I will treat myself later this year with a new console.

Having no real attachment to Sony or Microsoft or their current exclusives, I'm hoping that e3 offers something to help me decide.

XB1 can probably win me by announcing a return to some old Rare IPs such as Perfect Dark, Jet Force or BanjoKazooie.

Playstation can probably win me with some JRPGs.

Social features, media features and services like PSNow don't really interest me. It's purely about the games.

If nothing I'm interested in materialises I'm probably leaning towards Xbox just cause I like the controller better and because Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive.

Anyone else on the fence? And if so what will it take to secure your purchase?

About the controller, I thought X360 superior to PS3, but PS4 superior to XBO. But that is a personal opinion. You would love any console controller, so it is not that relevant now.

About games... If you are on the fence, watch E3 and see which games git you more.

Ethelwulf

Hey man don't discriminate, not all juniors are bad :(.

Yeah, I agree on this. As if being a member makes "the person" in front of the desk more meaningful or important. "Ahhh Juniors"... take it more like a joke imo. If someone truly means it then well, you can't do anything about it :)

"No excitement allowed." :(

YCRcWhv.jpg

What are people supposed to do? Write elaborate posts during fast-moving presentations?

I know its fun for some people but i don't believe there is anyone here that actually reads all of what's posted in the threads.

Philippo

You also get leaks a week earlier only by trusty sources.

About the controller, I thought X360 superior to PS3, but PS4 superior to XBO. But that is a personal opinion. You would love any console controller, so it is not that relevant now.

About games... If you are on the fence, watch E3 and see which games git you more.

Don't forget graphics capabilities..

klaushm

Of course not, there's a whitelist for the good ones :^)

There's just been many stupid ones over the years
Google 'Hindle neogaf' and you'll see what I mean

Searched. Good he was banned.
Am I on the whitelist?? *-*

I don't 'read' them... but I skim through them. All of them

<- Unproductive human being with no social life & wasting time poorly for one day during E3.

This. Pretty much. FF7 port at PSX. SO MUCH FUN. At first everybody was so excited, but then.... well, you all know hehehehehe

Nibel

I know its fun for some people but i don't believe there is anyone here that actually reads all of what's posted in the threads.

Not true; a lot of people love to jump back into those threads to read people's initial reactions to certain announcements.

The Zelda Wii U announcement, the Versus/XV announcement, Kingdom Hearts 3very soon after it or the Miyazaki/Bloodborne moment - just reading this gives me the chills because I remember those hype moments.

The level-headed discussions take place afterwards, and without those instant-reaction threads E3 wouldn't be the same.

jimforspeed

Neo Member

When I joined two years ago I lived the E3-GAF combo and never looked back since. Like this year I think I am gonna utilize double screens for forum-livestream to make it even better.

DNAbro

Not true; a lot of people love to jump back into those threads to read people's initial reactions to certain announcements.

The Zelda Wii U announcement, the Versus/XV announcement, Kingdom Hearts 3very soon after it or the Miyazaki/Bloodborne moment - just reading this gives me the chills because I remember those hype moments.

The level-headed discussions take place afterwards, and without those instant-reaction threads E3 wouldn't be the same.

this comment made me laugh

We prob wont get KH3 until late 2015 at the earliest

Jigolo

It got down.. short time but it did.

My goal is a smooth GAF E3 experience for you all.

This is how I understood this post.

"It got down.. short time but it did.

My goal is a smooth GAF E3 experience so please don't reannounce The Last Guardian, Sony"

:p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if the gamer channel on Pluto will be streaming E3?

Also where on gaf is there a thread with schedules?
I will post the E3 2015 | General Information and FAQ thread on June 12. It will contain a schedule of events, among other things.

ArjanN

Honesty they move so fast during the conference that if you post something and refresh it already pushed back a page.

It's fun just to see people's reactions though.

Torgo

Shameless plug:
PS Nation will have 6 writers at E3 this year, with podcast releases nightly straight from the show. We've got more appointments scheduled then we ever have in previous years and we have more time during the day to get articles/interviews posted.

Coverage starts on SUNDAY this year too.... SUNDAY!
/Shameless Plug

salromano

King of Wushu for PS4 will be at E3, if anyone's interested in that.

I know there's an Xbox One version apparently, too, but I guess that won't be there.

Snail Games announced today their product lineup for the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 in Los Angeles, June 16-18. The company will be featuring a mix of new iterations of classic Snail franchises on console and mobile devices, including King of Wushu for the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system and Age of Wushu Dynasty for mobile devices. Snail Games will also mark the E3 debut of the company's W3D Gaming Smart Phone, a mobile device with next-gen hardware including dual joysticks and physical button controls; and the OBox, an Android-powered console that features a robust and customizable set of hardware.

KING OF WUSHU

King of Wushu is the company's first PlayStation 4 title and is an action MOBA set in the turbulence of the Ming Dynasty. Players can take to the battlefield with 15 unique heroes, fast-paced action gameplay, and vivid and stylized visuals using the Crysis 3 Engine. Fight as one of the famous schools of Kung Fu and join the struggle between good and evil for the coveted Tome of the 9 Yangs.

Availability: To Be Announced
ESRB Rating: RP
Platform: PlayStation 4
Price: To Be Announced

Whatever happened to zeromcd73? Him and me, we were always united in our desire to see Gravity Rush 2 again, and now he's not going to be around if it shows up in a few days time. It's a shame, he was a cool dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom