• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be tears and gnashing of teeth.
GAF will both love and hate EA.
Ubisoft will continue to Ubisoft us all.
Sony has several nice montages. And hats.
MS realises that runner up medals don't please investors. Or publishers.
There will be more colours than brown, blue or orange.

My son could do that.

GAF will both love (Battlefield) and hate EA (No Mirror's Edge).
Ubisoft will continue to Ubisoft us all. (AssCreed once again)
Sony has several nice montages. And hats (L.A. Noire has the most hats per second. No.2 exclusive confirmed).
MS realises that runner up medals don't please investors. Or publishers. (New strategy: Aim for 3rd place)
There will be more colours than brown, blue or orange. (Like Red Dead Rsomething)

TM94

I'm really bored so here's a few predictions for some categories.

Best Presentation: Bethesda

Biggest Announcement: Fallout 4

Biggest Surprise: Beyond Good and Evil 2 returns

Most disappointing: Sony announces Knack will be given away on Plus the following month

Best demo: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Please Stop: So many timed DLC announcements

Game of the Show: MGS V

if people think sony isn't going to either open with battlefront or close with it are crazy. it is destiny part 2 people! a special edition bundle and a white one will likely be announced as well.

I guess i'm crazy. I think they closed with Destiny in 2013 because their first party lineup was thin. This year they should have plenty to pick from. Guerrilla, Bend, Japan Studio, Naughty Dog and any second party deals they have. An Uncharted 4 setpiece opening would make sense. And then a new game reveal to close things out.

Does this have any substance to it or a source, because I've seen lots of people on the forum reiterate this 'rumour' without anything to back it up. I don't believe they'd hype up Tomb Raider Rising as a "2015 exclusive" and then lose it a handful of months later. If there's a clause in the contract saying that the exclusivity deal folds if Uncharted 4 gets delayed into 2016 then MS were pretty stupid to agree to that, because we all know how susceptible games are to delays, and ND's previous game The Last of Us also suffered a delay or two.

I don't know about the clause, but it's been known that Tomb Raider 2 would be a timed exclusive for a while now.

sense

I guess i'm crazy. I think they closed with Destiny in 2013 because their first party lineup was thin. This year they should have plenty to pick from. Guerrilla, Bend, Japan Studio, Naughty Dog and any second party deals they have. An Uncharted 4 setpiece opening would make sense. And then a new game reveal to close things out.

i can see where you are coming from but third parties usually get priority and this holiday I don't think they could have anything else that is bigger than battlefront especially with the uncharted 4 delay.

i can see where you are coming from but third parties usually get priority and this holiday I don't think they could have anything else that is bigger than battlefront especially with the uncharted 4 delay.

I'm not sure that it's necessarily about being bigger as much as it's about giving their own games center stage. Openers and closers are know for being a big deal. So people look toward those. If they're showing something like Guerrilla's game, then I can only see it being one of those. It's a game that's been in development since 2010. It's also going to be the first WRPG that they've ever developed. I think that they're going to give it a lot of attention when it's finally revealed.

There's also Gran Turismo 7, which we all know is coming, but we don't know exactly when. And that is a pure show closer. As it will be the first look at a new GT game on new hardware.

Does this have any substance to it or a source, because I've seen lots of people on the forum reiterate this 'rumour' without anything to back it up. I don't believe they'd hype up Tomb Raider Rising as a "2015 exclusive" and then lose it a handful of months later. If there's a clause in the contract saying that the exclusivity deal folds if Uncharted 4 gets delayed into 2016 then MS were pretty stupid to agree to that, because we all know how susceptible games are to delays, and ND's previous game The Last of Us also suffered a delay or two.

That is exactly why they hype it up.
If it was a full exclusive forever they would have told us by now, you bet.

That is exactly why they hype it up.
If it was a full exclusive forever they would have told us by now, you bet.

You misunderstand me. I'm referencing the specific rumours that it's no longer exclusive at all. I know that MS were particular with their wording during the original reveal and it was only ever a timed exclusive.

You misunderstand me. I'm referencing the specific rumours that it's no longer exclusive at all. I know that MS were particular with their wording during the original reveal and it was only ever a timed exclusive.

Question of money I guess. Tomp Raider as playstation-associated game with strong appeal in Europe should be quite expensive for a console this far behind especially in Europe.
Of couse it's possible that they spend the extra cash, but we should have heard that already loud and clear. I don't know if this is really something to reveal proudly at E3 since the last exclusivity announcement for Tomb Raider was a mixed bag already.

Coxy

New genres, revived franchises, spectacular open world masterpieces, scifi epic ship to ship battles, pirates, ninjas, lootwhoring, chickens in radiation suits, point and clicks, music to set your heart aflame, BASE jumping in Nepal, capturing all your flags, angels and demons losing their minds, and a boy, his friends, memories and tears?

have we seen all these yet? do they all still exist?

I can match a few of them up like Far Cry & RIME & Fluster Cluck

I know that, but there are rumours that it's no longer exclusive at all, only there doesn't seem to be any kind of source for said rumours. It just sounds like nonsense that some random dude made up for a laugh after Uncharted 4 got delayed.

Nah, at least nothing from anyone with cred.

As it is right now, folks like BruceLeeRoy, Kagari, etc are stating timed-exclusive up till around Spring 2016, or so. And not the DR3/Ryse kind of exclusivity.

I'm really bored so here's a few predictions for some categories.

Best Presentation: Bethesda

Biggest Announcement: Fallout 4

Biggest Surprise: Beyond Good and Evil 2 returns

Most disappointing: Sony announces Knack will be given away on Plus the following month

Best demo: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Please Stop: So many timed DLC announcements

Game of the Show: MGS V

Not for me, but then again, I dislike Bethesda's RPG with a passion. :)

I think MS will come out with all guns blazing and Scalebound, being a Kamiya directed game, has the potential to be my GotS.

But really, Bloodborne DLC is all I need. That and a return to form for Hitman.

I predict nothing, and I'm sure I'll still be disappointed somehow.

post-4263-I-expect-nothing-and-still-Im-OPyw.gif

thuway

Personal educated guesses:

1. Microsoft will debut an all new "pro controller" for the Xbox One.
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-is-working-on-a-hardcore-game-controller-for-the-xbox-one

2. David Cage's new game will show up in some capacity making up one third of Sony's notable first party announcements. Guerilla will be the second. Who knows what the third is.

3. There will be no Polyphony, Team ICO, or Kratos mentions.

3. Japanese developers/genres will have notable appearances at both conferences. Kamiya, Nomura, Trolljima?

4. People will realize that exclusive doesn't really mean exclusive. Sequels are always multiplatform if you don't own the I.P.

5. Microsoft will win Best E3 CONFERENCE. Phil will throw every single internally developed game onto a mega screen with a 5-10 minute gameplay demo. Halo, Forza, Rare, Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, etc. This will be the first MS conference that focuses a majority of it's efforts on first party tites.

6. Sony will be third party heavy, like a Microsoft Golden Era conference. People will ask - "Where are the exclusives?" Conference will be strong, excellent even- but will fall short to MS.

7. Giocorsi's segment will be the best Japanese announcements of E3. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue, Yakuza 0, and classic untranslated SNES JRPG's will find their way to Vita.

8. Sony's conference will end on the release/pricing announcement of Morpheus alongside a PS4 price drop to $299. Most people will call this anticlimatic because they wanted the Last Guardian or God of War.

9. Microsoft's conference will end on a cutscene of Black Tusk's Gears of War, most people will call this anticlimatic because they wanted in game footage.

10. The same Dolan "Everything was ____" meme will somehow find recirculation.

11. Adam Boyes will make an announcement that will break GAF.

le-seb

have we seen all these yet? do they all still exist?
Fitting the pirates description was Assassin's Creed : Black Flag.
Point & click, you had the The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us. We also know there's a Day of the Tentacle remaster coming.
And scifi epic ship to ship battles is certainly EVE Valkyrie.

Right.

Ending on Morphious is totally what sony will do. This is the yaer they go all in with that thing huh? A solid third of their show is going to be VR.

Circinus

"Hats" Hopefully no 3rd party games with exclusive content or something...

Right.

Ending on Morphious is totally what sony will do. This is the yaer they go all in with that thing huh? A solid third of their show is going to be VR.

Yep, it's going to be the only E3 before the launch of Morpheus (unless it launches in late June 2016), so I'm expecting a lot of great stuff from Morpheus. ^.^

Yep, it's going to be the only E3 before the launch of Morpheus (unless it launches in late June 2016), so I'm expecting a lot of great stuff from Morpheus. ^.^

well, what else would hats refer to in video gaming related topics?

tf2 hats? lol

Hats means Sony is going all in on third party marketing contracts for this fall. Lots of games will likely have exclusive DLC and marketing rights. They likely don't have much "New" for the fall, so this is where they are going to stem the tide.

I like the association hat/morpheus.

Circinus

Hats means Sony is going all in on third party marketing contracts for this fall. Lots of games will likely have exclusive DLC and marketing rights. They likely don't have much "New" for the fall, so this is where they are going to stem the tide.

Lame if they do that imho.

Especially considering they have Ratchet & Clank by the way, anyway, which is easily going to be the biggest first-party / exclusive game of the holiday season*. (in terms of sales)

*Besides Halo 5: Guardian

TM94

Please let Sony do the Morpheus stuff in the middle of their conference since that's where they usually fuck up the momentum.

Do not end with it.

Cruxist

I'm predicting Destiny 2 footage on Sony's stage, NOT the anticipated Comet expansion.

Sony teases new God of War as the opener for their presser.

Nintendo announces something amazing in their pre-recorded show, but the majority of the "inside treehouse" stuff is already announced games and fans aren't nearly as happy as they were last year.

MS shows off the Halo 5 Xbox One bundle and gives us gameplay that emphasizes this Locke fellow is someone we should care about for some reason.

Square showcases an amazing Kingdom Hearts 3 either gameplay set piece or trailer then says its still a million years off.

My actual Nintendo predictions:

Yoshi, Xenoblade, Mario Maker will all get a minor appearance/trailer/release date.

Devil's Third trailer, will be a lot more polished than last year. Late 2015.

Star Fox gameplay unveal. Holiday 2015.

Animal Crossing U announced. Early 2016.

Metroid U announced. Late 2016.

Indie reel.

Quick 3DS reel.

More Mario Kart and Smash Bros DLC.

Amiibo.

So I'm getting that Tomb Raider 2 is gonna be Mass Effect 2 situation, if not with a faster turn around.

Well, some people will tell you that Spencer's reference of the deal being similar to Ryse/DR3 means it['ll only come to PC later, not PS4, and that MS wouldn't be stupid enough to just buy exclusivity for 4-6 months.

But they've never been shy to say otherwise, as shown here https://twitter.com/yusuf_i_mehdi/status/395306671687229440, so yeah, it's totally Mass Effect 2.

thuway

Sony teases new God of War as the opener for their presser.

Nope. I predict Sony opens with Call of Duty. Last year they opened with a 5 minute montage of Destiny. God of War is something you end with, or punctuate a conference with. It isn't mean to be lost in the shuffle.

That's precisely what it means.

Please let Sony do the Morpheus stuff in the middle of their conference since that's where they usually fuck up the momentum.

Do not end with it.
I agree with you, but I'm just going by history. Sony has ended conferences with price announcements / hardware details. They are more or less treating Morpheus like an all new platform. It's best if it's relegated to it's own 10 minute segment and moved along.

Has there ever been any press conference, by any publisher, that the first game-bit is a teaser instead of say, either a strong trailer or gameplay?

Teasers are just the most awkward way to start off a show, because there's no content to it.

Personal educated guesses:
6. Sony will be third party heavy, like a Microsoft Golden Era conference. People will ask - "Where are the exclusives?" Conference will be strong, excellent even- but will fall short to MS.

giphy.gif

Star Wars
COD
Watch Dogs 2 ?
Metal Gear Solid
Destiny
Kingdom Hearts or/and Final Fantasy
Mad Max or/and Just Cause 3

* There will be a Metroid game at E3 for 3DS and/or Wii U. If it's going to happen, this has to be the year. I feel pretty confident about this, actually, especially with Zelda Wii U not being at the show.

* Bethesda is really going to bring it this year. I think Fallout 4, but I also think you'll see one or more games with a 2015 release. Possibly Doom and/or Dishonored 2.

* Square-Enix reveals the new Hitman.

* Big Rare-related announcement at Microsoft's show. I'm guessing Banjo-Kazooie, of some fashion.

* No mention whatsoever of Mirror's Edge from EA.

* A teaser of God of War from Sony (at most), I wouldn't be surprised if it's also not mentioned at all. I'm guessing it's still too early to show. I'm leaning towards there being some sort of teaser, though.

* Another no-show from The Last Guardian. I keep thinking "this is the year", but it never comes to pass. With Uncharted 4 being delayed to 2016 and the potential lack of a new God of War, I think now's the perfect time for it to re-debut. But it won't. More and more, I suspect that Sony's big teaser at the end will be God of War. I hope to be wrong on this one, but I'm done expecting anything from this game until it inevitably does turn up.

gaming_noob

My wishes/predictions:

- Kojima teams with Santa Monica Studio on a new stealth franchise
- Rare teams with Rockstar develop Perfect Dark Open World FPS

Lucreto

I hope not. Sony's studios should be getting ready to show off their new games after releasing games in 2012 and 2013. Sony usually have a 2 or 3 year cycle and that should be coming around now and next year.

GamesCom is a bigger deal for Sony and they do divide their exclusives over 3 conferences or 4 like last year.

Sid

I hope not. Sony's studios should be getting ready to show off their new games after releasing games in 2012 and 2013. Sony usually have a 2 or 3 year cycle and that should be coming around now and next year.
Which games did they release in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom